VF-0D and SV-51 Ivanov ver

Grayson72

Ok, I'm still a rookie at Macross Zero, is Ivanov the guy in the charcoal black SV-51, Roy's nemesis? If so, does anyone know if there's any differences with Nora's? (If he is Ivanov, why does my Hong Kong subtitles call him DD?)

And is the VF-0D in the first 3 episodes? (I haven't seen the last two.) That's not the plane with the forward swept wings they show on the Asuka II is it?

Anyway, I'm happy they're making them! :D I hope they'll do Battroids too... :rolleyes:

so the there would be a chance that the VF-0D seen at the 2004 Hobby Expo could the Hasegawa's kit and not the scratch build that has been seen in the Hobby Japan magazines?

here's a pic...

post-3-1094678928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

so the there would be a chance that the VF-0D seen at the 2004 Hobby Expo could the Hasegawa's kit and not the scratch build that has been seen in the Hobby Japan magazines?

here's a pic...

Mmm, lovely...

I think I actually like that better than then VF-0A/B/S versions...:)

Interesting that the VF-0D and VF-0S are both standard range numbering where the VF-0A and B are special editions.

Would love to see some Gerwalk versions of their kits as well. Don't care about transforming but I like the Gerwalk posing.

Cheers

Tony

I am thoroughly convinced that what ever you see in the mags will eventually be out. Scratch builds are just the proto's to gauge a reaction. 

That said it still doesn't stop the fact that I will be getting these as well.

So where are the GBP, gerwalk version, YF 19 battroid ... ????

New artwork and new decals for the Ivanov one. Just another way to sell the same kit <_< (it seems the nora type is not a commercial HIT)

but what we see in the mags are possibly market test, that's right.

My opinion is that hasegawa hurt their own sales for the SV-51 by releasing the Nora version first. I don't think many people are too crazy about that color scheme. Don't know if the Nora kit bombed or not but I got the kit and made it with a custom paint job. They should've released DD's version first then released Nora/standard version together. Just my opinion though.

Chris

Well, the VF-0D may have been inevitable in a modellers eye, but I guess it still had to be worth it in Hasegawas eyes. That it is numbered as a regular release seems to indicate that they think it will be a seller and looking at the design I can imagine getting more than the one I initially order.

It would be nice to see a Macross zero weapons accessory set to fill up those bare wings though. In almost 25 years working on aircraft, I have rarely seen any fighter with bare wings for any length of time.

As for the SV-51, it isn't my favourite of the Hasegawa Macross kits, but it certainly is an impressive kit, so any variations are good to me.

As I have said before, I would love some Hasegawa Gerwalk kits, but would they be able to reuse any parts from previous releases? That may be the driving force.

Cheers

Tony

As I have said before, I would love some Hasegawa Gerwalk kits, but would they be able to reuse any parts from previous releases? That may be the driving force.

Cheers

Tony

I think it would be really easy for them to create a Gerwalk kit, many of parts from the fighter version: nose cone, fuselage, intakes. Parts from the Super/strike kit: folded tail fin pack. Parts from the Battroid kit: arms and legs

And then some new parts simply for the attachment of the arms and legs to the fuselage. Seems pretty simple. Of course you could probably kit bash these in short order but that would waste 2 to 3 kits.

Edited by Grayson72

My opinion is that hasegawa hurt their own sales for the SV-51 by releasing the Nora version first. I don't think many people are too crazy about that color scheme. Don't know if the Nora kit bombed or not but I got the kit and made it with a custom paint job. They should've released DD's version first then released Nora/standard version together. Just my opinion though.

Chris

I must be in the minority, but I actually like the color scheme of Nora's SV-51. It's so different from the normal paint jobs we see in Macross.

Graham

here's a pic...

That is just one cool looking plain design. That fact that it transforms in the series is a bonus!

Well, I could be the one in the minority :p I'm not a big fan of pink on Planes :D I remember in some thread a while ago, people were photo-shopping The Sv-51 using different color variations of Nora's scheme. Some of those where pretty darn sweet!!

Chris

Well, I could be the one in the minority :p I'm not a big fan of pink on Planes :D I remember in some thread a while ago, people were photo-shopping The Sv-51 using different color variations of Nora's scheme. Some of those where pretty darn sweet!!

Chris

Like the "Blue Angels" colours? That was awesome

Well, I could be the one in the minority :p  I'm not a big fan of pink on Planes  :D  I remember in some thread a while ago, people were photo-shopping The Sv-51 using different color variations of Nora's scheme. Some of those where pretty darn sweet!!

Chris

Like the "Blue Angels" colours? That was awesome

Yeah, that ws the thread!

Chris

Ok, I'm still learning Macross Zero. I just realized the VF-0B (which I have the kit of) is not what Shin and Edgar have been piloting. That's the VF-0D, so where does the VF-0B come in? I haven't seen past vol.3 yet...

And, what's the planes in vol. 3 that they show taking off the carrier, the wings appear forward swept, definatly not the VF-0A/B/S or D.? :huh: I want a model of that one too!

Ok, I'm still learning Macross Zero. I just realized the VF-0B (which I have the kit of) is not what Shin and Edgar have been piloting. That's the VF-0D, so where does the VF-0B come in? I haven't seen past vol.3 yet...

And, what's the planes in vol. 3 that they show taking off the carrier, the wings appear forward swept, definatly not the VF-0A/B/S or D.? :huh: I want a model of that one too!

The VF-0B has not appeared in any of the OVA so far hopefully we get to see it some time in the future.

The unit with forward swept wings is the Ghostbird aerial drone.

post-3-1095568828_thumb.jpg