NEW Yamato limited edition 1/48 VF-1J

Bariaburu Faita

i'd rather have the credit card.

how about, CLEAR colored Limited Edition VF-1A!

waitaminute, have the outside clear, but paint the insides.

If only they made a clear Valk with credible reproduction of the insides modeled in colored plastic (like one of those x-ray Valk posters)...

I figured they might have been inspired by the all-black F-14's (both an A and a D, at different times, both called Vandy-1), or the all-black Top Gun F-18. (Which is not the SDCC one, they made a totally fake one for that).

Finish used on real all-black planes:

F-14A: matte black.

F-14D: gloss black. Not super gloss, but glossier than "semi-gloss".

F-18B: really glossy black.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Yeah, this thing is a bit of a crappy deal. I got these news last night from an article in the new issue of Quanto magazine.

Apparently you need to have racked up at least Y100,000 on your GE card between July this year and December next year to qualify for entry into the draw.

<_<

Yeah, this thing is a bit of a crappy deal. I got these news last night from an article in the new issue of Quanto magazine.

Apparently you need to have racked up at least Y100,000 on your GE card between July this year and December next year to qualify for entry into the draw.

<_<

for that much money i could proly hire some body to make several custom valks.

forget it guys...leave this one be...it ain't worth it.

you can better customize your own.

plus, the black color on that plastic sucks.

low viz is much better. (uh, anyone has one for sale?)

if they were to make a HOLY GRAIL of all 1/48 valkyries, then full treatment should be given to a complete package ... all die-cast, with complimentary Fast packs...and the GBP armor....and with a heavy duty stand....and specs/schematic...a poster even!...

what do you guys think.

^

I second the notion! B))

BTW. Are these the same credit cards they offered for the 20th Annivesary (that took place two years ago)?

Lemme guess. It's only for people who live IN Japan.....right? :(

See, a black destroid (or even a Q-Rau) would have been nice. But noooo, we get this thing again...

You'd be complaining more if it WAS a destroid or a Q-Rau that was being offered, because you'd never be able to get your hands on such a sought-after item if there were only three in the whole world.

I for one I'm glad it's a bit of a crappy valk that I can do without.

I don't like the black valk but the illustrations on the credit cards are awesome, someone has them in an higer resolution?  :)

Wow, look here! It's a site called "Macross World"!!

MW Wallpapers (Tenjin, etc.)

WOW look here... there aren't those illustrations... <_<

The VF-1J art is a different from the illustration of the Hase box, and the VF-1S is whitout missiles. :)

Bah.

The 'Low Vis. still holds my attention as THE limited edition Valkyrie that happens to look beautiful as well. All black is a nice idea, but hardly worth the commotion especially if only 3 of them are to be produced. Also, the VF-1 does not strike me as a stealth type of vehicle; they should've done an all black '21-FP instead...

Personally, I'd rather see an Angel Birds Valkyrie, or something along those lines...

Gee, I really hope that we aren't being too negative. For some reason I just find this particular Valkyrie about as exciting as the all-clear Psycho-Mantis from the Metal Gear collection...

*Yawn* Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Another theft from AOD... Looks like "Kibitzer" from my novel. :)

I prefer the low viz all the way.

Edited by Skull-1

I don't like the black valk but the illustrations on the credit cards are awesome, someone has them in an higer resolution?  :)

Wow, look here! It's a site called "Macross World"!!

MW Wallpapers (Tenjin, etc.)

WOW look here... there aren't those illustrations... <_<

The VF-1J art is a different from the illustration of the Hase box, and the VF-1S is whitout missiles. :)

Holy crap, you're right.

Oh, well. I've done all I can do.

It would look cooler black and unmarked. Like it was designed to hide the identity of the people who use them. Kind of looks evil.

They could say that these are special-use MIB-type vf1s (like the silent black unmarked helicopters haha) whos identity is kept secret and who nobody knows about. :D They were given special engines which are completely silent and run on technology nobody has been allowed to see before (with only 3 ever made and all destroyed in the zentreadi attack on earth). Yeah thats it. The shadow goverment just does not officially ackowledge thier existence, and these are designed only for specially trained pilots who can penetrate deep into enemy territory without being seen and for assasinations of key anti-un leaders. Equipped with countless prototype superspy gadgets (miniturised version of self repairing biomorphic armor, predator/ghost-in-the-shell-style optic camo/invisibility, Xray to penetrate and see through walls, motion tracking device to sense movements when deep underground, experimental AI system to take control when pilot is unconscious or dead etc)

If only they could fit these into the story. :D Maybe fit one in like the 'jack archer' thing but for macross. jk

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It would look cooler black and unmarked. Like it was designed to hide the identity of the people who use them. Kind of looks evil.

They could say that these are special-use MIB-type vf1s (like the silent black unmarked helicopters haha) whos identity is kept secret and who nobody knows about. :D They were given special engines which are completely silent and run on technology nobody has been allowed to see before (with only 3 ever made and all destroyed in the zentreadi attack on earth). Yeah thats it. The shadow goverment just does not officially ackowledge thier existence, and these are designed only for specially trained pilots who can penetrate deep into enemy territory without being seen and for assasinations of key anti-un leaders. Equipped with countless prototype superspy gadgets (miniturised version of self repairing biomorphic armor, predator/ghost-in-the-shell-style optic camo/invisibility, Xray to penetrate and see through walls, motion tracking device to sense movements when deep underground, experimental AI system to take control when pilot is unconscious or dead etc)

If only they could fit these into the story. :D Maybe fit one in like the 'jack archer' thing but for macross. jk

That's actually sorta like my idea of the "next macross series" comprised of special ops zentraedi and valk pilots to strike deep in enemy ranks. But then, they came up with ROBOTECH: Shadow Force. I swear they took that idea from me. (not like its very original either, now that I think of it. <_< )

skull: hehe, as if! nah none of the above. Just thought it would be a nice theme to mock the new robotech shadow force and jack archer thing. I like that ninja in the avatar merely because he was my fave character in samurai showdown/spirits. Plus I've always liked the idea of an all black mech just merely because it looks cool. (I think I had a custom painted vf1 model that looked like that in the 80s)

Shame that HG stole your idea wolf. Maybe you should get them to put your name on the credits. Although if that series turns out craptastic you probably wouldn't want to be associated with it as to avoid embarrassment.

nupetiet-vergnitzs-maingunopen.jpg

ship1.jpg

pic of a zentreadi ship lifting cloak

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Shame that HG stole your idea wolf. Maybe you should get them to put your name on the credits. Although if that series turns out crap you probably wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Good or not, i don't want my name appearing on anything HG. :lol:

When something good comes out, you guys will talk about how cool IT is. When something comes out bad, you'll blame WolFX and that Yun fellar and whoever else. ;)