1/72 VF-0A Macross Zero

Mechleader

I got my VF-0A kit yesterday. To confirm what has been said, the kit is identical parts wise to the VF-0S apart from the addition of a seperate "B" style head sprue.

The decal sheet as usual is very comprehensive and gives many extras to make your own ship number or make a UN AirForce, UN Marine or UN Navy version. Yes the Bunny looks lame, but they give you some skull and crossbones if you really can't stand it...;)

The kit is molded in a standard Hasegawa medium gray and will make a good display with the S and B in their varying paint schemes. I definitely hope they do a VF-0D to really ring the changes....:)

Cheers

Tony

You know, I love the A Varients for the VF-0 very nice but...I don't like Hobbylink....I think they're a fine group all in all but their shipping is crap....I'll never forget how it took 2 and a half months to get my model and it was partial broken and had no wraping or package protection like peanuts or anything......talk about lousey.

Twin Moons has never carried Hasegawa, Tam's only got pretty much ARII's and a few Bandai kits, I've yanked at him to start carrying Hasegawa but he wont :p

I have never tried Valk exchange, never really had a purpose too but I'll probably think on it.....but also I've had alot of problems trying to build Hasegawa Macross kits....I think its cause I really don't know what I'm doing. Out of the two I've ever owned, I've dinked 'em both up beyond repair....not too mention I REALLY wanna make it look nice...and wanna give Panel linning a try without using a pen or pencil....maybe like oil based or charcel....or even spray painting it black and than white over that......I really don't know.....really I only know how to customize Gundam kits to my specifications and use a Gundam pen....but that's to thick to use on a 1/72....

Maybe because what he says sounds nothing like HLJ. I get stuff from them to here in the Middle East and it takes 4-5 days flat from Tokyo to here.

Yes, that is EMS, which costs more, but it is worth it.

Plus their packaging ensures I hardly ever have any damage due to how well they pack the items and how sturdy their boxes are. Believe me, the postal system here will find any chinks in a parcels armour, evidenced graphically by my crushed FLAT VF-1 Low Viz kit from a seller in Hong Kong.

So to me at least, that doesn't sound at all like HLJ.

Cheers

Tony

There's a BIG difference from shipping from Japan to the Middle East, and Japan to America, I'd say a good couple hundred thousand miles *shrug*

But when I last got a package from them, a YEAR ago, the box wasn't bad, but opening the box there was ZERO, NONE, ZIP for package support to keep the model in excellent shape. And I had a broken piece, but wouldn't have known that if I hadn't open up the box....so thus I got screwed I think. Yet my friend ordered from them and though it took him just as long to get the box, his package came fine. Probably I just got a defect.....probably.

But I did glance over at Valk Exchange : / and well......I'm not gonna spend 30 bucks alone on a Hasegawa kit when everyone else is about 10 bucks cheaper like Gundamshop or HLJ itself....It makes me curious about the shipping price....no offense since I know the guy from Valk Exchange is a reg here in MW....but it almost made me think "Wow I should have just got it for 60 bucks at the convention last week"

: :( I'll just hold out and hope the hobby store near work will carry it since I mentioned they haven't carried Macross in 7 years.

Umm, no, you are pretty wrong there. The distance between here and Tokyo is somewhere between 5, 500 and 6000. The distance between Tokyo and LA is 5,500 and New York is 6,700, so it is pretty much the same either way.

Plus the mail system here is way harder on a package than the US Postal ever can be, yet I seldom have damage. That and the fact that the only way your package would have taken 2 and a half months would have been if it was sent surface mail says to me that your info is at best out of date as I don't think HLJ even offer surface shipping now.

One broken part? Pretty good odds especially if you want to build the kit anyway.

I am have been shipping stuff from all over the world to here in the Middle East for six years now and I have seldom had as much confidence in a company as I do in HLJ.

Still, personal choice, sorry you had a bad experience..

Cheers

Tony

Twin Moons has never carried Hasegawa, Tam's only got pretty much ARII's and a few Bandai kits, I've yanked at him to start carrying Hasegawa but he wont :p

I have never tried Valk exchange, never really had a purpose too but I'll probably think on it.....but also I've had alot of problems trying to build Hasegawa Macross kits....I think its cause I really don't know what I'm doing. Out of the two I've ever owned, I've dinked 'em both up beyond repair....not too mention I REALLY wanna make it look nice...and wanna give Panel linning a try without using a pen or pencil....maybe like oil based or charcel....or even spray painting it black and than white over that......I really don't know.....really I only know how to customize Gundam kits to my specifications and use a Gundam pen....but that's to thick to use on a 1/72....

hasegawa macross kits are certainly more difficult to build than gundam. The fit and construction are just not as good. It's hard doing the panel lines with a pen even if you want to because they're just too fine for even 0.05 pen tips to fit. I'd suggest doing oil on your gundams first. The hasegawas are definitely the most beautiful macross kits out there though, resins/vinyls non-withstanding.

anytime you use a postal system in any countryits a crapshoot. i had built an AAv7 (its a marine corps apc) for my brother. it had a full interior and applique armor all scratch built with a crew and a tow missile team hummer. mailed it to hawaii after packing it really well. i got it back from him a month later and basically the postal system had delivered it to him back in its kit form. i was p!@@#d off like you would not believe. when i got the box back it looked like someone had played soccer with it. this was the US postal system by the way there were footprints on the box and 2 punctures. all in all if you mail something worth alot to you or have something mailed to you make sure you have insurance taken out. that way if something gets ruined you get your moneys worth out of the system that messed it up. but anytime you mail something its a risk so you can expect the occasional brain fart from some inept employee(not that all postal workers are inept) and packages will get damaged. i have to agree wth the time and package quality of HLJ though it takes a long time and sometimes the package could have been done better. the item was ok but the boxes for the item were in sorry shape.

You know, I love the A Varients for the VF-0 very nice but...I don't like Hobbylink....I think they're a fine group all in all but their shipping is crap....I'll never forget how it took 2 and a half months to get my model and it was partial broken and had no wraping or package protection like peanuts or anything......talk about lousey.

HLJ is ok to me, in fact their service is very good IMHO, and always get my kits within 8-10 days. I think only becoz I live in Shanghai, China, very close to Japan than you.

I've done business with Greatmodels.com from USA twice, it took me 80 and 45 days to get the packages. In 80 days, someone could go around world right? The world is still very big if we choose Surface/SAL.

Try your local vanders or webshops. Happy Macrossing :p

Edited by newca

Me too. Doing a custom 1A with the bunny and then the Low-Vis Skull on the VF-0B. Just Finished my VF-0S and finally that custom SV-51 I was working on a few months ago...I know you where one of the people who appreciated that one! :)

Chris

Dobber,

I was glad when I saw you start to post again.

Yes, I love what you did with your SV-51, and I've wanted to have one just like yours ever since. ;)

Do you plan to post any updated pictures in your previous thread?

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I'll probably just start a new thread and post some pics of the Roy 0S with it, I'm really happy with that one as well. It'll take a few days before I get around to it though due to work. ;)

Chris