WONDERFEST 2004 thread!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Ouch. If that Garland takes a direct hit to the chest, the pilot's looking at having both of his legs busted.. at the very least. I'll leave the rest of you to consider the other possibilities. :ph34r:

Edited by Drad

do you think the headlasers could've bent out because of the stress from the sculpt? i mean the lights the model were under could've been heated up the proto enough to bend the lasers...oh well, i guess that's what modding is for :rolleyes:

do you think the headlasers could've bent out because of the stress from the sculpt? i mean the lights the model were under could've been heated up the proto enough to bend the lasers...oh well, i guess that's what modding is for :rolleyes:

Sorry but both head lasers were sticking out and easily visible from a front top view.

ugh. that's so obviously ugly... what are they thinking?

the vf-0 looks like someone stuck bri's head on from appleseed.

service report

cc:yamato higher-up

to:design management

HEY boys!! load up on the sake and lets hit the night scene!!! MAcross fans bought detachable crap before ANYWAYS so lets make the PVC SWAP transformable VF-0!!

subject:RE service report

to:yamato higher up

Uh boss, looks like they are complaining! Hell someone from macrossworld even TRANSLATED our own target market's comments in japanese! MAdcross fans all over now and one of our market even says the toy :"is teh suk"!!!

Subject:re AGAIN

to: design management

Hold the sake boys!! we gotta revise this sucka! nio no no wait, while we're at it lets take artistic license and make the head lasers...ANGLED! God forbid the VF-0A's head laser is angeled but make the VF-0S more COOLllooking!! oh man so dynamic!! oh well too late now that sake's dripping....screw iut!!!!! SAKE DESU!! HEDU SHIKURUPUTU WA SAKU DESU NE!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little clearing up for the non-Megazone23 fans. (Without giving away plot points or spoilers) There was a "lightsaber" style weapon used by B.D. against the Garland in the first movie, but that was the first and the last you ever see of it. I assume that the original (coming out of the early 80's) had lightsabers and beam sabers squarely in the "cool" center of the brain. By the time Part II came out, all of this was dropped, and it wasn't until Part three until there were melee weapons (Eiji's knives) again.

ugh. that's so obviously ugly... what are they thinking?

the vf-0 looks like someone stuck bri's head on from appleseed.

service report

cc:yamato higher-up

to:design management

HEY boys!! load up on the sake and lets hit the night scene!!! MAcross fans bought detachable crap before ANYWAYS so lets make the PVC SWAP transformable VF-0!!

subject:RE service report

to:yamato higher up

Uh boss, looks like they are complaining! Hell someone from macrossworld even TRANSLATED our own target market's comments in japanese! MAdcross fans all over now and one of our market even says the toy :"is teh suk"!!!

Subject:re AGAIN

to: design management

Hold the sake boys!! we gotta revise this sucka! nio no no wait, while we're at it lets take artistic license and make the head lasers...ANGLED! God forbid the VF-0A's head laser is angeled but make the VF-0S more COOLllooking!! oh man so dynamic!! oh well too late now that sake's dripping....screw iut!!!!! SAKE DESU!! HEDU SHIKURUPUTU WA SAKU DESU NE!!!!!!!!!!

:blink::unsure: I don't get it... :unsure::(

I`ve got a crazy idea; "Realtime Wonderfest Status Report and Purchasing"

Durring this last wonderfest I called Rob alot to tell him what was out and get buy/nobuy advice.

I could do this again next wonderfest if there is someone who will be in Japan but not going to wonderfest. I could call over reports and have someone post here and relay back orders.

I could even take pics(really bad ones, unless the 2megapixel cellphones get lower in price) and have them posted durring wonderfest.

Everyone would have to be awake from 10am to 5pm Japan time.

I`ve got a crazy idea; "Realtime Wonderfest Status Report and Purchasing"

Durring this last wonderfest I called Rob alot to tell him what was out and get buy/nobuy advice.

I could do this again next wonderfest if there is someone who will be in Japan but not going to wonderfest. I could call over reports and have someone post here and relay back orders.

I could even take pics(really bad ones, unless the 2megapixel cellphones get lower in price) and have them posted durring wonderfest.

Everyone would have to be awake from 10am to 5pm Japan time.

Hmm. Therein lies the problem.

When's the next one, anyway?

Oh, yeah. About that 1/48 GBP -- I'm really pleased this has been announced, even if it's not official yet. That means I can leave the 1/60 version forever on the shelf.

Edited by Renato

I have that lineart that shows the guy inside. Also there's a wooden mock up of the Garland. So they had it thought out since back then... Transformation should be feasable.

Yamato has this wooden mockup of the Garland?? So like you said, they got that all figured out?

I have that lineart that shows the guy inside.  Also there's a wooden mock up of the Garland.  So they had it thought out since back then... Transformation should be feasable.

Yamato has this wooden mockup of the Garland?? So like you said, they got that all figured out?

no... the people that made the cartoon had wooden mock ups to make sure the transformation would work. 20 years ago...

no... the people that made the cartoon had wooden mock ups to make sure the transformation would work. 20 years ago...

If it was Yamato that had the mock ups and you got pictures of it, we surely would have lynched you if you didn't show some pictures :lol::lol::lol:

I almost forgot, thanks for the pics Noel!!! Any more??

As usual, the König Monster is looking magnificent. Now that I saw the revised VF-0, especially the head lasers, I think I'm gonna hold out on that one. I see EXO. Do you think Yamato can figure out the transformation without the wooden mock up?

edit: forgot to put the word out

Edited by Angel's Fury

I have that lineart that shows the guy inside.  Also there's a wooden mock up of the Garland.  So they had it thought out since back then... Transformation should be feasable.

I think he means there was a wooden mock-up in an art book, likely used back when the animation was in production.

I think he means there was a wooden mock-up in an art book, likely used back when the animation was in production.

Okay. So in your opinion, can Yamato pull it off with the Garland?

edit: it's pull it not pullit

Edited by Angel's Fury

I think they already did... there's the pics to prove it... :huh:

Any more pics Noel???

Edited by >EXO<

I think they already did... there's the pics to prove it... :huh:

Any more pics Noel???

Oops! My bad! Still sleepy I guess.

Yes! Any more pics Noel??

Well, we haven't seen the Garland transformed yet, have we? But even if they don't have the mockup, the fact that one was used originally is a good indication that the transformation doesn't use much "anime magic". So making it work in physical form again should be within Yamato's powers.

Edited by ewilen

yamato can do iut. HEll the 1/48 im sure wasnt easy at ALL to design and right now its the best transformation ever devised for a VF-1 TOY(not model yea yea ive seen IHP's hase conversion kit and yea its more canon whatever)

so garland? As maverick once said "walk in the park kazansky"

BTW i think noel is composing a big ass report as usual per year. Cant wait to see it noel!

Noel,

Thanks a lot man, those are some fantastic pictures of the garland, loads of detail can be seen. I can't thank you enough, this came out of nowhere and is allready riding very high at the top of my list. :D

It's on display at two booths because, Yamato is manufacturing it but the deisgn and scuplting has been done by a guy at an independant anime studio. I think they're called Atlirie Sai (something like that).

The same situation is affecting the BGC figures, Yamato is making small semi poseable story image figures for 680yen a pop, AS wants to make the 6" way more poseable figures but haven't forund a manufcaturer/distributor yet.

The guy who developed the Garland also wants to make a Motoslave for the larger BGC figures.

Fort Max