Recast SDF-1 Mini planes

Solscud007

Who wants the recast?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants the recast?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah this post was directed to only people who have 1/3000 SDF-1s. i was thinking of recasting the launcher parts but i didnt want to press my luck and ask CID to take apart his Takatoku SDF-1 so we call all have launching arms.

Yeah this post was directed to only people who have 1/3000 SDF-1s. i was thinking of recasting the launcher parts but i didnt want to press my luck and ask CID to take apart his Takatoku SDF-1 so we call all have launching arms.

Who needs launching arms for those little buggers? You'll get the exact same effect by using your fingers to flick the tiny valks off the carrier ships with your eyes blind folded; they'll be sent hurling through the air just as fast and get lost somewhere behind your couch either way. As fun as this gimmick seems, I find it useless because it flicks it off so fast you can't even see it in flight, let alone where it happens to land and bounce out of sight, especially the missiles. If you fire them, you might as well kiss them goodbye.

And actually, the Bandai/Matchbox SDF looks BETTER without those huge ugly launching mechanisms sticking out of the Carrier Ships, IMO. though I have to admit, I own the Taka instead of the Bandai BECAUSE having the little valks and the launchers make it "cooler" to me than the Bandai (plus I LOVE the Taka Box, and the fact that it is the original NON-RT version). But if you already have a Bandai, and not a real Taka, it's better the way it is than to try to mod it into a launchable Taka.

Buy the little valks though, if you want, and use them to sit on deck the Prometheus and Daedalus (I usually use the Lancer and the Ghost on the Daedalus). Out of scale though, but still fun. Oh yeah, and you can also store them in an open rear hanger behind the Bridge tower.

minvalks.jpg

oooo, I just realize this may be the only rendition of the Lancer and Ghost as TOYS (if they count as toys). Nick, Rhobby, if you're gonna cast the VF-1's, maybe you can sculpt some legs onto them first and make 'em look right. That'd be REALLY cool.

BTW, I've never been able to figure this out: what mech is that plane with only one vertical stablizer suppossed to be? Anyone know?

Edited by redemption

No SDF-1 - No recast! Sorry.

Of course if you get me a SDF-1 first and then the recast - I'll get 2!! :D;)

Last time I saw the Takatoku one on ebay it was for 225$! <_<

I got out at 110$! :angry:

I am actually thinking of buying the small non transformable version. Think that's OK? :unsure:

Only the Taka one has the launchers, and anyone would be crazy to use them on such an old toy... Besides they were way out of scale and stupid looking... Hence when the RT version came out they were axed.

My guess is that the odd one out is the LVT Avenger II:

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_...r_ii/index.html

The cockpit isn't right, and while the Avenger II has a T tail, the plastic one has a normal tail. Compare...

post-25-1093645287.jpgpost-25-1093645134.jpgpost-25-1093645864.jpg

The little plastic guy isn't quite an Intruder either (pointier nose, and engines more on the sides) but it's closer. It's almost a cross with a Skyhawk:post-25-1093645885.jpg

(Sorry about the repeated edits; I'm trying to compress the pics to keep the size down.)

Edited by ewilen

Only the Taka one has the launchers, and anyone would be crazy to use them on such an old toy... Besides they were way out of scale and stupid looking... Hence when the RT version came out they were axed.

They were axed because they didn't allow toys that ejected plastic projectiles. None of the Americanized 80's takatoku/Gakken molds had them. The missilles for the GU-11 (Jetfire), Stick's arm missilles, the Leggios gun and the Macross' planes were are taken out or disabled.

I thought they were removed because, in the anime, I don't ever recall the Macross simply hurling valkyries off its flight deck and smashing them into oncoming enemy vessels. :lol:

H

Could you recast the VF-1J shown here? I`d be willing to loan you mine provided I could get a couple.

ooo, that'd be neato. I was never an expert at casting, but I think it might be a little hard for someone to cast that VF-1J in one piece, especially with the slanted stablizers--as one piece anyway. That's why the taka 1/3000 valks have no legs and feature parallel tailfins, for ease of casting and moulding.

While we're on the subject, would any of the little valks from the Valhalla kit work any better for our 1/3000 SDF?

Could you recast the VF-1J shown here? I`d be willing to loan you mine provided I could get a couple.

ooo, that'd be neato. I was never an expert at casting, but I think it might be a little hard for someone to cast that VF-1J in one piece, especially with the slanted stablizers--as one piece anyway. That's why the taka 1/3000 valks have no legs and feature parallel tailfins, for ease of casting and moulding.

While we're on the subject, would any of the little valks from the Valhalla kit work any better for our 1/3000 SDF?

I`ll send my banpresto VF-1J to >EXO< to foward it.

And I`d love to have a Squadron of mini valks from the Valhala kit as well.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita