The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

That's not quite true cause they detonated the bomb in real space, so it didn't matter how long they took to activate the bomb unlike the luxion mission which happened in subspace.

Its travelling back from the center of the universe to earth without warp that caused time to pass so fast for them. I don't remember how much time has passed for both Noriko and Amano while they were floating in space though but couldn't be more than a few days for them to be still alive. If this is the case, they must've been travelling SUPER DUPER FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT from the center of the universe to earth. And even so, they had to decelerate for them to not fly past earth, so is this even possible with the Gunbuster as a wreck? Or maybe they did warp.....i dunno. Maybe someone can clear this up.

423172[/snapback]

My understanding of it was that they did still have the ability to warp. They still had one collapsing generator onboard Buster Machine 2 after removing and using the collapsing generator from BM1 to trigger the Black Hole Bomb. Wolf, I think you're right that at time of detonation, they were probably not moving at any notably high rate of speed (relatively speaking).

My take on it was that, having detonated the BHB, they were caught within the Schwarzschild radius of the blossoming black hole prior to warp, which caused the 12,000 odd year delay in their return. It is theorized that some very odd time contraction effects occur on the borders of black holes. Their actual journey home probably took not much longer than the rest of the fleet's.

That's my guess anyway :ph34r:

so, the gunbuster that is coming out at the end of september is made by what company? kyatsu  :ph34r:

ps

thanks for replying to my question. i really appreciate it

No problem, as for the one out at the end of September, that is the original release date for Bandai's Gunbuster but that has now been delayed untill Nov.

The Bandai one is the one you want, it's big (around 10-12"tall) and it'll be an actual toy you can fiddle with.

As if the SOC Gunbuster wasn't enough, another company is bringing out this figure of Nono in her BM-7 guise at 10'000yen, thanks to Runaphen on toyboxdx.com for posting this first,

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49844

I don't know who's making it but it's really nice.

edit: No sign of her goggles though, seems weird that they'd leave those out.

Edited by Fort Max

I think its the same dude who did the asuka/rei figures but this one is bigger as compared to the yotsubato figure.

And lower right, is the protoype for the PVC version by Bome, released by Kaiyodo. Definately more affordable than this one,

For a toy it's not too bad, but for 10,000 yen I want those guns to actually come out of her legs and the joint connections to be less obvious.

I've seen 3 Nono BM-7 statuettes so far and it looks like the BOME version simply nails her design. I hope that BOME makes a couple more GB2 models.

Hi Guys

I just got the Studio Halfeye Gunbuster. As big as a fan I am of Gunbuster, this "toy" is not worth the $500+ i paid for it :(

zeo-mare, I know you love the SHE models and I read your comments on them, but this was not what I expected...I just gave up my chance of getting a PS3 ^_^;;

post-405-1155369406_thumb.jpg

Does it come with the Exillion base? Can't really tell what i'm lookin at from those pics though...very blur. >_<

But the front box seems to show gunbuster crossed arms pretty well.

I still haven't got mine, as HLJ is having problems getting authorization on my credit card. Maybe I ought to cancel the order... However, I knew what the size dimensions were going to be for the kit, and I did post them here somewhere in this thread, so I'm not going to be all that shocked.

And Gunbuster, consider yourself lucky. You have a piece of memoribilia that is rare, and will probably go up in value. If not, some old school fan out there who does not have one may buy it off of you on eBay.

Awesome pics Gunbuster!! Thanks for sharing ... and wow, that thing is pretty small. Thanks for putting the 1/100 Toynami valk for scale.

I have to ask with wolfx - when are you gonna transform it? Can we see more pics?

:)

Oh wow...that IS tiny. >_<

Not transforming it?

424551[/snapback]

About transforming it… I am too afraid to do it now.. It feels really fragile! And with the price I paid for it, I would really cry if a piece broke ^_^;;

Noriko, you’re right it’s a major piece for a Gunbuster fan, half of me is very happy with it, but the other half (my wallet) is in great pain ^_^;; I knew it was small, I saw the dimensions you posted awhile ago, but never imagine it that small ^_^;; Because of its small size, made of resin, and complex transformation (which I really want to try), it is very fragile. Please let me know if you feel the same once you get yours.

I’m one of those guys that actually play with toys when I buy them (i.e. transform and posing them), so I just don’t like buying stuff that I can’t “play†with. This will probably go into storage until I find the guts to transform it.

But as Zeo-Mare have stated, this isn’t a “toyâ€. So those who want something only a hardcore fan would ever want, then get this, but those who want a toy, wait for the SOC version.

I still haven't got mine, as HLJ is having problems getting authorization on my credit card. Maybe I ought to cancel the order... However, I knew what the size dimensions were going to be for the kit, and I did post them here somewhere in this thread, so I'm not going to be all that shocked.

And Gunbuster, consider yourself lucky. You have a piece of memoribilia that is rare, and will probably go up in value. If not, some old school fan out there who does not have one may buy it off of you on eBay.

424556[/snapback]

Heh, just like my VF-11B. Where is that thing again.

Yeah, I just can't personally see that price though, when I see $500, I see an Xbox 360 or something along those lines. Either that or a new sound system - or a nice downpayment to a new LCD TV. But that's just me ;p

498.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting that statue of Noriko though for like $70. She does look super cute in that. And I don't have to worry about touching it too much - maybe a few "bumps" on the bottom, just for kicks.

You can get that PVC at Franks and son for around $35

Heh, just like my VF-11B.  Where is that thing again. 

Yeah, I just can't personally see that price though, when I see $500, I see an Xbox 360 or something along those lines.  Either that or a new sound system - or a nice downpayment to a new LCD TV.  But that's just me ;p

498.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting that statue of Noriko though for like $70.  She does look super cute in that.  And I don't have to worry about touching it too much - maybe a few "bumps" on the bottom, just for kicks.

424678[/snapback]

Don't quote pictures, Gunbuster.

You can get that PVC at Franks and son for around $35
Heh, just like my VF-11B.  Where is that thing again. 

Yeah, I just can't personally see that price though, when I see $500, I see an Xbox 360 or something along those lines.  Either that or a new sound system - or a nice downpayment to a new LCD TV.  But that's just me ;p

I wouldn't mind getting that statue of Noriko though for like $70.  She does look super cute in that.  And I don't have to worry about touching it too much - maybe a few "bumps" on the bottom, just for kicks.

424678[/snapback]

424748[/snapback]

Edited by areaseven

Just from what I have gathered from this episode is that my feelings were right all along... I do not like it. However, I will wait for the fansub, but I do not think it will change my mind.

Spoiler (Highlight to read):

From what I have seen, the only thing tying this series to the original one is Larc's wearing of one of the original Top! outfits and the appearance of the original Gunbuster re-entering Earth-time in the year 14,292 which seems to be the time period DieBuster takes place.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

I can't say whether I truly like it or not, since I haven't watched an episode past number 3, and only parts of 6. What it comes down to, I think, is that we all want it to be Gunbuster, and its not. It also seems like they have gone back to the same well too many times here.

And, in the end, no money shot. They left us in the same place they did the first time around.

Part sequel, part re-imaging, part homage piece, I just don't think this one has the character or charm of the original. That's not to say its bad, I just think they missed the boat.

Be very careful on transforming it. There have been reports that certain pieces are very fragile and break very easily.

424665[/snapback]

Probably want to avoid a "Garland fiasco", especially at the $500 price point ....

:lol:

Just finshed watching ep 6. and all i have to say is what a waste of friggin time. but in the end, it didnt rape my childhood that badly. the whole last ep felt kind of pointless, cept for the very end, which leaves us back at square 1 more or less.

From what I saw, it ties up the whole story and definitively shows the tie in to the first Top O Nerae.

I got shivers from watching the last 5 minutes of the show. You'll see what I mean when you see it.

After watching the whole series, I do think that it definitely does NOT beat the original in any way. But it can still be enjoyed on its own merit.

It would be hard to top the original, as it was a revolution in itself. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the new OVA, and hopefully Honeamise will set up a release not long after the first OVA.

Just finshed watching ep 6.  and all i have to say is what a waste of friggin time. but in the end, it didnt rape my childhood that badly. the whole last ep felt kind of pointless, cept for the very end, which leaves us back at square 1 more or less.

424938[/snapback]

So basically what yer saying is that they pulled an NGE on you or they didn't tie-up all of the ducks in a row so you could have a sense of completeness.

*goes back to waiting for his download*