Who the hell are you?

EXO

I was "Phil A" on the old board because "Phil" was taken. With apologies to the former Phil, I got to this board first :).

Don't have my flash Scopedog Avatar - resorting to one of my old model picture icons in the meantime.

Edited by Phil

Lessee... my mom named me Blaine - so I'm stuck with that.

My lucky number is 23 and I tattooed it on my leg after a long night of drinking - so I'm stuck with that.

Really I have no other options. :p

BTW - Good to see everybody back, particularly the long-missing Yoshi. This new board is way groovy.

I was "Phil A" on the old board because "Phil" was taken. With apologies to the former Phil, I got to this board first :).

Don't have my flash Scopedog Avatar - resorting to one of my old model picture icons in the meantime.

Phil isnt coming back. Neither is former mode Pete. Those guys got burnt out a long time ago. :lol:

I didn't think anyone would want this name so i figured why not! :ph34r:

I was formally Glaug!

Woo Hoo! I said it... I'm finally out of the closet!

*takes off running down the street naked waving a rainbow wand*

NO IMAGES IN SIGS!

I didn't think anyone would want this name so i figured why not!  :ph34r:

I was formally Glaug!

NO IMAGES IN SIGS!

OK.... THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW! :ph34r:

:p

Edited by Backstabber

Same story , i use to be vf-19G-geko custom ( can you recognise my avatar? ), i never liked that nick becuase it was unpractial and stupidly unoriginal, I had to use that name becuase Aegis was already taken so here I´m with my first intended name... :huh::lol:

BTW , the new boards rock!

Edited by Aegis!

Same story , i use to be vf-19G-geko custom ( can you recognise my avatar? ), i never liked that nick becuase it was unpractial and stupidly unoriginal, I had to use that name becuase Aegis was already taken so here I´m with my first intended name... :huh::lol:

BTW , the new boards rock!

The avatar is a dead give a way. :lol:

Abombz!! Posted on Aug 24 2003, 12:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Agent ONE @ Aug 24 2003, 05:51 PM)

QUOTE (Kamui 777 @ Aug 23 2003, 09:18 PM)

Was Predakwon..... 

Good to see you man!

What is your avatar? 

Thats Orochi Lori from the King of Fighters game.

Agent One, thanks. I didn't think anyone even knew me here. I'm glad to see you're here as well.

Abombz thanks for answering. I'm still trying to figure out some stuff here and can't reply back to everything.....

I didn't think anyone would want this name so i figured why not!  :ph34r:

I was formally Glaug!

NO IMAGES IN SIGS!

OK.... THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW! :ph34r:

:p

LOL, thanks man. I hope I didn't come accross as rude but I was viewing your post on a PDA... It took up the whole screen.

Hah, AgentOne, so you know the pain! I often visit MW on my Sidekick. What kind of PDA you visiting the site on?

a Sidekick also! :lol:

I got it last week, I can't believe someone acutally implemented a thin client syncro strategy. I was working with Sun Microsystems to test a hard wire based device 5 years ago when I was still in undergrad. The guys at Danger, from a technology standpoint, have really done something awesome.

Hah, AgentOne, so you know the pain! I often visit MW on my Sidekick. What kind of PDA you visiting the site on?

a Sidekick also! :lol:

I got it last week, I can't believe someone acutally implemented a thin client syncro strategy. I was working with Sun Microsystems to test a hard wire based device 5 years ago when I was still in undergrad. The guys at Danger, from a technology standpoint, have really done something awesome.

Just as an afterthought are you on the hiptop.com forums? There is some cool stuff over there.

Late to the show as always...

Mine is still GDomino..'G' is my first-name initial --and the Domino part isn't really my last name but pretty close. My sur-name is Filipino and one of my drill-instructors from my boot-camp days couldn't say it, so he simply called me DOMINO. The name stuck and I use it at almost all the forums I visit.

Can some of you guys explain the roots of your nicks because I think some are very weird and interesting and some, I wish I thought of. Yeah, some are pretty obvious...

Hey mods, wut about pinning this thread. Its a good thread for future noobies to introduce themselves and to know more about the members here.

hehehe , i used to be TallGeese untill i left that pathetic AC story and got myself jacked on some UC gundam :p , i got so tired of my old nick so i though i should get a new one :p

//Dan..

Can some of you guys explain the roots of your nicks because I think some are very weird and interesting and some, I wish I thought of. Yeah, some are pretty obvious...

Mine's obvious.

It's not? Okay, well...

One of my first internet nicknames was Vertigo 7, back when I played Descent almost every waking hour. I went by some other notable names, Dire Wolf, KGB-FSK, KGB, SVDragunov... I got into a game called Subspace and that spawned a few names, '69 Scout, A View to a Kill (Savage Dragon squadron represent!), and a few others.

I also went by a couple names on Active Worlds (A 3D chat program). Foo Fighter, Kahn Foo Fighter and Ian Nottingham most notably.

Finally, it was time to settle on one name and one name only. Delving deeply into Russian culture as I have always enjoyed, I becamed enamored with the Russian aerospace programs of the 60s and 70s, as many of you well know. My favorite subject happend upon the Vostok series of capsules. The Vostok capsules (Vostok translates to East in Russian, the direction the capsules were launched) were the first vehicles to take humans into space. Yuri Gagarin rode Vostok 1 into orbit. Vostok 6 was piloted by the first female in space, Valentina Tereshkova. Vostok 5 and Vostok 6 had the first space flyby, as well as the first space "family" (Vostok 5 was piloted by Valentina Terehskova's soon to be husband). And, since Vostok both sounds cool, and my favorite number is 7, I became Vostok 7.

There's another side to this. Around this time I fell in love with Russian watches. Cheap, self winding and virtually indestructable, I stumbled across what I feel to date are the best watches I've owned. The company name? Vostok.

So that's the history of my nickname. I'm sticking with Vostok 7 now for as long as possible.

Hey mods, wut about pinning this thread. Its a good thread for future noobies to introduce themselves and to know more about the members here.

Agreed!

Vostok 7

:lol:

"You learn something new everyday". I actually thought that you pulled yours from a Soviet fighter, Vostok. Dagnamit, too much exposure from the Ace Combat VG series and not enough Discovery Wings to actually know that... :p

EDIT: Took out quote from Vostok's long description of his nick. :p

Edited by GDomino