fellow "Iron Eagle" fans...

Ok, so we all know Iron Eagle, as an aviation movie, was pretty second rate (I enjoyed it though), but it yields a pretty impressive soundtrack for 80's music lovers.

I am trying to track down the titles of the two elusive tunes that were in the movie but not the soundtrack.

1st tune is while Doug is flying the snake against Notcher

2nd tune is while Doug and Chappy were going up for their practice run ("Better get off the ground soon Colonel before this one gets canceled... the computer's been acting kind of strange today!")

I have tried for the life of me to identify these tunes... I'm fairly certain the first tune is sung by Tina Turner (it just sounds like her), and the second tune sounds as if it were done by "Mr. Big", but I just can't find them...

anyone else out there have any ideas? As an 80s music fan I love both of those tunes, and I'd love to get versions of them away from the movie. Thanks!

Have you tried finding samples? Amazon.com has some you can try.

-Edit- Stupid me - you said they weren't on the soundtrack. Kaaza search is my best guess.

-2nd Edit- Okay, check the second review on the site I listed. It has the extra 7 tracks listed.

Edited by Wes

Not sure about the music, but that was a fun movie. Better than the likes of Top Gun, though that ain't difficult.

I always had problems with the race in the beginning. Who would "race" with flaps deployed like barn doors? But that can be forgiven. Especially with Lou Gossett Jr playing the part of Ben Kenobi.

one I think is called "chasing the angels" while the other when the lil kiddies are running amuck stealing all the secret maps and crap is "we're not gonna take it" by twisted sister...i think. Sorry those might not be the ones u are looking for but they seemed popular enough. HE does play "chasing the angels" a whole bunch thoygh.

"Chasing the Angels" is from Iron Eagle II, I LOVE that song and I was so happy the day I found it.

I managed to get the Eric Martin tune... but everyone else on that board is right...the Rainey Haynes tune is nowhere to be found! LOL, I guess I was right in a way... Mr. Big DID sing "Eyes of the World", just... before he became Mr. Big... lol

Edited by Skull Leader

Not sure about the music, but that was a fun movie. Better than the likes of Top Gun, though that ain't difficult.

I always had problems with the race in the beginning. Who would "race" with flaps deployed like barn doors? But that can be forgiven. Especially with Lou Gossett Jr playing the part of Ben Kenobi.

you DO realize that he was remaining pretty low to the ground right? Flaps are always a good idea at that point

Iron Eagle is awesome in its sheer 80's-ness.

I don't recall any music specifically, other than hearing alot of Queen. Which is the hallmark of any great film, their song "One Vision" is in the movie. Flash Gordon, Highlander, Iron Eagle.... nothing but hits for Queen at the cinema!

This is the soundtrack listing from the IMDB.

"Iron Eagle(Never Say Die)"

By King Kobra

Courtesy of Capitol Records, Inc.

"These are the Good Times"

By Eric Martin

"Maniac House"

By Katrina & the Waves

"Intense"

By George Clinton

"Hide in the Rainbow"

By Dio

Courtesy of Tri-Star Pictures, Inc.

"It's Too Late"

By Helix

"Road of the Gypsy"

By Adrenalin

Courtesy of Tri-Star Pictures, Inc.

"Love Can Make You Cry"

By Urgent

Courtesy of Manhattan Records

"This Raging Fire"

By The Jon Butcher Axis

"One Vision"

Written by Queen

Performed by Queen

"Gimme Some Lovin"

Written and Performed by the Spencer Davis Group

"We're Not Gonna Take It"

by Twisted Sister

"Old Enough To Rock And Roll"

Written and Performed by Rainey Hanes

Any movie that features the musical magic of Ronnie James Dio is fine by me. Even if he must hand his cape and scepter over to the D.

Hey Blaine,

that soundtrack listing leaves a lot out. That *IS* the officially released sountrack, but there were a number of tunes (not to mention a kickass score) that never saw official release.

Blackaces,

you were close! He fires a Maverick while on the ground

("DAAAAAAD! Will the maverick fire if we're still on the ground!?!??!" "I don't know, I've never tried... why?" "Because something big's about to eat us for breakfast....")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the Israeli Air Force's finest moments on camera though.... the USAF wasn't too keen on a script where a kid dupes the entire USAF security system, so Tri-Star went to the IAF for their flight scenes (which were used by a successive number of B movies on down the line, like "Flight of Black Angel")

I thought it retarded that they killed "Doug" off at the beginning of the second film, only to bring him back in the (not even really)B Move 4th installment of the Iron Eagle series.

Edited by Skull Leader

heh YEA that was pretty stupid....as well as "its a mig 29 oh shi*!" heh but its an F-4. I forgot that was doug who died in part 2.

Part 4...eh...trainer planes? The only good part is when doug blows stuff up at the end but....hes all warped and holding grudges and crap.

Whata crappuy reunion. Iron eagle III was good though.