Christian Bale is the new Batman!

UN Spacy

I can't even tell you how much I hated american psycho, this man is NO batman!

How could you hate that!? IMO American Psycho is one of the best movies in the last 10 years!

Mods: sorry, I lost this thread for a few days. Lock if ya think its old.

Wasn't it promised before that they acknowledged the screw-ups of the past two films, and they would go back to batman's gothic root for the next movie? I could have sworn I read that a while back. They just needed a proper script and cast. Hopefully they get it right. Batman and Robin pretty much sunk it in for Hollywood that you can't make comic adaptions so campy and stupid and expect to turn a profit. X-men, Daredevil, even the Hulk to a degree did their properties at least some justice. Batman and Robin was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and it would really be wise for them to get the next one right, if they don't want to permanently bury the franchise.

Bale has potential to be a good Batman.

Bale's good enough. Better than the last 3. I like Michael Keaton, but not as Bruce Wayne. And I'm not a big fan of Tim Burton.

Chris Nolan had a forum not too long ago in UCLA where he screened the original theatrical release of BladeRunner. He said he was going to use that film as a guideline for how his Batman interpretation should be. I always thought Ridley Scott would have been the perfect Bat-director, now let's see it from someone who claims to emulate him.

batman.gif

Bale's good enough.  Better than the last 3.

How about Colin Farrell?

he seems to be getting all the limelight and all the movie roles lately

:lol::lol::lol:

he was alright as Bullseye in the Daredevil movie. but i don't think he'd do at all as bruce. maybe Ollie Green or Kyle Rayner, but not Bruce.

Honestly... as Batman, I would have chosen Dylan McDermott.

Tobey Wang... Tobey Wong...

Tobey McGuire was good as Peter Parker, but I would have made Mary Jane... Jessica Biel. Just give her that zig zag hair Mary Jane has...

But F'n A', if your making a Spider-Man origin flick, you put in Gwen Stacy.

Honestly... as Batman, I would have chosen Dylan McDermott.

Tobey Wang... Tobey Wong...

Tobey McGuire was good as Peter Parker, but I would have made Mary Jane... Jessica Biel. Just give her that zig zag hair Mary Jane has...

But F'n A', if your making a Spider-Man origin flick, you put in Gwen Stacy.

good choice. shes gonna be in the third Blade movie next year, or so i heard. shes unbelievably attractive. supposedly like Mary Jane is in the Books.

cool, hell of a lot better that mike keaton!!!!!also george cloney was good batman just the movie it self wasted his talents for the role.also thought the prince batman was much better that overhyped piece of crap of a movie.also mark hamill is better joker than jack any day.too bad they don't let the joker go psycho dark knight returns style or arkham asylm stlye on the cartoon.

• 1 year later...

in all honesty in truth the best and greatest batman movie is mask of the phantasm. The guy who voices batman is without a doubt the best actor, although his physical appearance says otherwise, and the best joker is and always will be mark hamill, nuff said

Gotta say, Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman film made. I just don't see why they don't get a insanely high budget and do an animated Batman film. The cartoons have always told the Batman story far better then any live action film can I believe. Imagine if one had a hollywood budget behind it with a few years for animation to be done.

see, if this one sucks, (which i HIGHLY doubt cause i am a fan of all those involved in the making of the film) they should get bruce timm to take over, he is the head guy in charge of the animated series and justice league, so he obviously knows what hes doing

Batman Begins premieres next week. Any idea on how much it'll make on the box office on opening weekend?

32.1 Million.

Doesn't BB open on Wednesday?

Seen it. Liked it. Highly recommend it.

How is it compared to the first movie?

Compared to the first Burton movie? Definitely an improvement. I'm no Batmanophile, so I can't compare either of the films to any of the established Bat-history. However, I think it definitely blows away Burton's film in most respects. Burton's Batman, I feel, has really lost a lot on repeated viewings. It never feels like it takes place on anything other than a giant soundstage, and Burton's subsequent films have shown that much of the films style has little to do with Batman but instead are simply Burton's kitchy, corny esthetic.

This film, on the other hand, looks like it takes place in a real city (for the most part). We get a much clearer view of why Bruce Wayne does the things he does, and just how his moral code is forged. The effects are all quite good, and I'm told that the first "helicopter" shot of Gotham perfectly matches the established geography of the city's comic counterpart. Bale is, unsurprisingly, excellent as Batman, and unlike the earlier incarnations we see that the "playboy" Bruce Wayne is merely a facade he maintains.

I was lucky enough to go to a preview screening the other day and over all I was blown away. Much of the dialog I didn't like in the preview sounded pretty good when you see the full scene. Plus there are a lot of nods to Frank Miller's Batman: Year One.

I'm actually quite surprised I liked it so much. I had really lost faith in Warner Brothers to do a decent Batman film. But I have to say, in my opinion they finally got it right.