Confused about Hasegawa

Gubaba

Okay...first I heard last Spring was that Hasegawa had either lost or chosen not to renew their rights to Macross. Then they came out with the Super and Strike Battroids.

Then they announced that they were discontinuing their VF-1 fighter series (i.e. the first five kits in the series), and I heard that they were going to focus exclusively on M0 and M7 for a while.

And then they come out with the Minmay Guard, which may not be from the original series, but is still more of a First Macross kit than it is a Macross 7 or 0 kit.

Does anyone have any info that's NOT just rumor and hearsay? Are the first kits being discontinued permenantly? Will we never see a VF-1 Gerwalk?

What gives? :(

Yup, most every JP model-maker has "on" and "off" seasons for models. They mold a few thousand, then it takes months/years for them to distribute out. After a while, they're hard to find, and when demand is high enough to justify another run, they'll do it.

Right now, a lot of Hasegawa's 1/72 planes are "out". But there'll be more in the future.

Dragon has just recently started pumping out warships again--especially submarines. Stuff you couldn't even find on ebay is now on local shelves. (And I snagged several).

Tamiya's ships are "off" but there's still plenty left to go around. Their planes are "on" though, you can order from anywhere.

Bandai is especially notorious for this--they go on/off several times a year it seems. (Especially for MG/PG kits)

I sure hope so...when Hasegawa put that message on its website saying, "The final run on the models has been made. If you want them, you should hurry!" or something to that effect, I began to get really worried (and I stocked up, just in case...what an obedient little consumer I am!).

EDIT: Whoops...I should have made it clear that I was replying to bsu legato and David Hingtgen, and not to Lightning 06. Although why stop with the Prometheus? Why not a 1/72 Macross? Or Megaroad? Or Macross 7 (the ENTIRE fleet)?

Edited by Gubaba

be cool if someone made a 1/72 Prometheus for the 1/72 Valks! (then i could get lots of VF-1's and hopefully, hopefully, they might redo the 1/72 VF-4's as well!)

It would but it'd have to have it's own room, a big one.

A 1/72 scale Macross would be about 50 feet in length! It would need a pretty big room.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the length of the ship is mentioned to be about 3600 feet.

Which means, 3600ft * 1/72 = 50ft, right?

Anybody know how long that would make the Prometheus?