HG Wells turning in his grave...

Hikuro

Now, to be back on topic - anybody revise their opinions on Tom Cruise after The Last Samurai and Collateral? He seems like he's on a pretty good streak.

I suppose my opinion of him since he did Minority Report has been raised up a notch. :unsure:

I hope they remake War Games. The kid could have Imacs in his room now instead of Commodore 64s.

Imacs? hell no!

It should be Windows, so we can all identify with it.

That's fine. iMacs can run WinXP (as well as RedHat, Yellow Dog, BSD, SuSe....etc. You just need to know how). Says so on Microsoft's Mactopia homepage. :p

(and that's as far as I'm going in the PC/Mac debate. Stay on topic people.)

Heh... and besides, we all know the only computer allowed in Movies or TV are Apple anyway. ;)

Besides, any kid that can hack into NORAD really ought to be cross-platform, like this sexual tyrannasaurus, Blaine23. :p

Now, to be back on topic - anybody revise their opinions on Tom Cruise after The Last Samurai and Collateral? He seems like he's on a pretty good streak.

whoops, I unintentionally started a Mac vs Windows debate.

I think I was just trying to point out the improbability of being able to hack NORAD with a Commodore 64. Would this have actually been possible, back in the day?

...Weren't PS2s originally banned for export to North Korea and Iraq, Syria etc because of their processing power being sufficient to guide cruise missiles?

WarGamesBig.gif

Edited by Skull00

Now, to be back on topic - anybody revise their opinions on Tom Cruise after The Last Samurai and Collateral?  He seems like he's on a pretty good streak.

I suppose my opinion of him since he did Minority Report has been raised up a notch. :unsure:

Mine went down after that one. It's one of my all time favorite short stories.

It just lacked lasting impact, so I'm not interested in Band of Brothers either(dad yet again).

Band of Brothers is far and above a more compelling WWII experience than SPR. It tells real stories of real men of a real unit, with some of the actual real veterans framing each episode and putting it in perspective... and has to itself some 10 hours to tell its tale with. It's probably one of the best cinematic works dealing with WWII in authenticity, breadth, and scope. If Band of Brothers doesn't leave some sort of impact, you have no soul. :p

-Al