You bastard... I am so jealous. However, that toy seems really overpriced... probably partially because they included all the extra armor, which I agree with you is totally unnecessary. You've gotta give us some shots with the ADORABLE little Dorvak power armor figs, which I would totally buy is released separately.

Is it confirmed that the green Cannon Fodder Calibur is going to come with all the extra armor? It might be significantly more affordably priced without all that crap.

Yeah, my bank account is protesting still. I usually shoot my pix under more even lighting but rushed these off on my worktable under a hot lamp. I'll try to get nicer shots with the mini Noves when I get some time away from work. This is a toy that I consider really worth having, if you ever find it at a price you can stomach.

One word of warning, because of the large box size and flimsy tray inside, the seller told me that most if the shipment arrived with crushed-box damage. In time, finding one in pristine C-10 shelf condition may be impossible.

I posted the approx scale as 1/43;

- Calibur stats: 7.8m divided by 18cm = 43.3

- Nove stats: 2.4m divided by 5.5cm = 43.6

The instruction sheet shows the Brave Gohkin 23x release with 2 different mini power suits, and NO FULL ARMOR. Don't know how much 'value' CM's places on the damn armor, but even at less 50 USD, Army Calibur will still be expensive (as compared to exorbitant). Start saving your bucks!

As for panel lining, yes pretty tempting. CM's also supplied a full complement of color molded polycaps to hide all the exposed screw holes. Strangely, the first mod I wanted to do is to paint the INSIDE of the chestplate with a solid gray. During photography I really hated the way the backlight shone through the plastic.

A second 'easy' mod I have in mind: cutting off some of the back of the neck block so that Calibur and tilt his head up. Won't affect appearance or transformation, so I think this is a sure thing for me.

Edited by drifand

As for panel lining, yes pretty tempting. CM's also supplied a full complement of color molded polycaps to hide all the exposed screw holes. Strangely, the first mod I wanted to do is to paint the INSIDE of the chestplate with a solid gray. During photography I really hated the way the backlight shone through the plastic.

A second 'easy' mod I have in mind: cutting off some of the back of the neck block so that Calibur and tilt his head up. Won't affect appearance or transformation, so I think this is a sure thing for me.

I just saw the price on this toy...

Uh... are you sure you want to be modding this hyper expensive toy?

I just saw the price on this toy...

Uh... are you sure you want to be modding this hyper expensive toy?

Haha! Know what you mean... but price has never stopped me from making a toy 'my own'. Heck, I even mod 'r@re' and vintage toys. As long as it becomes 'better' in my eyes, I'll do it.

Yeah, my bank account is protesting still. I usually shoot my pix under more even lighting but rushed these off on my worktable under a hot lamp. I'll try to get nicer shots with the mini Noves when I get some time away from work. This is a toy that I consider really worth having, if you ever find it at a price you can stomach.

One word of warning, because of the large box size and flimsy tray inside, the seller told me that most if the shipment arrived with crushed-box damage. In time, finding one in pristine C-10 shelf condition may be impossible.

Yap, over-priced but a very well made toy in my opinion. Collected the toy together with Drifand yesterday. No doubt its pricey, at least I have no regret ;) Retail is selling it for 23,800Yen = SGD$390.00 = USD260.00, and we only paid SGD$290.00 without the need to pay extra for shipping. Here is the link to HLJ http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65248 for price comparison.

For those who still want the toy, but no intention to burn a hole in your pocket, you might want to get the reissue Aoshime transformable kit http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04262

Likewise, I will be getting the kit for the mass production Calibur http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS043912 simply for the sake of completion. Looking forward to the remaining 2 'bots, Gazzette and Tulcas for now.

Anybody pick up the new Testujin 28 SOC yet? It's available by itself, or as a two-pack with the new Black Ox, which seems kinda ugly to me... I always liked the sleeker T-28, and am interested in this, but I'd like to see a review first... hopefully CDX gets one.

Anybody pick up the new Testujin 28 SOC yet? It's available by itself, or as a two-pack with the new Black Ox, which seems kinda ugly to me... I always liked the sleeker T-28, and am interested in this, but I'd like to see a review first... hopefully CDX gets one.

I bought the two pack, right now the new joint system on Tetsujin probably makes it the best "standard" SOC right now. There's already a new Mazinger Z using the same double joints coming out. By the way there are double joints in the elbows, a joint in the chest, and two joints in the crotch (the whole hip joint and you can extend the ball joints).

Here's a photo review. You can use babelfish for a translation. I have the set myself. Its the best buy I had in months, highly recommended.

I bought the two pack, right now the new joint system on Tetsujin probably makes it the best "standard" SOC right now. There's already a new Mazinger Z using the same double joints coming out. By the way there are double joints in the elbows, a joint in the chest, and two joints in the crotch (the whole hip joint and you can extend the ball joints).

When's that new Mazinger Z coming out? Got a link to pics? :rolleyes:

THANKS for the pics! I like the new joint system alot... T-28 is crazy articulated. I still think the new Black Ox is kinda ugly... maybe I will grab the T-28 fig by itself. It looks amazing.

Your welcome. Black OX is sort of cool. I like 'bots with "faces" :lol:

Edited by holytoledo69

I found a good website for reviews

Here is braves overpriced combat Caliber and SOC Spec Falguen

http://robogeki.sakura.ne.jp/1980/brave21_1.html

http://robogeki.sakura.ne.jp/1980/brave21_2.html

Falguen-I might add this is a beautiful Mech cant wait for mine to come

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/200...c_falguen-.html

So much lovely Robot goodness :)

I'm finally getting Daimos - should be in my collection by March or so :)

Anyways - this might be a bit retro, considering all the cool stuff coming still ... but I could really use a Getter Poseidon...

Pete

So much lovely Robot goodness :)

I'm finally getting Daimos - should be in my collection by March or so :)

Anyways - this might be a bit retro, considering all the cool stuff coming still ... but I could really use a Getter Poseidon...

Pete

I really wanted to like Diamos.. but after reports of paint being chipped off after repeated transformations.. well.. :unsure: There's suppose to be a repaint of it I heard. Like the GX-31V Voltes V. If they fix the issues with it, I might reconsider.

Edited by holytoledo69

nugundamII - that collection is great! I have maybe 1/10th of it, so feel lucky Holytoledo:)

I especially envy your Ideon - I soooo want one of those...one day....one day...

Pete

lol ok. I'm waiting on Ideon to go on sale somewhere as well. Im cutting down (somewhat) on the chogokins. Its getting to be expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the only SOCs I've got and likely the only ones I will have in the foreseeable future. All my toy money is tied up in Macross :p

But I still love these things. I only wish they had made the mass production EVAs with the wings to complete the set.

I looked at the Rebuild versions and while I thought the removable armor was neat, I don't think I like the look of the new ones as much.

post-10222-1236323959_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1236323976_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1236323992_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1236324026_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1236324042_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1236324067_thumb.jpg

Just pre-ordered these puppies!

Soul of Chogokin Daizengar & Aussenseiter

I know there was a plastic kit that was released sometime ago.

But finally well deserve SOC treatment!

Man thankyou for these pics!!! I got on the early bird pre-order as soon as i saw it! This is THE super robot i need in my collection.

Hope he gets ALL his weapons, check this out -

and this -

- totally... firggin... awesome.

My only hope is that Gurren Lagaan will get the SOC treatment with ability to part swap into it's different power ups, but i doubt it, too many to buy ><

But Daizengar & Aussenseiter are so much cooler than anything brought out before, i may have missed out on the awesome Gunbuster but this one is league aheadin badass.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie