Pretty detailed little look here, there's a few longer reviews on YouTube, but this guy used the Zyuranger and MMPR themes, so there!

The knees are a thing of beauty, they almost brought a tear to my eye. So simple, yet so perfect, finally after years, someone got it, it blends and functions. Another must buy, I hope everyone locked in their POs!

edit: I didn't even know the Triceratops horns had the chains in them!

Edited by Tking22

The Megazord is an impressive toy, but it just ain't my super robot. Power Rangers was "a cheap Voltron knockoff" in my head, and while it may be inaccurate it is still how I feel in my heart. That's why I got Voltron.

Anyone Preordered SOC Voltron from KirinHobby before?
I want to have 1 SOC GX-72 Megazord ( still GX-72 but with Megazord Box Art )
Wonder if KirinHobby stocks is Daizyujin or Megazord Box Art
Seems like Amazon close preorder for GX-72, do you guys know any others place i can preorder GX-72 Megazord?

10 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

The Megazord looks fantastic but the back looks terrible. I'm glad I chose Voltron over this. 

Terrible? That seems a stretch. Why not both?

10 hours ago, JB0 said:

The Megazord is an impressive toy, but it just ain't my super robot. Power Rangers was "a cheap Voltron knockoff" in my head, and while it may be inaccurate it is still how I feel in my heart. That's why I got Voltron.

Blasphemy! Voltron is the poor man's Sentai/Power Rangers, with worse costumes!

The back is also fairly screen accurate you just rarely saw it in the show. Sure the tail is compressed on the show but at the end of the day it's the same. 

Edited by kanedaestes

Power Rangers is quite possibly the single most important thing in my entire childhood so Megazord > voltron for me.

Anyways, where's my SoC Dragonzord to go with this?

:edit:

and SoC titanus please maybe?

Edited by anime52k8

15 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Blasphemy! Voltron is the poor man's Sentai/Power Rangers, with worse costumes!

Voltron is the defender of the universe. Power Rangers aren't even the Defenders of the Earth. Defenders of California?

Also, the lions can fight on their own instead of just being pants for the giant robot.

This is incontrovertible and objective proof that Voltron is better.

11 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Power Rangers is quite possibly the single most important thing in my entire childhood so Megazord > voltron for me.

I won't say Voltron is THE most important thing in my childhood(that was probably Nintendo), but I WAS one of the millions that made it the most successful kid's show of its time, and I spent a lot of time shouting "I'll form the head" or "form blazing sword". 

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

did you get the re-release?

BBTS alerted they're getting Dragonzord in 10 days

I don't think he's talking about a toy, I think he means the robot itself didn't do anything for him in the show until DZ/Dragon Caesar showed up.

5 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

That Megazord didn't really resonate with me until the Dragonzord showed up.   I'll wait for the first ThunderMegazord to show.  I love robot dragons.  

I doubt a Chogokin Thunder MZ/Mythical Chi Beasts would happen, they aren't anywhere near as popular or well known. Chogokin DZ/Dragon Caesar maybe, but I doubt Chogokin will take the MMPR stuff any further, it's really only the original season/dino stuff most fans are in to.

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I don't think he's talking about a toy, I think he means the robot itself didn't do anything for him in the show until DZ/Dragon Caesar showed up.

I doubt a Chogokin Thunder MZ/Mythical Chi Beasts would happen, they aren't anywhere near as popular or well known. Chogokin DZ/Dragon Caesar maybe, but I doubt Chogokin will take the MMPR stuff any further, it's really only the original season/dino stuff most fans are in to.

I can wait.  They made stuff like dygenguar and tobikage stuff and zambot.  

If Daizyujin sells as well as it seems it is Dairenoh could be a possibility.  Besides Bandai is running out of robots to turn into SoC.  

Got my copy of SOC megazord yesterday. It's a great modern update to the old toy and design. Super fun and easy to play with. The knee connectors could be better, but when you know how far the knees can bend, the legs will not pop out. He's not as heavy as Voltron, but he's still DAMN heavy. DSCN1037.thumb.JPG.c7c534c65c61cf2ca176c79ae73a622c.JPG

DSCN1029.thumb.JPG.834dc0ea3cc47e8ff5bb21145a10fa58.JPG

DSCN1026.thumb.JPG.d30508a2c9d3df9abe3811d8a59c865c.JPG

DSCN1024.thumb.JPG.899a8b9f931e643500c7e8f12a05b44d.JPG

DSCN0990.thumb.JPG.5d0042bb72f8441b40ba5aa73ded3c50.JPG

DSCN1004.thumb.JPG.806583b138a04e5104183e303ac31575.JPG

DSCN0988.thumb.JPG.f14b4ec373f606c7fadc0c12725efa94.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I don't collect Soul of Chogokin nor Super Robot Chogokin but I just saw this today at TagHobby and I was wondering if this is a new line or it's just a special release? I'm kind of interested since I grew up watching this. And it would be nice to have one somehow knowing that some of the old Combattler releases are going up now so getting one at MSRP would be nice.

From TagHobby:

DX超合金魂 超電磁ロボ コン・バトラーV 約355mm

変形合体×劇中サウンド。大人のための究極の玩具誕生。

DX超合金魂よりコン・バトラーVが登場。
DX要素は『変形合体シーク エンス完全再現』。
ロペットが装着されるところから始まり、合体完了の「コン・バトラーV」までの一連の音声が変形合体と共に連動。

【セット内容】本体(バトルジェット)、本体(バトルクラッシャー)、本体(バトルタンク)、本体(バトルマリン)、本体(バトルクラフト)、交換用手首左右4種、コン・バトラーV用武装各種、バトルマシン用武装各種、台座、各種支柱、ロペット、LR41×12個、単3乾電池(AA)×2個(テスト用電池付)

From Google Translate:

DX superalloy soul super electromagnetic Robocon · butler V about 355 mm

Deformable combination × No sound during play. The ultimate toy for adults is born.

Con · Butler V appeared from DX superalloy soul.
The DX element is "Complete Reproduction of Modified Union Sequence".
A series of sounds starting from the place where the lobets are installed, to "Con · Butler V" which is the completion of the union are interlocked with the deformable combination.

【Set contents】 Main body (Battle crusher), Main body (Battle tank), Main body (Battle marine), Main body (Battle craft), Four types of wrist left and right for exchanging, Various armed types for Con · Buttra V, Battle Arm variety for machine, pedestal, various supports, ropet, LR 41 × 12, AA batteries (AA) × 2 (with test battery)

56WHt4C.jpg

Looks like it makes sound when it's transforming(?). If ever this is a new line, how I wish they started with Voltes V instead. ^_^ 

Anyways, any info would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, treatment said:

It's not a new line.

It's the same line (DX Soul of Chogokin) as Mazinger and Great Mazinger: 

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokintamashii/?wovn=en

More pics of DX SOC Combattra at TD: 

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=256371&pid=7792791

Prepare your wallet and display-room if you're interested...

Thanks Treatment. ;)

But what I meant when I said the 'new line' is because I'm more familiar with the old Soul of Chogokin and Super Robot Chogokin. And knowing that I'm not familiar with this 'new' line, I didn't know there was already 2 figure released prior. And looking at the price... I'm not sure I'm going to bite. Didn't expect it's going to cost like that. But it would be nice to have a Voltes V and Daimos in that size. ^_^

Any idea how much this Combattler V cost?

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Treatment. ;)

But what I meant when I said the 'new line' is because I'm more familiar with the old Soul of Chogokin and Super Robot Chogokin. And knowing that I'm not familiar with this 'new' line, I didn't know there was already 2 figure released prior. And looking at the price... I'm not sure I'm going to bite. Didn't expect it's going to cost like that. But it would be nice to have a Voltes V and Daimos in that size. ^_^

Any idea how much this Combattler V cost?

Here's the official Tamashii-page:

http://tamashii.jp/special/com_battler_v/

official pricing is 59,940y (tokyo-tax included, I reckon)

ami and hs will most likely based their "discount" (if any) on that pricing. HLJ and the others will prolly go offer discounts (if any) off the 55.5k-yen pricing.

12/17 release

comparo-pic with the old (and ludicrously scalper-priced) Soul of Chogokin GX-50:

sec02_stepfinal_img02.jpg

Edited by treatment

6 minutes ago, treatment said:

Here's the official Tamashii-page:

http://tamashii.jp/special/com_battler_v/

official pricing is 59,940y (tokyo-tax included, I reckon)

ami and hs will most likely based their "discount" (if any) on that pricing. HLJ and the others will prolly go offer discounts (if any) off the 55k-yen pricing.

12/17 release

comparo-pic with the old (and ludicrously scalper-priced) Soul of Chogokin GX-50:

sec02_stepfinal_img02.jpg

Wow! :shok:  :bigshok:  :wub: 

Now I feel I need one. Hehehe. :lol: 

Thanks for this, Treatment. Hopefully they will make Voltes V as well. ;)