• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I got my Mazinger Z and needless to say, the idiot company I bought it from thought it would be a good idea to ship the actual box with a shipping label on the outside. Probably to save a couple bucks. The box is totally messed up, torn and damaged. What percentage % do you think this would devalue my Mazinger. The box is torn and taped all over. I was totally pissed when it was being it was being delivered.

So I got my Mazinger Z and needless to say, the idiot company I bought it from thought it would be a good idea to ship the actual box with a shipping label on the outside. Probably to save a couple bucks. The box is totally messed up, torn and damaged. What percentage % do you think this would devalue my Mazinger. The box is torn and taped all over. I was totally pissed when it was being it was being delivered.

How did you pay for it?....Was it described as being in mint box?....

If you paid via paypal or eBay....you should be covered including shipping....Most credit cards also provide some sort of purchase protection....the key is to take action quickly....there are time limits in which you are allowed to file a complaint to try and get your money back....

Who was the seller?....Which Mazinger Z?

Edited by jvmacross

How did you pay for it?....Was it described as being in mint box?....

If you paid via paypal or eBay....you should be covered including shipping....Most credit cards also provide some sort of purchase protection....the key is to take action quickly....there are time limits in which you are allowed to file a complaint to try and get your money back....

Who was the seller?....Which Mazinger Z?

It was supposed to be mint in box. Just lame how they shipped it. They responded that they were sorry and said what would be a fair refund if I decided to keep it in the condition that it's in. It was the Bandai Tamashii Nations Mazinger Z - DX Soul of Chogokin. Just the box is basically trashed. So it makes me wonder how much of a value dive does it take in a situation like this. It's not a cheap toy by any means, but if I were to sell it someday in the future.

It was supposed to be mint in box. Just lame how they shipped it. They responded that they were sorry and said what would be a fair refund if I decided to keep it in the condition that it's in. It was the Bandai Tamashii Nations Mazinger Z - DX Soul of Chogokin. Just the box is basically trashed. So it makes me wonder how much of a value dive does it take in a situation like this. It's not a cheap toy by any means, but if I were to sell it someday in the future.

Honestly, I am one of those "needs to have a box" types....so if I were you I would be working on getting my money back....

Here is what I found on Amazon...if you paid the same or especially if you paid more...I would file a complaint and get my money back via whatever method you used to pay for the mazinger.....that way you can replace it either right away or when you receive your refund...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008GM4KWS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Personally, no box for me equals no buy....but if I had to assign loss as a percentile...I'd say 10-30% of current market value.....depending on how hard to find or rare the item is....for example a vintage hard to find toy with no box but otherwise complete...

Good Luck...and honestly, I think it would help to know what vendor had the nerve to think it was OK to send you the toy with no shipping box...it's ridiculous really...for a $400 item?!?!? If you do not want to out the vendor...PM me....so i can avoid them.... :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

I think the SOC line is pretty much my favorite toy line. They have their own stand, the quality and design is top-notch, and they are fun to handle and pose. Not to mention Bandai knows to to pack these things so the boxes aren't a nightmare.

Jesus. I would inflict murders. What is the name of said company so I can ever buy from them again?

I think the SOC line is pretty much my favorite toy line. They have their own stand, the quality and design is top-notch, and they are fun to handle and pose. Not to mention Bandai knows to to pack these things so the boxes aren't a nightmare.

Jesus. I would inflict murders. What is the name of said company so I can ever buy from them again?

That has to be the most asinine move I have ever heard of; please out the company so none of us make the mistake of buying from them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...