• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would it be pesky to say I'd prefer a larger, transformable version. Even if it was a partsformer - although if they could do with more super robots what they did with Daimos...

Pete

I'd say yes. Studio Half eye made a perfect transformation FINAL FUSION!!!! GaoFighGar but it was very expensive. And you still had to buy Goldymarg (the hammer) which was also transformable ( I think).

Edit:

There was a cheaper version by Takara.

CDX link

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like the Super Robot Chogokin line will be focusing heavily on Super Sentai robots next year. Coming this March is Magi King, from the 2005 Super Sentai series Mahou Sentai Magiranger (exploited by Saban and Buena Vista as Power Rangers Mystic Force). Magi King will come with his King Calibur sword and an effects part for the "Magical Climax" finisher.

src%2Bmagiking2.jpg

src%2Bmagiking3.jpg

Super Robot Chogokin Magi King

Edited by areaseven

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Tokyo hunter is good. You just have to wait a few days while they process your requests. No matter what happens though you still end up paying 30-50% more for the toy after middleman fees. I've tried Rinkya and Celga in the past and in my experience they seem to be more expensive.

I may be dating myself here but I hope they make a Biorobo super robot chogokin someday. That was the first godaikin chogokin I ever got back when I was still making trips to Hong Kong. I was hoping Bandai would make a SOC of it but I'd be perfectly happy with an SRC.

I may be dating myself here but I hope they make a Biorobo super robot chogokin someday. That was the first godaikin chogokin I ever got back when I was still making trips to Hong Kong. I was hoping Bandai would make a SOC of it but I'd be perfectly happy with an SRC.

As much as I want one myself, it may never happen. From a marketing standpoint, Bandai does not see any of the Showa era (1975-1988) Super Sentai titles as profitable compared to the Heisei era titles (1989-present). This was somewhat evident in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, as Choudenshi Bioman was among the titles with the least amount of coverage in the series. Bandai did unveil a SRC prototype of Sun Vulcan Robo last year, but it's been sent to the backburner at the moment. Also, it seems that Battle Fever Robo was among the lowest-selling robots in the Soul of Chogokin series.

• 4 weeks later...

"Megazord Activated!"

New pics of the upcoming Super Robot Chogokin Daizyuzin have surfaced on the web. Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger was a boring series and I hate Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but I have to admit that this figure looks sweet. I might actually buy it for my Super Sentai cabinet.

item_info1.01784.00000002.jpg

item_info1.01784.00000006.jpg

item_info1.01784.00000008.jpg

Super Robot Chogokin Daizyuzin (スーパーロボット超合金 大獣神)

I know I'm way late to the party on this stuff, but my GX-45 Mazinger Z from Bandai showed up today. This is my first Mazinger, my first true super robot toy and my first SOC since the original EVA Unit 1. I am blown away by how fantastic this figure is. Lots of nice ratchet joins, beautiful finish, awesome sculpt.

I know the SRC figures are really popular right now, but having something almost entirely diecast like this is awesome. Everything about Mazinger just screams quality, materials, paint...everything. I definitely want this to be the first of many Chogokin purchases. I've been eying items from Aoshima and Max Factory for a while now and this has prompted me to budget for some of those in the future.