A brand new SOP Yamato is in the works.

It's the same scale as the previous one (1/625) with a redone mold (sans gimiks and electronics). Also included is the drill missile from Episode 22 of the original series.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1207&template=e_review.html&set=english

I already own the original SOP Yamato so I have no intention of indulging Bandai in this "double dipping" venture, even if it is re-worked as an altered mold or even new tooling... the one I have is awesome enough. The one thing that makes me interested in this bit of news is that the renewed interest by Bandai in this line perhaps opens up the door on the remote, however unlikely, possibility of a future in-scale EDF Andromeda; I would place a pre-order, without hesitation or reservation, for one of those in an instant.

Edited by mechaninac

I already own the original SOP Yamato so I have no intention of indulging Bandai in this "double dipping" venture, even if it is re-worked as an altered mold or even new tooling... the one I have is awesome enough. The one thing that makes me interested in this bit of news is that the renewed interest by Bandai in this line perhaps opens up the door on the remote, however unlikely, possibility of a future in-scale EDF Andromeda; I would place a pre-order, without hesitation or reservation, for one of those in an instant.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000VM163C/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games

The other day, I went to my local hobby shop and saw the store manager pull out a DX Chogokin Aquarion figure. Another customer was looking to buy it but noticed that the shades of gray on the Solar and Luna were inconsistent with each other. Anyone here have this figure?

Never mind. Found it.

FINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/07172010/gx_58_soul_of_chogokin_andromeda

I can die a happy man.

I just ordered the Albion Composite Version Ka.

Not sure if this thing is metal. I saw only one review on youtube which looked pretty good. I really like this mech. I dont think I will ever see this in the SOC line or any of the other SOC sub lines!

I did get the GX-50. Was really impressed with the updates. I did get suckered tho, cause I saw the base it came with and thats why I bought it. I found out later through a friend that it has a coupon for the base Mother%&$!er! (clinches fist) I also order the GX-46 Dygenguar & Aussenseiter set. This was too good to pass up! Saw the review on CDX. Also in Dengeki magazine this month (scans to come -figuring out my new MFP) but the Dragonars 02 and 03 are coming in the Spec line. WHOOHOO. Not a fan of the saucer head but the blue one with the canons will go nicely with the existing to SOC Spec Drangonar mechs!!!!!

Edited by Snail00

Never mind. Found it.

FINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/07172010/gx_58_soul_of_chogokin_andromeda

I can die a happy man.

man I must say this is nice. Now i have to spend 400 dollars to get both!

CRAP!

Need a better job or sell one of my kids. (JOKING!)

I just ordered the Albion Composite Version Ka.

Not sure if this thing is metal. I saw only one review on youtube which looked pretty good. I really like this mech. I dont think I will ever see this in the SOC line or any of the other SOC sub lines!

It's all plastic. It's basically a slightly-larger and more expensive Robot Damashii with worse QC. Frankly, I hate mine. It spent about 10 minutes out of the box before going right back in. The paint quality is questionable, bits fall off, joint tightness is all over the place, there's nasty sprue cut scars all over the guns, and the hands are on soft rubber ball joints that make me nervous pulling them on and off.

It's all plastic. It's basically a slightly-larger and more expensive Robot Damashii with worse QC. Frankly, I hate mine. It spent about 10 minutes out of the box before going right back in. The paint quality is questionable, bits fall off, joint tightness is all over the place, there's nasty sprue cut scars all over the guns, and the hands are on soft rubber ball joints that make me nervous pulling them on and off.

Great! Thanks

I will ask the Ebay seller if I can cancel the transaction

Thanks a lot for the review. Too Bad since the Gurran Laggan looks awesome too. Are you going to sell yours? Maybe I can have one at a reduced price?

Finally, after three years I managed to afford to get the one Soul of Chogokin figure, besides the SOC Spec EVAs (all of which I have) that I REALLY wanted (as opposed to all the ones I ended up getting for my store which I never had any interest in)... Namely - the one, the only...Ideon!

2qav9km.jpg

Pete

Finally, after three years I managed to afford to get the one Soul of Chogokin figure, besides the SOC Spec EVAs (all of which I have) that I REALLY wanted (as opposed to all the ones I ended up getting for my store which I never had any interest in)... Namely - the one, the only...Ideon!

2qav9km.jpg

Pete

Ideon is an amazing piece and the sheer weight is astonishing, still one of my favorite "big" SOC's along with Iron Gear, Daitarn, and the new Com-Battler. I've got about 6-7 of the big boys on this one cheap shelf and I can honestly see the shelf start to sag lol.

post-5693-12803505216_thumb.jpg

Edited by chen

2qav9km.jpg

Pete

A fan of Freud are we

Pete

Yes, Ideon is just a wonderful 'classic' chogokin.

Can transform, big, heavy, load of diecast! ^_^

post-10429-128037307497_thumb.jpg

Edited by macrossnake

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the history behind this ship? I assume it's from Yamato which I've never seen.

It's the NX-2000 Excelsior of the Yamato universe. ^_^

The Andromeda made it's first appearance in the second season. This state of the art battleship was a technological achievement that was intended to replace the aging Yamato. Packed with a dual wave motion gun and mostly automated weapons she was the pride of the Earth Defense Force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3psLCPLMw (Space Battleship Yamato 2 - Episode 21 The Main Fleet Battle)

A fan of Freud are we

Not particularly; I just put Freud's books there because Ideon is, after all, based in large part on Freud's theory of the ID :-)

Yes, Ideon is just a wonderful 'classic' chogokin.

Can transform, big, heavy, load of diecast!

What sold me was the anime. I'm finding as I get older, I'm becoming more particular and only getting figures and models from anime that I really really liked. Ideon was one that I really really liked (at least Ideon: Be Invoked - 'cause I haven't seen the actual series).

Pete

Not particularly; I just put Freud's books there because Ideon is, after all, based in large part on Freud's theory of the ID :-)

What sold me was the anime. I'm finding as I get older, I'm becoming more particular and only getting figures and models from anime that I really really liked. Ideon was one that I really really liked (at least Ideon: Be Invoked - 'cause I haven't seen the actual series).

Pete

To your point about collection habbits changing due to age, I am finding I like these wacky looking robots more rather the new updated looks of transformers. Something about the designs which are minimal in archetechtual beauty and more in practicality. Also it helps that Bandai pays so much attention to detail/paint and materials in the SOC series of mecha collectables. I cant wait for my new GX-50 and Gx-46 to arrive

• 2 weeks later...

It's the NX-2000 Excelsior of the Yamato universe. ^_^

The Andromeda made it's first appearance in the second season. This state of the art battleship was a technological achievement that was intended to replace the aging Yamato. Packed with a dual wave motion gun and mostly automated weapons she was the pride of the Earth Defense Force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3psLCPLMw (Space Battleship Yamato 2 - Episode 21 The Main Fleet Battle)

Cool, thanks for the info and link UN Spacy! Looks interesting.....

• 2 weeks later...

It is a good solid SOC toy.

But I just think the size is too small... that is a big let down to me. Wish they are a little taller!

They are bigger than the average SOC non Transforming stand alone figs. When on the horse its huge tho

DSC04525.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04508.jpg

THis is now my favorite Toy collectable.

REALLY

This thing is awesome. I didnt want the new one not fond of the slimmer and cleaner paint apps and since they announced the Andromeda I opted out for the reissued cheaper first run version. It does after all get expensive collecting all these chokogin.

If your wondering yes it has metal somewhere in the hull and the turrents. The rest is plastic. Some assembly required mostly the stand, and some antennas

Losts of really great sound affects. Lighting affects. The front Hull has the torpedo room with working torpedo loader. The back has 3 hanger bays. THe engine compartment there is a switch and the turbines can move. All cleverly hidden within the design. I really dont know how much more they can improve the SOP design on the new SOC. Cant wait for what they have in store for the Andromeda If you havent already this is a MUST for your collection out of 5 i give this a 5++

What's the white bridge-looking thingy on the stand?

I haven't watched SBY in a million years, and mostly only recall it from the fuzzy depths of my youth.

The "Cosmo Cleaner D". The radiation cleaning device that the Yamato crew went out to get in the 1st series.

Didnt know where to stick this. The GL thread is locked.

http://tomopop.com/tomopop-review-composite-ver-ka-gurren-lagann-by-bandai-13796.phtml

The review for the Composite Ka.

Ill pass on this. I think my Revoltech with the wings is still price wise the best GL out there. The Metal GL being the best but at 400 bucks I dont think its worth the price tag considering you get SOCs like Gunbuster/Dangouga for a lot less.

Hope still exists for Bandai to put the Knightmare frame and GL under the new Smaller SOC Bandai line.

• 4 months later...

Here is the SOUL OF CHOGOKIN SPEC Dragonar 1. This is the original I wanted from Opening Silhouette. Much nicer. Other other one I have was supposed to the limited special release but it turned out this was the popular one so it for a while before Bandai did a re-release was selling for 200 plus dollars.

DSC04768.jpg

DSC04767.jpg

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04764.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

DSC04762.jpg

DSC04761.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04758.jpg

DSC04756.jpg

DSC04754.jpg

DSC04752.jpg

DSC04769.jpg

I have the Chogokin Max Factory Dragonar 1 in transit. I know it doesnt even come close to the Love Bandai gives to its SOC line but its nice none the less and the design is very admirable.

Here is the mini Alteisen

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

and my V2

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04676.jpg