• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble discerning the differences on the new Combattler versus the old. From what I can tell:

• Increased poseability
  • Clear cockpits
  • Parts on the back of the shoulders stay on after transformation
  • Different placement of tank treads on back
  • Wider upper arms?
  • Stand up without falling over?
Edited by Majestic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ALERT

DO NOT BUY THE BIG O

It is a Plastic piece of poo.

About 5% metal in it. Feels as light as a MG Gundam ....!!!!!! BEWARE!

Hot Wheels cars have more metal!

Articulation sucks

Plastic feels cheap

Need to pay extra for expansion pack that should be included.........

SOC joke !

Overpriced!

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

DSC03202.jpg

post-4512-1256395632_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

Well I love my Big-O, sure it doesn't have the most diecast but it is large and I love the sculpt, amazing QC too. I also bought GX-46, GX-47, and GX-49 at the same time and I can sincerely say that GX-46 is one of THE most impressive figures ever made, it truly is a masterpiece. I don't know if it's a must buy at $300 but I bought one at Angolz for $200 and it is definitely worth it.

post-5693-1256487831_thumb.jpg

post-5693-1256487841_thumb.jpg

post-5693-1256487850_thumb.jpg

ALERT

DO NOT BUY THE BIG O

It is a Plastic piece of poo.

About 5% metal in it. Feels as light as a MG Gundam ....!!!!!! BEWARE!

Hot Wheels cars have more metal!

Articulation sucks

Plastic feels cheap

Need to pay extra for expansion pack that should be included.........

SOC joke !

Overpriced!

Really? It looks good in the photos though...

I would like to see more metal since that is one of the main reason I buy/like SOC. :mellow:

Edited by macrossnake

Well the newer EVAs have almost no metal in them either, but look at the Big O. Imagine if that things arms (for example) were metal, it'd be a saggy floppy mess you couldn't pose in just a few months. Not to mention it is one of the only Big O products available if you like the mech. I'd really like to pick one up, but I have to be pretty picky about purchases as we get into the holidays.

Well the newer EVAs have almost no metal in them either, but look at the Big O. Imagine if that things arms (for example) were metal, it'd be a saggy floppy mess you couldn't pose in just a few months. Not to mention it is one of the only Big O products available if you like the mech. I'd really like to pick one up, but I have to be pretty picky about purchases as we get into the holidays.

Yeah but the evas were acceptable and under the SOC spec line.

But this has next to nothing in Metal. Fine dont add it to the arms but a small bit of the underside of the hip skirt, the bottom of the feet, small part of the chest, angles and thats it???? For 150 dollars I think you can give me more

Im not a fan of the mech as much as a fan of the mech and metal

If I knew it was going to have this little metal I would have spend my money on the transforming mazinger

thanks

If I knew it was going to have this little metal I would have spend my money on the transforming mazinger

thanks

The transforming Mazinger has barely any metal as well. And poor articulation. While the fist mode is cool, the toy is pretty disappointing overall. I'll actually be putting mine up for sale soon.

The transforming Mazinger has barely any metal as well. And poor articulation. While the fist mode is cool, the toy is pretty disappointing overall. I'll actually be putting mine up for sale soon.

yep... i was all set on getting this but due to the lack of diecast and poor articulation i decided not to get the GX-49... good thing coz the MaxGokin Mazinkaiser will be re-issued (pre-ordered!!! :))... good thing i didn't drop the $300+ asking price for the last one i saw earlier this year... :D

Ill buy it from you ??

Give me an offer

and Wow what is happening to Bandai is this because of the downturn and therefore to save costs they are adding less metal and posable joints

Edited by nugundamII

yep... i was all set on getting this but due to the lack of diecast and poor articulation i decided not to get the GX-49... good thing coz the MaxGokin Mazinkaiser will be re-issued (pre-ordered!!! :))... good thing i didn't drop the $300+ asking price for the last one i saw earlier this year... :D

same here, looking forward to the re-issued Max gokin Mazinkaiser very much. ^_^

m-05.jpg

m_00.jpg

same here, looking forward to the re-issued Max gokin Mazinkaiser very much. ^_^

yep! rumors have been flying around since last year that a re-issue was coming, but never materialized up until now... i'm soooo glad i didn't get any of the Aoshima kaisers too...

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX07004

although, i think AE has the cheapest online pre-order price for this...

yep! rumors have been flying around since last year that a re-issue was coming, but never materialized up until now... i'm soooo glad i didn't get any of the Aoshima kaisers too...

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX07004

although, i think AE has the cheapest online pre-order price for this...

wow affordable

Ok need your help here

I just committed to buying the fist of doom from a board member here

I also just bought the

MGs

Full Blast Strike Freedom

Full Blast Destiny

Sword Impulse

Astray Blue Frame Revise

and Strike Noir

so im a little cash strapped

so ......

this is on my preorder list

Blue Patlabor from Yamato the big one

PG OO Raiser

With the SOC DX Macross Quarter coming

this new Max Mazinger which I want

Please help me prioritize my list??

Thanks

Edited by nugundamII

Blue Patlabor at the very bottom.

The Macross Quarter - from what I've seen - is going to be very, very VERY awesome.

The PG OO Raiser should definitely be first on the list though. Next the Quarter.

Max Mazinger and Patlabor...not so much.

Pete

Your Friendly Anime Addiction Prioritization Service

Telling you which drug to take first thing in the morning since 2007!

Blue Patlabor at the very bottom.

The Macross Quarter - from what I've seen - is going to be very, very VERY awesome.

The PG OO Raiser should definitely be first on the list though. Next the Quarter.

Max Mazinger and Patlabor...not so much.

Pete

Your Friendly Anime Addiction Prioritization Service

Telling you which drug to take first thing in the morning since 2007!

Thanks

So

1. Quarter

2. PG 00 Raiser

but why the Labour. You dont think its a good buy? Since its a Yammy are there QC issues?

but why the Labour. You dont think its a good buy? Since its a Yammy are there QC issues?

I think the labour isn't a priority because it's blue.

Do you have the original white one in 1:24 scale? I'd say that's enough. Why would you want the blue one? I haven't seen Patlabor (yet) so I guess I wouldn't know...

But I always liked the Griffon design...and the Broken... maybe better to wait for those in 1:24 scale.

Plus - look at your unhappiness with Big O.

Trust me - I've been there - it's called impulse buying.

It's hard to avoid - but you just have to really think about what matters for you.

Recently, I've made a list, and it looks like this:

1. I like way to many anime to have it all - therefore, I need to be selective

2. Gundam? Well - I like MSG, Turn-A and Unicorn. Turn-A and Unicorn have like a couple mecha each. MSG has three main mecha and the enemy mecha. I want them all in MG. I will probably end up having Unicorn in HG as well because of the Kyashukia. Fine.

3. Gurren Lagann - nothing but Revoltechs - so Revoltechs they shall be.

4. NGE - Revoltech Fraulein and SOC Spec. RAH for Shinji. Not sure if I want to keep a pair of the 2.0s...probably not since I love the original 26 episodes best of all.

5. Macross - everything - because there actually is NOT a lot of it. The most is SDFM TV + DYRL.

6. Transformers - I have to think about this. Maybe once I get rid of my collection, I'll hunt down some MPs? I dunno. Really hard to decide what to do with these guys.

7. Haruhi Suzumiya - all the Figmas and Revoltechs

8. SOC - now SOC is great because it focuses a lot on one-mecha programs. So Ideon, Zambot 3, Dancouga, God Mars, Daimos...one big all mighty mecha... you get that one - and you're SET.

The key is not to get petty - don't think you need to get ALL of the various incarnations of Mazinkaiser etc... Just pick the best one...

Also ,pick the one whose friends are in relative good scale...

It's hard work being a collector...so much to choose from, so much...

Pete

I think the labour isn't a priority because it's blue.

Do you have the original white one in 1:24 scale? I'd say that's enough. Why would you want the blue one? I haven't seen Patlabor (yet) so I guess I wouldn't know...

But I always liked the Griffon design...and the Broken... maybe better to wait for those in 1:24 scale.

Plus - look at your unhappiness with Big O.

Trust me - I've been there - it's called impulse buying.

It's hard to avoid - but you just have to really think about what matters for you.

Recently, I've made a list, and it looks like this:

1. I like way to many anime to have it all - therefore, I need to be selective

2. Gundam? Well - I like MSG, Turn-A and Unicorn. Turn-A and Unicorn have like a couple mecha each. MSG has three main mecha and the enemy mecha. I want them all in MG. I will probably end up having Unicorn in HeachG as well because of the Kyashukia. Fine.

4. NGE - Revoltech Fraulein and SOC Spec. RAH for Shinji. Not sure if I want to keep a pair of the 2.0s...probably not since I love the original 26 episodes best of all.

5. Macross - everything - because there actually is NOT a lot of it. The most is SDFM TV + DYRL.

6. Transformers - I have to think about this. Maybe once I get rid of my collection, I'll hunt down some MPs? I dunno. Really hard to decide what to do with these guys.

8. SOC - now SOC is great because it focuses a lot on one-mecha programs. So Ideon, Zambot 3, Dancouga, God Mars, Daimos...one big all mighty mecha... you get that one - and you're SET.

The key is not to get petty - don't think you need to get ALL of the various incarnations of Mazinkaiser etc... Just pick the best one...

Pete

I try to be selective. Thats what I thought about Big 0

1. I like way to many anime to have it all - therefore, I need to be selective-

Me Too and since transformers is a little dead now with nothing but crap designs my sites and loves have turned to other plastic addictions

2. Gundam? Well - I like MSG, Turn-A and Unicorn. Turn-A and Unicorn have like a couple mecha each. MSG has three main mecha and the enemy mecha. I want them all in MG. I will probably end up having Unicorn in HG as well because of the Kyashukia. Fine.

I would like to suggest to wait. I know that they will release the Kyshatria in MG class. They are releasing the Unicorn in MCFFC and if its like the MCFFC 1/100 I have then it will be worthwhile. I know they will release a Full Metallic coating Sinanju like the Sazabi MG class which im eagerly waiting. They will release the MG Kshatriya. Be patient with Unicorn Franchise. This is Bandai's big ticket

Also I normally wasnt into Seed mecha but after getting the Lighting Strike Freedom. They are really nice Mechs

I have heard wonderful reviews for MG Sword Impulse, Full Burst Strike Freedom and Destiny

-Always-and Eva!

-Really not into figures of Humans since im a Mecha Person and more transforming mecha

-Yes

-Keep them. They do have value. Especially the G1 and their Reissued counterparts. As i have stated before there are gems from each line. Even the movie lines have some nice figures ala HA New Mold Prime, Mixmaster, the new Leader SS

and some from the first movie two like ratchet and Ironhide. Classics!!! and yes GET ALL THE MPs as well as the THS.

-Not into human figures

I have all on your list except Zambot, God Mars and Daimos which dont appeal to me

Ill try but everyyone says this MAx one is good. And its A LOT cheaper than the one by FEWTURE

thats next to impossible

yeah I was pretty good until I joined MW which i got totally sidetracked from transformers but ig a good way :)

oh and i forgot to mention the blue labor is cheaper than the white one. I already have the white wave and CM's so something different. But i need to be careful how much i buy at once so i will need to go in bits

Edited by nugundamII