What is it called, what company makes it, how much does it cost and when does it come out?

I'm sold.

Pete

That's a SOC, it'll either be GX-47 or GX-45R or S and it'll be out in September for about a hundred bucks.

yeah, GX-45Suckered you again! <_<

i don't really care much about it transforming into that giant rocket punch, i just really like the look of the God Scrander on Maz... esp. compared to the sissy looking old scrander bundled w/ the GX-45 that looks exactly the same as the one that came w/ the GX-01/R...

the suckiest thing about it is that there seems to be differences w/ the Mazinger figure w/c could mean that transformation might not work w/ the 1st run.

good thing i just sold off my GX-45 w/out losing (nor gaining) anything...i kept the promotional gloves though, hehe ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

If the SOC is anything like the plastic model kit coming then the chest will be larger and open for the head to fit inside. Maybe if you just leave it in robot mode and don't transform it the God Scrander may fit on GX-45. I like the choice that Bandai gives you, you can go for the classic look or go for the new look and at less than a hundred bucks I'll probably buy this and display it side by side.

...Maybe if you just leave it in robot mode and don't transform it the God Scrander may fit on GX-45. I like the choice that Bandai gives you, you can go for the classic look or go for the new look and at less than a hundred bucks I'll probably buy this and display it side by side.

for me it's okay since i'm more of a fan of the God Scrander as a flight pack... but for those who bought the GX-45 and were thinking that this could be an add-on like the GX-04X and do care about the transformation to the giant rocket punch, this'll definitely suck.

i can't really afford to double-dip, so i'll just be waiting for this one. :)

I would probably have gone for the double dip anyways - but truth be told, beyond the super duper poseability the new Mazinger Z just didn't scream out "take me!" to me as much as some other stuff. He was kind of like Reideen - a nice figure, but nothing spectacular. Then the DX set came out and ...err... well that's STILL on my "must get" list :)

But now, this Mazinger Fisting Version is very lovely and I will happily take him :)

It'll be only my second Mazinger Z figure. The only one I have now is the Mechanic Collection snap fit model, which is actually pretty nice and I love how Bandai used rubber to fascilitate the anime-accurate super robot poses :)

Pete

Sorry for the double post but:

My new photo-comic Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Self)-Control is ready and can be read in full here at the Hub, a UK-based Transformers site that is also nice enough to tolerate my craziness sometimes:

http://tmukhub.proboards.com/index.cgi?act...2850&page=1

I didn't post this comic on Macrossworld because:

a) Far as I understand, we can't really post fan fiction here

b) It's not even a Macross Fanfiction

I put this post into the Soul of Chogokin thread and not the NGE thread because the comic uses Bandai's SOC SPEC EVAs in all their glory and in the starring roles throughout and in a sense it's just as much of a "Look at me having fun with SOC" comic as it is an Evangelion comic. Here's a sample of the cover. Enjoy:

5oijpd.jpg

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Nice.

How tall are they? Could you take a pic with another chogokin together?

On their own, not tall at all. No bigger than a basic non-transforming SOC such as Mazinger Z.

DGG-Size-1.jpg

Comparison with a 1/144 SRW:OG model Gespenst

DGG-Size-2.jpg

Comparison with the much larger Baikanfu

I like them, and I'm glad I got them, but I think as a collectible it's really got the price dialed up to 11 and I can imagine the set not being worth it to a lot of people.

They look great though. Aussenseiter is a bit of a brick by modern toy standards, but Daizengar might be one of the most solid, stable, and poseable gokins ever made.

DaiTrombe-2.jpg

DaiTrombe-3.jpg

Edited by QuinJester

Aussenseiter's posing prowess is highly lacking.

SturmArngriff.jpg

This is pretty much as good as he can do. The hips really can't do much more than go backward and forwards and it makes him look terrible if you try to move them all that much. Fortunately, his ankles are very adjustable.

Aussenseiter's posing prowess is highly lacking.

SturmArngriff.jpg

This is pretty much as good as he can do. The hips really can't do much more than go backward and forwards and it makes him look terrible if you try to move them all that much. Fortunately, his ankles are very adjustable.

Thanks, QuinJester. Nice pics! :)

I wish they are bigger, just seems a bit small for that sort of money.

Daizengar looks so awesome, just cool looking robot! I would love a Daizengar stand alone version, so it might cost like a Diamos...

Also I am not sure about the Aussenseiter horse mode , the legs are so short?! Why, Bandai? They are swapeable anyway, should made them taller!

That's just without the helment, which is removable - which was a big surprise for me - and a pleasant one! The head sculpt is great, and it's being "tiny" is not correct. It's just that Dangaurd Ace is so HUGE! :)

Pete

Danguard is a amazing piece and one of the few figures I thought about buying multiples of since I also love it in Satalizer mode. My Force Five fantasy team is finally completed!

post-5693-1246915136_thumb.jpg

Edited by chen

That's just without the helment, which is removable - which was a big surprise for me - and a pleasant one! The head sculpt is great, and it's being "tiny" is not correct. It's just that Dangaurd Ace is so HUGE! :)

Pete

It's definitely tiny, even with the helmet on ^_^ . Even 3-5% bigger would have helped. Anime-accurate-to-one-scene-that-was-5-seconds-long be damned, it would have looked a lot nicer with a bigger head :lol:

Bandai FINALLY unveils their next Soul of Popynica (thx to cybergundam for pics).

While it isn't the Andromeda. I'm still pretty excited that they're making the Swordfish. B))

15ft9fm.jpg

Why on earth is Bandai redoing Combattler V.

Bandai's been revamping a lot of their old stuff as of late which is fine by me. The original Combattler V's legs were way too floppy. From what I've seen from the prototype pics, there's also some added articulation to the elbows..

I just got the GX-45 today and though people might say its out of scale with the original SOC's, its still quite heavy. I'm betting they're going to be doing Great Mazinger and Mazinkaiser.. I hope :rolleyes:

Well Com-Battler was the first traditional combining robot ever, not counting the Getters which were more morphing than really combining. So it deserves the upgrade treatment since it's still quite popular in Japan. Also I have a feeling that a Com-Battler DVD set will be issued so this will help in cross promotions. The original GX-03 isn't that bad it just lacked any kind of hip movement, it had knee articulation and double jointed elbows so all I see with this new version are ball jointed hips like GX-31 plus clear plastic for the vehicles and some minor detail changes and increased weapons.

That looks like the same sculpt as the EX model kit.. which isn't a bad thing, I built and painted it a few years back and it's pretty neat.

Bandai FINALLY unveils their next Soul of Popynica (thx to cybergundam for pics).

While it isn't the Andromeda. I'm still pretty excited that they're making the Swordfish. B))

• 4 weeks later...