While not the SOC line, Bandai does have a few new Eureka 7 toys coming out as part of their Robot Damashii line. So far, they have the Nirvash Spec 2 and The END coming out this month and June. There's also going to be the Devilfish.

While not the SOC line, Bandai does have a few new Eureka 7 toys coming out as part of their Robot Damashii line. So far, they have the Nirvash Spec 2 and The END coming out this month and June. There's also going to be the Devilfish.

While I am aware of this I just think the quality isnt there and I have the one that bandai released under its own line. Too many parts

I would really like a perfect transform Nirvash spec1 and spec2

I ll wait till someone makes a chogokin it really is deserving of one.

• 3 weeks later...
Pictures of the upcoming SOC Big-O, this thing looks sweet!

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-98267-1-1.html

Looks great.

Was very temp to per-order it, then find out there will have a special 'web' version coming from Bandai later too... I am going to wait for more details about the different between these two versions. :rolleyes:

Very tempted by the Big O release, it looks great. Though I'm a little concerned about the arms. If the thing is mostly metal, I wonder what the means for the shoulder joints especially.

I think it should be ok. Soul of Chogokin usually has good ''click'' joins. ^_^

It should be fine, the Eva's didn't have ratcheted joints and in my opinion had to many points of articulation for a heavy figure. Trust me if a figure like Ideon that weighs over a kilogram can balance on one foot I don't see any problems with the arms on Big-O.

Got some new SOCS. I have to assemble my EVAs - and I've got a summer flu or something and feel down in the dumps so anything requiring my careful attention is not gonna get it for a while (good thing Char's Zaku II gone finished before I got my current illness)...

But - I did manage to swing a play with Combattler V. I LOVE his head. It's far more expressive than Voltes V; lots more retro. His transformation alright; though it's obvious these two are related... I am happy he can achieve land vehicle mode unlike Voltes V who for some reason can't ... (got the old Voltes V). Limited leg articulation - but then again he IS from 1999 so....

Next on the SOC must have - er...adjust - the next OLD SOC must have (since Tekkam Blade/Pegassus are definitely on the "new SOC list") ....

I need to get around to getting Ideon.

Then Irongear (for all his faults)

Pete

Well at first GX-31 Voltes couldn't transform into his tank mode because that was actually never shown in the Anime that it could, but that was later rectified with GX-31V. Irongear is fantastic, Ideon may be a bit taller but Irongear is wider and IMHO more impressive looking plus it's actually more articulated than you would think.

My beef with Irongear is only that apparently you can't lift him up in his groundbase mode and make him fly around while saying "woosh" - but I guess you're not supposed to since it is...well...a ground vehicle :) But - yeah - both of them or next on my list :)

Pete

I got Iron Gear a couple months ago, and love it. I am not bothered by the way the landship mode sits, and the engineering is otherwise incredible on this guy. The fact that it has any leg articulation at all is amazing, and the toy is really fun to play with in both modes. I haven't gotten around to assembling all the little accessory guys, as I currently do not have the too to display all that :( I do plan on eventually building all those little guys, and adding some painting and weathering to all of the toys, IG included.

Here's a shot I took while playing with some SOCs the other day :D

rvb1.png

didnt know that about Iron Gear . I skipped over him when it was released

because so many other figures were available

I'm waiting for the aoshima getter robo renewal black version to

get delivered . any body own one ?

I saw a review and figured why not it looks nice and

i like aoshima's work even though they really make

getter 3 and I'd be all over it. i wasnt a big fan of shin getter 2 .

the design wasnt for me - it was the skinny legs

just gonna have to wait.

I'm really undecided about the fewture es getter 1 2 3 . they're cute but

do i really want them/ have to see what other folks think about

them 1st.

My beef with Irongear is only that apparently you can't lift him up in his groundbase mode and make him fly around while saying "woosh"

Pete

That's not entirely true. You can whoosh him around all you want, you just have to hold him with two hands, one on each end. It would probably stress the toy to hold only one end, or just the middle, but it's so big and long in cruiser mode that you would probably want to use both hands anyway.

I can't really think of any true faults on Iron Gear. He's easily among my top three favorite SOCs and has a magnificent shelf presence. Plus he comes with miniature to-scale figures of Walker Galliar and Xabungle (in bot and vehicle modes) that are fully painted and articulated, how cool is that?

I did say I am going to buy him next along with Ideon, no ? :) You guys don't have to convince me :)

As for using two hands - yeah - besides...the complaint is kind of stupid since I don't realy "woosh" my stuff around anyways :)

As for Xabungle - does anyone have SOC Xabungle? What do people think? Pics? I was considering him as well...

Regarding the Getter Robos - I have the original GX-06 and am well happy with it. I prefer it over Shin Getter. The only Getters I prefer as well as original Getter is Getter Dragon, Poseidon and...er...the third one. SOOOOO want a Getter Poseidon :)

Pete

Xabungle is a big divider. Personally, I think he's awesome. Lots of people think he's one of the worst SOCs ever. The main problem with him is that he's tiny; As long as you can get over the fact that he's the size of a deluxe transformer, he's actually really nice with several clever bits in his transformation, a ton of accessories, a lovely paint job, and awesomely tight joints and ratchets.

... plus, he comes with a very easy to assemble model kit of an enemy mech for him to fight! More SOCs should come with villains packed in the box.

If you don't have Walker Machine Galliar, he's essentially better than Xabungle in every way (with the exception that he doesn't turn into a Space-RV-Camper) and also a highly recommended purchase. He and his ratchet joints are like the diecast toy equivalent of one of those stress-squeezy balls. He's just so calming to fiddle around with.

anybody care to translate what's on the cover?

3643203747_e51008ba7d_o.jpg

this is very easy to see....not sure if you guys are joking around

but the legs and arms make up the fingers and if you look closely you can see the thunb

the cape becomes part of the wrist area

I believe this is an add on to the existing 25th Maz Z

Come on Pete your a SOC fan you should know better...

yeah, i meant the text... if it's an add-on or if it will be a whole new set that will include a Maz figure. (so i know if i should start peddling my MIB GX-45)

and the middle and ring fingers (+ the thumb) are part of the God Scrander as you can see in the pic below of the model version... i believe the feet are covered by the wings and make up the wrist area.

ban959941_4.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r