Yeah. Actually I was kinda thinking

if I made the right decision. But I

am a Filipino and Voltes V is so

much part of our history and culture! :lol:

yes it is! so which one did you get... the anime accurate one or the new goofy looking one? i for one prefer the original...

i got the original.

i was also thinking of getting daimos

but i am turned off by the enormous

feet. hehehe.

i love my SOC Daimos... granted the transformation is not anime accurate and you have to swap/plug in the bigger tranzer "head", but i really enjoy posing it when it's in robot mode esp. w/ all the diff. hands and weapons... it's definitely A LOT more poseable than SOC Voltes... and it's not too expensive either... i got mine cheaper than a v.2 VF-1 w/ SSPs when i was in HK last year, i'm sure the price is pretty much the same there... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

I also enjoy my Daimos. Although I haven't had a chance to play with him much just yet. I'm not too bothered by the head transformation. It technically still is perfect TF, since you just swivel it :) ... but ... the thing that bugs me is transforming the arms. I've had to remove his fists to get the cargo bay to close properly.

Any suggestions on that?

Pete

I also enjoy my Daimos. Although I haven't had a chance to play with him much just yet. I'm not too bothered by the head transformation. It technically still is perfect TF, since you just swivel it :) ... but ... the thing that bugs me is transforming the arms. I've had to remove his fists to get the cargo bay to close properly.

Any suggestions on that?

Pete

Prolonged testing has shown that the ONLY hands he can transform with are the closed fists; his poseable open hands wont fit inside the tranzer. So you can keep him PT... as long as you don't mind him not being able to hold anything.

It's a minor complaint for me though. Daimos is a very sweet figure.

Daimos3.jpg

Daimos1.jpg

Daimos5.jpg

nice pics... cool poses... i'll add this old pic of mine to convince mr. pogi ;) to get one... :)

mr pogi. hahaha.

vic sotto: So what is your best feature?

mr pogi: My best feature is my graduation feature.

sorry to those who can't relate.

If Daimos only had half the size of those feet, i would get him.

Edited by geepogi

mr pogi. hahaha.

vic sotto: So what is your best feature?

mr pogi: My best feature is my graduation feature.

sorry to those who can't relate.

LMFAO! :lol: ... haven't heard that in a long while! ... mine is my I.D. feature LOL :lol:...

If Daimos only had half the size of those feet, i would get him.

really, the feet aren't out of proportion when you see/handle the figure in person... it'll probably be the only (if not the last) Daimos diecast fig. in the next 20+ years (excluding possible repaints)... and if you liked the SOC Voltes, SOC Daimos is certainly on par, if not better... i'm such a B.I. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Yamato Danguard Ace yesterday and I love it, it's quite large and you can kinda see my Maxfactory Mazinkaiser next to it so if you have that figure you can kinda quess how large Danguard is (about 11-12 inches). I know it's not a SOC but I figured I'd post a pic here instead of starting a new thread just for it. I'll be getting my first Yamato Valk in a week or so (1/60 VF-1S Focker with strike Pack) and can't wait to see how much it differs from Danguard. I'm guessing Danguard has a very simplistic transformation compared to the Valk but probably has more diecast in one arm than the Valk.

post-5693-1242251133_thumb.jpg

I just received my Yamato Danguard Ace yesterday and I love it, it's quite large and you can kinda see my Maxfactory Mazinkaiser next to it so if you have that figure you can kinda quess how large Danguard is (about 11-12 inches). I know it's not a SOC but I figured I'd post a pic here instead of starting a new thread just for it. I'll be getting my first Yamato Valk in a week or so (1/60 VF-1S Focker with strike Pack) and can't wait to see how much it differs from Danguard. I'm guessing Danguard has a very simplistic transformation compared to the Valk but probably has more diecast in one arm than the Valk.

This Yamato Danguard surely looks very nice. Any Yamato qc issue? Love to get one.

However, it is not in my top list, I am hoping to get a Baikanfu next (if I can find one in a reasonable price) and Big O later this year.

I just received my Yamato Danguard Ace yesterday

Do a search, and you will find my Groxier X thread :) Maybe - since you and I seem to be the only people around who love Yamato's GNU Hagane line... we can start a GNU Hagane worship thread? :)

I am going to get Dangaurd Ace sometime this year :) For sure! :)

Pete

Having real doubts on this one. Anybody getting the Dygenguar and Aussenseiter set?

2a7trwz.jpg

They look beyond AWESOME combined... but the perfect transformation horse mode (as in "not with the swappable head and legs") looks rather lacking for such an expensive SOC.

qp4h20.jpg

3484mu1.jpg

The display stand better be the best one yet.

Edited by Twoducks

I'll definitely be getting the DGG set, no question.

The display base (seen here underneath the COMPLETELY wrong toy) looks like it'll be a rocky outcropping, Baikanfu style, in which Daizengar's swords will be stuck. It'll be more of a "extra piece collection block" than an actual stand, I should imagine, again, like Baikanfu or Ideon.

DGG-Stand.jpg

I dunno.

I'm on the fence about Di-Gender and Ass-grabber.

The thing looks cool - but it also looks kind of like a blob. Maybe it's the colors pouring into eachother?

Also - the horse doesn't look right...

Pete

For the older + crustier among us it was the Vehicle Voltron that preceded the lion voltron tv series (I never really dug robot animals much). I remember when I was a kid I built one out of lego. ahh, good times.

Having real doubts on this one. Anybody getting the Dygenguar and Aussenseiter set?

They look beyond AWESOME combined... but the perfect transformation horse mode (as in "not with the swappable head and legs") looks rather lacking for such an expensive SOC.

Same here, not sure if I want to pay this sort of money for both of them. Hope Banadi will release a standalone Dygenguar version.

The horse mode from Assenseiter looks a bit 'short' and too many swapping parts.