Wait...does that dude transform into a horse?

I'm not feeling these guys... I don't like robots who can't sit down because they have forty jagged edges and spikes coming out of them on every side...

Pete

MP Grimlock is an obvious buy.

But so are a number of other SOCs, irrespective of MP Grimlock.

I'm now waiting on my Daimos, and will definitely be getting the GX-04S. I saw a review of that Greinder and All Speizer Set a while back and it is awesome.

I guess that - aestheticaly speaking - I much prefer the old retro super robots to something like Horse-Man and his rider...sorry...but I forgot their names...Dbogouguler and Ggfrtstpler... ? :)

Pete

I'm not feeling Horsey McMan either, but I'm glad the fans of that character(s?) are getting what is sure to be a great toy. I just want to see some prototype pics of Daitarn already. I'm starting to get worried.

MP Grimlock is an obvious buy.

But so are a number of other SOCs, irrespective of MP Grimlock.

I'm now waiting on my Daimos, and will definitely be getting the GX-04S. I saw a review of that Greinder and All Speizer Set a while back and it is awesome.

I guess that - aestheticaly speaking - I much prefer the old retro super robots to something like Horse-Man and his rider...sorry...but I forgot their names...Dbogouguler and Ggfrtstpler... ? :)

Pete

I like the robot with the sword but the horse dude is really not that special....How much is it?

Also I have gotten into a lot of SOC as of Late. I ordered the Minerva Angel robot thingy, the Gaiking Mayru with the dinosaur thingy....

and (want to tell VFTF1 Im happy to see that he was able to sell his SOC GX31) GX-31V respect for the Volts in Box.

But what I really want and have been surprised no one has mentioned it here is the Vehicle Voltron. This really needs the bandai SOC treatment. The vehicles did have their chogokin counterpart in the 80s just dont know why Bandai has avoided this. This would be GREAT!!!!!!

sell his SOC GX31

Thanks, but it wasn't "mine" - it was excess inventory :) I still have mine and love it very much :)

As for what I really want to see... Gurren Lagann! With transformable Gurren and Lagann that can seperate and a whole butt load of awesome gimmicks.

Technically, Bandai could make it so that Gurren Lagann can be converted from Full Drilled to Arc Gurren Lagann even.

As long as they ignore the scale problem, and just load the set with all of the proper pieces, they could make them attachable/interchangable.

Oh - but Arc Gurren Lagann would have to also transform :)

Hmm....

In any event - that is my DREAM SOC at this point.

Pete

and Getter Poseidon.

Ahhh!!!!!!!!! You LUCKY lucky man!

I've dreamed of Getter Poseidon ever since his starring role in the online Super Robot Soap Opera comic "As Cybertron Turns"

He is on my must have list :)

Pete

Ahhh!!!!!!!!! You LUCKY lucky man!

I've dreamed of Getter Poseidon ever since his starring role in the online Super Robot Soap Opera comic "As Cybertron Turns"

He is on my must have list :)

Pete

I'm surprised you didnt ket the konami. I think that was done in tandum with bandai. That think is sweet but expensvie

Also Eureka needs the SOC DX treatment as its a kawamori transforming mech

F&*%in bandai and their obsession with Gundam

I'm with ya on this one pete, the next big ultimate would the Gurren Lagann SOC. :D

Thanks, but it wasn't "mine" - it was excess inventory :) I still have mine and love it very much :)

As for what I really want to see... Gurren Lagann! With transformable Gurren and Lagann that can seperate and a whole butt load of awesome gimmicks.

Technically, Bandai could make it so that Gurren Lagann can be converted from Full Drilled to Arc Gurren Lagann even.

As long as they ignore the scale problem, and just load the set with all of the proper pieces, they could make them attachable/interchangable.

Oh - but Arc Gurren Lagann would have to also transform :)

Hmm....

In any event - that is my DREAM SOC at this point.

Pete

was cleaning my cab and decided to take a quick pic of my SOCs and others before i put them back (apologies for the crappy pic)... it's not much, since i only get the ones that really appeal to me and i can actually remember from my childhood days... :)

post-8437-1237437578_thumb.jpg

i just need an SOC Gunbuster and a Mazinkaiser (hard to find these w/ fair prices these days)... and of course the new Shin Maz SOC... ^_^

was cleaning my cab and decided to take a quick pic of my SOCs and others before i put them back (apologies for the crappy pic)... it's not much, since i only get the ones that really appeal to me and i can actually remember from my childhood days... :)

post-8437-1237437578_thumb.jpg

i just need an SOC Gunbuster and a Mazinkaiser (hard to find these w/ fair prices these days)... and of course the new Shin Maz SOC... ^_^

Haha! I see you made your Lagann and gang posed like my avatar. I hope it wasn't too difficult to achieve that. Took me several hours just to pose Yoko to look natural. ^_^

haha! yeah, i did... hope you won't mind... but i couldn't really see in your avatar where you positioned Yoko's legs so i had to improvise... didn't take me long coz i had Simon scoot over to the side so i can put one of Yoko's legs inside the cockpit and lodge the gap on the inside of her knee of her other leg to the edge of the cockpit for balance... balancing Boota was much harder, had to use a bit of blutack... :)

the blutack actually works well... Boota hasn't fallen off yet... (knocks on wood)

after looking closely i can see that it's Yoko's butt that you put inside the cockpit and her legs are folded up while my Yoko is sitting on that booster backpack thing on Lagann's back and one leg is inside the cockpit... still, thanks for the avatar idea... ;)

Edited by m0n5t3r

the blutack actually works well... Boota hasn't fallen off yet... (knocks on wood)

after looking closely i can see that it's Yoko's butt that you put inside the cockpit and her legs are folded up while my Yoko is sitting on that booster backpack thing on Lagann's back and one leg is inside the cockpit... still, thanks for the avatar idea... ;)

Yup, and her right leg is put on top of Lagann's back vent. It's the only place that makes sense to achieve that pose. Here's a close up for you to see. Sorry for the bad quality.

post-7892-1237448231_thumb.jpg

Edit - actually looking closer now, I realised that the pic I posted above is a revised posture. On the old Yoko pose, I can't leave her rifle slanted like that because it keeps falling off. Her hands are too loose.

Edited by mr.chogokin

So I got Poseidon, Great Maz, and Garada last night, and these toys are phenomenal... Maz and Garada could really use a touch more ankle motion to stand stably IMO in some poses, but are otherwise amazing... Garada's simple and clean with a menacing look, and Great Mazinger has so much to do! My favorite is hands down Getter Poseidon tho, which is funny as he was a last minute decision after I was initially looking Great Maz first, but Poseidon is just so simple and fun, with amazing articulation and balance for having circular feet. I just wish his launchers could swivel up onto his shoulders like on the Popy toy, but that's minor.

I have one question tho... have people noticed any loosening up of the joint that holds the lower legs or tank treads in place? I'm just worried alot of swapping could loosen the clip in there, altho I haven't really looked up in there to see how the clip works. I can't leave this figure alone, and I just want to make sure it'll hold up OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Select Chogokins are 50% off at HLJ!

Combattler V is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban62695

Voltes V is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban939672

Jeeg is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban952713

Reideen is 40% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban950080

Edited by UN Spacy

Select Chogokins are 50% off at HLJ!

Combattler V is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban62695

Voltes V is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban939672

Jeeg is 50% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban952713

Reideen is 40% off

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban950080

HLJ, YOU SUCK!

I'm trying not to spend money here. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

got myself a voltes v last sunday.

chose it over grimlock. grimlock just

looks to plasticky to me.

didn't like the voltes v at first.

must be because i was comparing

it to my valks. but it kinda grows

on you. i'm really digging the heft

which is so lacking in the valks.

I got the new Voltes a few weeks before getting Grimlock. While I love both, I can honestly say Grimlock brings me more joy. But really they are such different toys that it's like comparing Snapple & oranges.

I'm also F I N A L L Y getting an Ideon today. Kept putting him off for the longest time and then suddenly realized how stupid I was for not having him. Luckily he was (and still is) on sale at Lost & Found for $160. :)