also found this at the robotjapan boards

From what I can read from the pic, I think the new stuff are:

1) A tank mode (Voltes Juusensha).

2) New colors, similar to the original toy.

3) Both the Frigate and Lander will have new antenna units.

4) The Panzer will have a new caterpillar frame.

5) New Voltes Bazooka and Chain Knuckle.

voltesv.jpg

i really must have this version

Edited by Vegas

We all went through this phase when we were kids super robots, then real robots. Lets see if he`ll lean towards super robots or real robots.

He likes playing with 1/55 Chunkey Monkeys. I've given him my 2002 reisssue VF-1A CF and vF-1J Hikaru. He also likes the Bandai VF-17S/D, cus' he can transform them by himself.

He's not into watching SDFM yet, too much talking, although he likes to watch the action scenes in Frontier.

I gave him my SOC Combattler V about half a year ago and he loves it. Lots of paint chips now though and the 2 head antennas have long broken off.

Graham

Hmm...yes...well...I must admit I am not an L-Gaim fan... never saw the anime; maybe if I did then I'd have a different opinion... but over all it's just too...er...regular and sleak at the same time...the design is kind of banal. Doesn't really move me either way...

I guess I'm more of a retro fellow.

VFTF1

Not directly SOC-related and a little late to the picnic but I just got Yamato's Groizer-X from their GN-U Hagane line and wow, wow, wow, WOW this is a great toy! I mention it here because this is seriously at SOC level in terms of sculpt, fit, finish, accessories, die-cast content and overall presentation (the box itself turns into a freakin' launch pad/base!). It's a parts-former, but it really has to be since there is not realistic way to morph flat angular wings into cylindrical limbs. Parts forming is at a minium with just the arms and legs being swapped for wings and rear jet. It's just about the freakiest looking jet you'll ever see, which is exactly why I love it. I'll cut the review short and just direct you to CollectionDX for Sanjeev's excellent comprehensive review with tons of pics.

I'll be following Yamato's GN-U Hagane line very closely, especially with Danguard on deck. If you love the super robot toys in the SOC line, you'll love Groizer. right now is a good time to nab one because BBTS has them on sale: $115 for the green one (that's the one I got) and $120 for the standard black one.

Not directly SOC-related and a little late to the picnic but I just got Yamato's Groizer-X from their GN-U Hagane line and wow, wow, wow, WOW this is a great toy! I mention it here because this is seriously at SOC level in terms of sculpt, fit, finish, accessories, die-cast content and overall presentation (the box itself turns into a freakin' launch pad/base!). It's a parts-former, but it really has to be since there is not realistic way to morph flat angular wings into cylindrical limbs. Parts forming is at a minium with just the arms and legs being swapped for wings and rear jet. It's just about the freakiest looking jet you'll ever see, which is exactly why I love it. I'll cut the review short and just direct you to CollectionDX for Sanjeev's excellent comprehensive review with tons of pics.

I'll be following Yamato's GN-U Hagane line very closely, especially with Danguard on deck. If you love the super robot toys in the SOC line, you'll love Groizer. right now is a good time to nab one because BBTS has them on sale: $115 for the green one (that's the one I got) and $120 for the standard black one.

I'll bet SHE could do a PT version :p. Lazy Yamato! ;)

My one complaint with the Groizier is that, with the amount of swapping involved, you almost feel like Yamato could have just put two separate toys in the box. At least then you'd be able to display both modes!

It's cool that more and more companies are expanding into each other's markets though. CM's into Gokins and plastic Origami S.H.E. style pieces, Yamato into small action figures and Die Cast Gokins, Bandai into, well, everything. There are all kinds of options for figures you wouldn't have imagined would ever get made.

Heh, I had the same thought last night when I was playing with Groizer, but I'm glad they didn't go the route of two seperate toys because I like the small amount of transformation involved with the chest piece. But yeah, it's one walnut-sized piece away from two seperate toys.

As for Yamato branching out to gokins, they've done it before but on a lesser scale. Several years ago they had a line of diecast super robots called "Heros" or something like that. I have their Mazinger from that line and even though it's not as big or as extravagent as a SOC it is a very, very nice toy and solid as a hammer.

Yeah, I bought him the Philippine Voltes V VCD set, which is dubbed in English last Christmas.

He loves old super robot shows, like Mazinger, Great Mazinger and Combattler V.

Graham

Oh man, his head is gonna be filled with all those catchy themes... I still can't get rid of them after all these years...

It's a parts-former, but it really has to be since there is not realistic way to morph flat angular wings into cylindrical limbs.

Designers from Studio Half Eye would probably disagree with you. :p

I'm starting to be tempted by that line. I really love vintage robots.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I noticed that a couple of ebay stores out of the West coast have decent deals on the SOC Gunbuster GX-34. Or, what I consider my personal Holy Grail of Gunbuster toys. :D They are US listings so the shipping is reasonable. Best price I've found so far since it was released a couple of years ago. I missed the boat when it was first released. I'm expecting mine to come in any day now. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOC-GX-34-Soul-of-Chog...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Soul-of-Chogoki...id=p3286.c0.m14

FYI, I noticed that a couple of ebay stores out of the West coast have decent deals on the SOC Gunbuster GX-34. Or, what I consider my personal Holy Grail of Gunbuster toys. :D They are US listings so the shipping is reasonable. Best price I've found so far since it was released a couple of years ago. I missed the boat when it was first released. I'm expecting mine to come in any day now. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOC-GX-34-Soul-of-Chog...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Soul-of-Chogoki...id=p3286.c0.m14

Wow, I wonder why the sudden price drop? The few Gunbusters that I usually see on ebay are hitting the $240+ mark with shipping. Nice to see some within a more reasonable price range... right after I bought one off someone second-hand for almost that price :lol: . Then again, I'm getting a Gold Lightan in the deal, so I'll call it good.

• 3 weeks later...