On 7/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, hachi said:

So what happens if it gets taxed? Do I pay Buyee or DHL (this is my preferred option) or do I have to go pick it up and pay in person? With Covid-19 around I don't want to go out (yes I think it will still be a concern next year.)

if you ship via Fedex or DHL and the shipment is taxed by customs upon arrival, Fedex/DHL will collect any tax due from you when they deliver at your door if the seller hasn't already charge you tax deposit upon purchase (eg. Buyee and most other sellers like HLJ/HS/Amiami). if the seller already withheld tax (eg. Amazon JP charged you a tax deposit), then likely Fedex and DHL won't collect any tax from you unless there was an additional assessment by customs. for all other shipping methods (including EMS, ironically) you will need to pick up and pay tax personally, except if the seller already withheld tax and customs deemed it sufficient. 

On 7/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Man, I'm just reeling from the nostalgia bomb sh9000 dropped.  It's sad that Bandai will most likely not make any matching Boazanian enemies for this Voltes to battle with. Maybe next gen Sofubis?

at least they included a Bozanian saucer.

i guess my cats can take turns as monster of the week.

EcP4IBtUEAErosX.jpg

14 hours ago, Major Focker said:

if you ship via Fedex or DHL and the shipment is taxed by customs upon arrival, Fedex/DHL will collect any tax due from you when they deliver at your door if the seller hasn't already charge you tax deposit upon purchase (eg. Buyee and most other sellers like HLJ/HS/Amiami). if the seller already withheld tax (eg. Amazon JP charged you a tax deposit), then likely Fedex and DHL won't collect any tax from you unless there was an additional assessment by customs. for all other shipping methods (including EMS, ironically) you will need to pick up and pay tax personally, except if the seller already withheld tax and customs deemed it sufficient. 

Thanks that cleared that up for me. I'll wait a bit see if there's any opening from HLJ etc.

3 hours ago, F360 said:

I love Black wing but the old Dancouga needs a update. I’ll save money with the sentinel but appreciate the links Incase I change my mind 

14 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I love Black wing but the old Dancouga needs a update. I’ll save money with the sentinel but appreciate the links Incase I change my mind 

HLJ's got a pre-order for a renewal version up: https://www.hlj.com/chogokin-damashii-gx-13r-super-beast-machine-god-dancouga-renewal-version-bans60727

2 hours ago, mark-1s said:

No I’ve seen that one.  The Top looks alright but the legs throw off the look. That and the lack of waist swivel/ab crunch just ruin it for me. It needs a straight 2.0. Black wing doesn’t deserve this lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hachi said:

How big is a SOC box (esp. with shipping box)? Amazon has listed the Voltes V dimensions as 2.5 x 20.3 x 35.6 cm but I doubt that's the whole package. Any ideas?

DX Mazinger 26x17x13 in

On 8/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, hachi said:

How big is a SOC box (esp. with shipping box)? Amazon has listed the Voltes V dimensions as 2.5 x 20.3 x 35.6 cm but I doubt that's the whole package. Any ideas?

that's just the assembled figure, which is advertised at being almost 36 cm tall.

for comparison, the similarly sized DX Combattler had box dimensions of 46.6cm x 42.4cm x 32.5cm / 6440g

but since this V5 includes a Big Falcon display base, it's likely going to be a longer box, closer to what sqidd mentioned for the Mazinger, which also had a big display unit.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:36 AM, sqidd said:

DX Mazinger 26x17x13 in

On 8/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, Major Focker said:

that's just the assembled figure, which is advertised at being almost 36 cm tall.

for comparison, the similarly sized DX Combattler had box dimensions of 46.6cm x 42.4cm x 32.5cm / 6440g

but since this V5 includes a Big Falcon display base, it's likely going to be a longer box, closer to what sqidd mentioned for the Mazinger, which also had a big display unit.

Thanks! That gives me some idea about the shipping cost.

2 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

1/144 scale made mostly with titanium. Too rich for my blood.

Titanium is not expensive enough to justify that price. That's insane.

And what is the point of making it out of titanium anyway? It needs to be light weight why?:unknw:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Titanium is not expensive enough to justify that price. That's insane.

And what is the point of making it out of titanium anyway? It needs to be light weight why?:unknw:

Because the original Gundam was made of lunar titanium.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...