1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Finally got a pre order in at BBTS for Getter Robo Soul of Chogokin GX-87 Getter Emperor. Their price was better than I expected

I couldn’t pull the trigger on that one.  For $200 bucks and 22cm he’s barely bigger than SoC Getter Robo and Emperors supposed to be a big ass spaceship.  I want him to be as big as SoC Voltron, Daltanious, Iron Gear or GaoGaiGar.  Pass until it’s cheaper.  

39 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

I couldn’t pull the trigger on that one.  For $200 bucks and 22cm he’s barely bigger than SoC Getter Robo and Emperors supposed to be a big ass spaceship.  I want him to be as big as SoC Voltron, Daltanious, Iron Gear or GaoGaiGar.  Pass until it’s cheaper.  

Normally I'd completely agree. The way I look at it is Gx-46 Dygenguar & Aussenseiter was not big at all in robot mode and I payed alot more for that one. With prices nowadays I think 220 is pretty good.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Thanks for that heads-up about the Swordfish on CD Japan, just picked one up there.  Demand not too insane apparently, they should have 4 left now.

No problem, I forgot about it entirely until I got the CDJ email about new Bandai stuff.

I might've been engaging in a bit of hyperbole. (I DEFINITELY wouldn't pay SoC prices for the stand without a really good robot toy.) But I do love the display stand, and feel it compliments the main toy in a way that few such stands do.

I might've been engaging in a bit of hyperbole. (I DEFINITELY wouldn't pay SoC prices for the stand without a really good robot toy.) But I do love the display stand, and feel it compliments the main toy in a way that few such stands do.

Really? I feel like SoC stands in general are just great in the fact that they all really fit the character but the stylization of Gunbuster's really does stand out. It's an aspect of the line that I personally underrate, even.  The Max Gokin stands are also something else; specifically Mazinkaiser.

-----------------

Circling back to the actual products though,  I'm at a conundrum... I've held SoC Voltron as the best in the line for a while now but I look at the insane engineering, advanced articulation, accessories, awesome stand, and even how clean the robot mode is kept for the transfornation involved and I really have to ask myself if Gunbuster isn't technically BETTER than Voltron.

Really? I feel like SoC stands in general are just great in the fact that they all really fit the character but the stylization of Gunbuster's really does stand out. It's an aspect of the line that I personally underrate, even.  The Max Gokin stands are also something else; specifically Mazinkaiser.

-----------------

Circling back to the actual products though,  I'm at a conundrum... I've held SoC Voltron as the best in the line for a while now but I look at the insane engineering, advanced articulation, accessories, awesome stand, and even how clean the robot mode is kept for the transfornation involved and I really have to ask myself if Gunbuster isn't technically BETTER than Voltron.

I love Voltron but the Gunbuster is the better toy. Only because robot form Voltron has the lion legs. That bothers me now because it's not like that in the anime. For some reason it didn't bother me that much as a kid. I guess because I just had a solid feeling Voltron. For me Gunbuster will be better until the hopeful Action line Voltron is released.

@JetJockey Honestly, Gunbuster murders Voltron in every category minus the squeaky clean combined mode of Golion. I think this honestly may be the most articulated SoC while having one of the more complex transformations as well. ab crunch, butterflying shoulders, etc... GunBuster is just miraculous. Hell, I realized so much about this thing pulling it back out that I actually bought a second which got here today:

3-293.png 

4-267.png

@JetJockey Honestly, Gunbuster murders Voltron in every category minus the squeaky clean combined mode of Golion. I think this honestly may be the most articulated SoC while having one of the more complex transformations as well. ab crunch, butterflying shoulders, etc... GunBuster is just miraculous. Hell, I realized so much about this thing pulling it back out that I actually bought a second which got here today:

3-293.png 

4-267.png

I think you are the guy that has multiples of a few figures so you can show both vehicle and robot mode. At least I remember seeing a setup like that with them in glass cases. I want to try that with a few characters one day. What are your top 5 or so chogokin or transforming robots?

I think you are the guy that has multiples of a few figures so you can show both vehicle and robot mode. At least I remember seeing a setup like that with them in glass cases. I want to try that with a few characters one day. What are your top 5 or so chogokin or transforming robots?

That's a helluva question and honestly I'm actually going to have to take some time and think on that one.

1glow-22.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Star Gaogaigar CMS version  complete ver 2 (#25) for just $50.00. Sure it ain't the Bandai version but quite a find given the technology when it was first realised.

Other SoC I got are General Daimos (his panels were already scratched straight from the box and that painted shoulder joint(WTF?!)) Aside from those issues, amazing recreation of the anime figure (head swapping ain't a biggie)

My 2nd is Danguard Ace. Hands down awesome, despite his size.

3rd is Mirai Daltanious. Another amazing fig. Too bad he got non of those spikey yoyos.

4th Default Aflodai, Venus and Minerva. Can't seem to find Diana with enough cash on my card at the same time.

Next target would be Brave Raideen

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 7:14 PM, Kuma Style said:

3-293.png 

4-267.png

I was thinking about getting a second myself just to display the Buster Machines.