I preordered out of impulse from HLJ. :unsure:

https://hlj.com/product/BANN19252
Y52725

I wonder if this is articulated like the rest of SOC? All the sample photos only show standing position in robot mode. Well, I have to think this through and decide if I need to cancel it. If it were only Voltes V... ^_^

Anyone preordered?

^ Wow. HLJ is already at order stop. 

I think I prefer the smaller SoC scaling, although there is something nostalgic about the DX SoC releases--and Combattler V in particular. It reminds me of the Bandai America Godaikin of yesteryear. The price is up there though and I have a crowded fun budget already, so I'll be settling for the pics this time.

5 hours ago, technoblue said:

^ Wow. HLJ is already at order stop. 

I think I prefer the smaller SoC scaling, although there is something nostalgic about the DX SoC releases--and Combattler V in particular. It reminds me of the Bandai America Godaikin of yesteryear. The price is up there though and I have a crowded fun budget already, so I'll be settling for the pics this time.

Seeing that it stopped I'm not so sure now if I'm going to cancel it. Though I offered it to a friend who like Combattler V and he might be interested with this scale just in case. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, hachi said:

Y52725 is too much. Though I will be mad at myself for being poor if it was Voltes V they were selling...

True. And not knowing too if it's super articulated or not. But like I said earlier, if it's Voltes V, I'm into it 110%. And I'm going to make sure I'll find budget for it. Hahaha! :lol: 

59 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks cheaper within US. How reliable are they esp for preordering? Do they cover all orders somehow?

Thanks!

Eknight is a awsome place , i preorder from them many times without issues, they have a amazon store too. Their 3% rewards credit is nice too.
Its too bad they are located in California, so i will have to pay tax if i order from them.

Dancouga renewal is awesome. The Dancouga may not be everyone's favorite mech, but he's pretty cool, and it is nice to see him back on the market.

If I didn't already own one of the original version, I would be all over the renewal edition.  In fact, Dancouga is one of exactly two SoCs I own.

For the most part, I'm happy to watch you guys post photos. But he cut an imposing enough figure that I felt he needed a place on my shelf.

Good thing I'm not into Mazinger...I spent my extra money this month on graphic novels. After a few pages I just quit browsing the stuff on sale as I don't have the budget anyway. Maybe I'll have better luck in the HLJ Christmas sale.

when i got my DX Mazinger i thought the DX designation was for the "deluxe" extras, ie. hangar base and removable body panels. for some reason i just chalked up the height difference with other SOCs due to Mazinger being bigger canon-wise. now i know better.

PO'd Combattler locally for $460. got curious about the scale, and it seems 35cm works out to 1/160 scale. should be a lot of fun for N-scale (1/150) dioramas ;)

26 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

when i got my DX Mazinger i thought the DX designation was for the "deluxe" extras, ie. hangar base and removable body panels. for some reason i just chalked up the height difference with other SOCs due to Mazinger being bigger canon-wise. now i know better.

PO'd Combattler locally for $460. got curious about the scale, and it seems 35cm works out to 1/160 scale. should be a lot of fun for N-scale (1/150) dioramas ;)

Ooh. $460? Where?

6 hours ago, Major Focker said:

GreatToys

What?! Malvin is selling this for just $460 there? :shok: Oh man! Wish I was back there again. Hehehe. ^_^

I wonder how much if ever he ships it here? Hmmm.

Edited by no3Ljm

that's net of the 10% members' discount. P25K PO price, 5K down, 10% off total applies on arrival if cash. another 2% if arrival coincides with one of his (increasingly) frequent promos.

they've closed down the Shoppesville store last week and are moving to V-mall, so i helped myself to a number of items that were 25% off. drooling yet? :p

if only his valk pricing policy was the same...

i usually come in early to get parking so i've only talked to him a couple of times, and never really introduced myself. he probably doesn't know i have at least a dozen PO slips at any one time.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:46 PM, JB0 said:

Dancouga renewal is awesome. The Dancouga may not be everyone's favorite mech, but he's pretty cool, and it is nice to see him back on the market.

If I didn't already own one of the original version, I would be all over the renewal edition.  In fact, Dancouga is one of exactly two SoCs I own.

For the most part, I'm happy to watch you guys post photos. But he cut an imposing enough figure that I felt he needed a place on my shelf.

Is there any differences with the renewal? I notice they add a r to the gx number, something the macross dxs don't do with reissues.

11 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

that's net of the 10% members' discount. P25K PO price, 5K down, 10% off total applies on arrival if cash. another 2% if arrival coincides with one of his (increasingly) frequent promos.

they've closed down the Shoppesville store last week and are moving to V-mall, so i helped myself to a number of items that were 25% off. drooling yet? :p

if only his valk pricing policy was the same...

i usually come in early to get parking so i've only talked to him a couple of times, and never really introduced myself. he probably doesn't know i have at least a dozen PO slips at any one time.

Oh. Shoppesville? That's the one in Ayala Makati, right? If it is, I used to buy there before. And yes, I'm drooling to all of your 25% off purchases. Hahaha! :p

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Is there any differences with the renewal? I notice they add a r to the gx number, something the macross dxs don't do with reissues.

Writeup I saw said it had a new more toon-accurate head that could be used instead of the folded-up Eagle Fighter, and a vague statement about improved joints. Didn't see a picture of the head.

• 1 month later...

amzn has their po up for Pacific Rim bots:

SOC GX-77 Gipsy Danger

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Chogokin-Action/dp/B0741DDHFF

US$269.99 (plus sales-tax)

2/23/18

The robot spirits Gipsy Avenger  :

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Spirits-Avenger/dp/B0741DWSZY

US$23.99 (plus sales-tax):

2/23/18

Not sure if the import-shops will be cheaper or not.

7 hours ago, treatment said:

amzn has their po up for Pacific Rim bots:

SOC GX-77 Gipsy Danger

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Chogokin-Action/dp/B0741DDHFF

US$269.99 (plus sales-tax)

2/23/18

The robot spirits Gipsy Avenger  :

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Spirits-Avenger/dp/B0741DWSZY

US$23.99 (plus sales-tax):

2/23/18

Not sure if the import-shops will be cheaper or not.

Dang it, I would have been more inclined to pre-order at Amazon. But...

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'm all in for anything and everything Pacific Rim related that Bandai decides to put out, Chogokin, Robot Spirits, all of it!

Chogokin for sure!

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

...I ordered from BBTS because I got the pre-order notification in my email.

57 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Gipsy Danger comes with the ship-club!?!?  SOLD!!!!

Ha, ha - right!

-b.

4 hours ago, barurutor said:

so the japan webshops will have also POs for SOC Gypsy Danger? Color me interested...

22040-yen at ami po later tonite for GX-77 Gipsy Danger:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-031840

Still a bit too expensive for a 230mm SOC even with lights and stuff, but it's a better pricing than amazon-us.

Check/post other sites' po-pages/pricing when you can.

Wonder how much the actual shipping-fee will be.

I'm anticipating around 5200y EMS, tho...

edit/add:

cdj shipping-fees estimates for US-destinations:

EMS = 3700y

Reg-AirMail = 3420y

AirMail = 3010y

Reg-SAL = 2110y

SAL = 1700y

It will most likely vary from other shops. Especially for EU and other non-US destinations.

Edited by treatment