• 3 weeks later...

So... is it written somewhere that if Bandai doesn't release a new Mazinger Z toy every year, the Earth will fall into the sun or something?

Best not to put that to the test. At least not before the end of Delta.

My avatar pic approves of these posts and that supa-puncho effect looks awesome!

I wish they sold those as add on effects to previous chogokin releases.

oh-my-takei.gif

Well that's bought on site. Now my Legacy Megazord can just stay combined with the Legacy Dragonzord and Titanus. I think it's funny Bandai is marketing this guy and Voltron towards the western audience, since most people in Japan seem to care less about either of these mechs or series, it's even labeled as Megazord instead of Daizyujin.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn for a moment I was hoping the new post would be about SOC Daizyujin and when the date pre-orders go live.

I'm passing on this Mazinger. I already have 3 of them in SRC form, including Mazinkaiser. Plus this new one kind of looks a bit odd for some reason. Also the SRC has better elbow joints that collapsed for further bend; also it's not impossible that this one could have something similar, but the pics don't show any evidence other than the hinge used for that weird upper arms cannon thing.

Edited by Heatwave

I'm passing on this Mazinger. I already have 3 of them in SRC form, including Mazinkaiser. Plus this new one kind of looks a bit odd for some reason.

He has longer forearms and lower legs than is usual, I think. Gives him a lankier appearance.

He has longer forearms and lower legs than is usual, I think. Gives him a lankier appearance.

That's probably it.

Also how do you guys think the knee articulation will work on SOC Daizyujin? The Tyrannosaurus appears to have hollow thighs, so I'm wondering it there'll be a some sort of transformation to give Daizyujin a proper knee bend. Or maybe it's just to give the thighs a more compact appearance and there'll either be an additional joint to attach, or the leg zords will have the joint tucked inside them.

• 1 month later...

GX-72 at 27480y at ami's tonite (1600-JST):

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-023215

edit:

Btw, might be a bit cheaper to get it locally via amzn-us as their preorder-page for it is already up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZNJOUJ/

US$299.99

June 15, 2017 release

In contrast, japan-release is April-2017 and will definitely be EMS or FEDEX shipping-fees for it.

Seems not listed on amazn-ca as of yet, tho.

Edited by treatment

It can't go for pre-order tonight! I need to go shopping! Ugh! HLJ when!!

Also I really want to know how far the knee bends in battle mode, because while I'll still buy it, it'd suck if it can't bend back at all

Can anyone who read Japanese confirm whether the sketch notes mention the knees at all. The english text only mentions the tyrannosaurus mode knees, not the combined form.

http://tamashii.jp/special/daizyujin/en/index.html

Edited by Heatwave

• 2 weeks later...