Just coz Super Robot Chogokin GaoFighGar was an irresistible $37 at amzn a couple of weeks ago...

:D

Scaled with SRC God Sigma (which cost me 5680y back in april :angry::5: )

It was a awesome deal , I was so tempted to get it and I don't even own 1 Gao---gar stuff.

Since the SoC Gunbuster seems to be readily available I decided that I need it in my collection (awesome reasoning isn't it?). Is there anything to watch out for like easily breakable parts or problems in the joints/transformation?

Would you say that the SoC Gunbuster is a toy worth owning if you can only have one transforming Soul of Chogokin toy in your collections or are there other toys that translate the SoC design philosophy better?

Just coz Super Robot Chogokin GaoFighGar was an irresistible $37 at amzn a couple of weeks ago...

*snip*

:D

Scaled with SRC God Sigma (which cost me 5680y back in april :angry::5: )

I finally had some quality time with my SRC GaoFighGar this weekend. I'm not a fan of the ball joint in the torso. It just seems to be a but to week for the massive backpack. I also think that the metal in the legs could be a bit less because it is really heave. Gives him a good stand and heft though.

Now I'm waiting for my Genesic GaoGaiGar that is sitting in a warehouse at the moment. I try to determine if I want to get the other SRC toys form GaoGaiGar. Bandai never release a transformed Mic Sounders did they?

Wait what.....this is a recent release. What's with that major markdown? I'd get it if i didn't already have the original release.

There seems to be either an over-supply or low-demand for this GunBuster for some odd reason :unsure:

The local shops over here are pricing down their stock for it too (which doesn't occur often, much less for a new release.)

Yeah. I think it's been shelfwarming since release.

I thought I read somewhere the japanese fans didn't like that it seems it was just a re-color at a higher pricing.

This seems to be be the third SOC to shelfwarm after GX-68 and GX-69.

At any rate, nice discount at CDJ. The shipping-fee is too high, tho, at either EMS or SAL-Parcel.

I actually cancelled my CDJapan Gunbuster preorder due to their revised EMS cost.

EMS is overly expensive with CDJapan.

Other places have it for 20k yen + 4700 yen.

As great as their customer service is, I honestly think CDJapan should put a no cancellation policy on expensive items.

This is contrary to the egotistical Amiami and Nippon Yasan.

Edited by calubin_175

I actually cancelled my CDJapan Gunbuster preorder due to their revised EMS cost.

EMS is overly expensive with CDJapan.

Other places have it for 20k yen + 4700 yen.

As great as their customer service is, I honestly think CDJapan should put a no cancellation policy on expensive items.

This is contrary to the egotistical Amiami and Nippon Yasan.

I have cancelled with AmiAmi and NY before with no reprimand....despite what they say on the terms and conditions. Just saying its not something they actually enforce with an iron fist.

• 3 weeks later...