Macross Fan Creations

yellowlightman

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on a website for Macross World members who create fan works, toy customs, model kits or 3d models. I've noticed that a lot of these creative MW members don't have the know-how or time to create their own websites for hosting their art, and instead are forced to link to back pages or upload pictures in the test forum.

My site allows MW members to create their own image galleries and upload their own images which they can use as hosting space, or simply a location to show off their art. All of the pictures are uploaded by the members through a web-interface (similar to the MW forums), and also allows them to write descriptions of their artwork and include any notes.

The site is hosted on my own server, and is free to any MW members. No annoying pop-up ads or banners, no chronic Geocities downtime. Basically it's just a way of giving something to the MW community, with the hopes that people will continue to produce more awesome fan creations.

I won't ramble on too much, and a picture is worth a thousand words so check out the website itself here.

If you're interested in getting an account, PM me with the user name you'd like and I'll shoot you a PM back once you're registered with more info about the site. Remember, the site isn't just for fan artists! Any type of fan creation (toy customs, model kits, 3d models) are welcome.

Thanks

Great job on that, Sean!!! I uploaded some pics already and it's really easy to use. I encourage other artists to do the same so we can have a true archive of the macrossworld fan art!

I also encourage all the customizers and and 3D modellers to post their arts and pics on there. It would be nice to support something this cool.

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes.  :)

Just saw the program (Coppermine) and went "hrmm..."

Heh, no prob there, dude. After all, it's my own fault if I'm gone too long...

Best of luck to you and your site. We need stuff like that.

BTW, I haven't posted this in the models or toys section, but model kit makers and toy customizers are definately welcome! Gotta have some variety, you know.  :lol:

BTW, I don't have custom model but I have a VF-2SS variant that I did with Photoshop and a visitor to my site (and member of the old MWF) made it into a model. Can I post that too?

Heh, no prob there, dude. After all, it's my own fault if I'm gone too long...

Best of luck to you and your site. We need stuff like that.

BTW, I don't have custom model but I have a VF-2SS variant that I did with Photoshop and a visitor to my site (and member of the old MWF) made it into a model. Can I post that too?

I'd glad to see your back, I love you site.. can't wait to see new updates. :)

Sounds good about the VF-2SS, just PM me with a desire user name and I'll set you up.

Just a quick update guys, I checked out my bandwidth info for this month (September) for all of my sites combined I only went a little over 1gig. I have a 12 gig limit so we're good to go, no need to worry about cutting back, right now anyways. Come January I'll probably be upgrading to their next highest service which will double my space and my bandwidth, which will be even sweeter.

Great works your guys, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
Um i think some editing is in order.

Lightning06 has been posting things that are not macrossfanworks related in any way - like old cars.

here is an example lol.

normal_Three%20Quarter%20Front%20cropped.jpg

I was going to PM Yellowlightman about this, but since it's in the open...

...I completely agree. Yellowlightman created this great site to post fan creations, not to post pics of your automobile. Next thing you know someone will be posting the results of their colonoscopy.

• 2 months later...

Cross overs and versus art is fine. If you want an account, PM me with the user name you want. You dont have to put art into it immediately, but if you leave it sitting around empty for too long I might delete it. But probably won't. er... just PM me for an account. :lol:

Seriously, I'm pretty laid back about it so unless you post stuff groissly offtopic or abuse the service... I don't care much.

• 4 weeks later...

My MySQL databses went AWOL on me. That basically means the three photo albums, car club forum and all my blogging backend is gone. This unfortunately includes Macross Fan Creations as well. The rest of my site is up, and I have no idea why my databases just dispeared.

Hopefully they'll be able to restore them with a backup, but there's a chance they might not be able to. Give me a few more days and I'll post an update on the situation. Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry about this. :(

My MySQL databses went AWOL on me. That basically means the three photo albums, car club forum and all my blogging backend is gone. This unfortunately includes Macross Fan Creations as well. The rest of my site is up, and I have no idea why my databases just dispeared.

Hopefully they'll be able to restore them with a backup, but there's a chance they might not be able to. Give me a few more days and I'll post an update on the situation. Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry about this. :(

It's back up... no worries. I checked my folders and everything seems to be there. Maybe other artists should check their own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I would love to join youre site I was recomended by bake art. if theirs any room for a macross fan artist! thanxs

• 10 months later...

Hey guys check out my character drawings from Macorss. Hope you like them :):)

P.S for all you guys still anxious to see my personal redesign of the VF-1, I'm finished with them, but I don't have a scanner to get my picture on to my computer

so be patient O.K

AAAAAA

post-3657-1142913434_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1142913531_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1142913546_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1142913568_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phalanx

Thanks Knight 26. Youre right. paint takes too much time. I actually drew the faces of the characters back in November 2004 and decided to add my redsigned VF-1 as part of the drawings. I used to have more drawings of the characters that I was working back during summer of 2004 but they got destroyed when my dad's laptop I was doing the drawings in got infected with virus and he couldn't save my pictures. Damn I miss my old drawings :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...