arii destroid monster

HWR MKII

Wow, it's cool to see your progress. Great job, and I had no idea how nice this kit is.

It would be cool to hinge the two hatches on the backside of the Monster so that they can open, and then include some interior detail. That would be awesome, and I don't think it would be too difficult.

Off topic, but I love the Tamiya 1/16 tanks. I've owned about (5) of the R/C versions, and they are a ton of fun. You did a great job painting yours, and I would love to see them in action.

thanks for the props. i had thought about opening the panels on the backside but decided against it. i wanted to do this kit as is without too much hacking. the plastic in that area was a little on the thick side, it would have been possble but i have a little scene in mind with some N scale land rovers and people. the english army uses the land rover to this day so i think they will be in service to 2010 in many different countries that have UN control. N scale equates out to 1/160 so it should look good. i may make a few abrams tanks now that i know how big people are in this scale. this in effect will give the viewer a better sense of size that i really havent seen done very often with macross models. try adding a ground crew to a VF-1 or near a destroid and watch your perspective change.

on a second note to christopherb my camera can take video too but i only have a 56k connection at the moment. if you know of a way i could email a file without taking up the phone line for 4 or 5 hours tell me and ill do up some movie files of the tiger1

thanks for the link . i still want to scratch some though. i want a macross looking abrams some upgrades that could be possible in the next 10 years. but if all else fails then ill buy some.mainly the fact that at 17.95 a pop for something less than an inch long plus postage seems a little extreme.also i would like to thank everyone for their feedback it has kept me going and helped me spot flaws to fix. keep the posts coming its been a while since ive been able to get non biased feedback from people. i used to be in a model club in florida. i accept any feed back and will not get offended. everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Edited by HWR MKII

more new pics for everyone today. ive given the model its base coat of humbrol olive drab. its a version like the color the U.S. used in WW2. its lighter than the tamiya OD. tamiyas is more like the english version which is a much darker green.

post-3-1093542135_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

the dark spots on the barrels were test spots to see how the barrels could look if they were a darker drab. i didnt like the contrast so im going paint the barrels the same color as the body then use weathering to make them contrast.

post-3-1093542344_thumb.jpg

sorry i havent posted anything recently. im wating for my copy of perfect memory to show up and i needed to take a little break from modelling. ive been working a tau army for warhammer 40k, the cycroader2 from lensman(awesome kit thanks to blackaces) the monster obviously, my VF-0, a peterbuilt truck and cattle trailer, and 2 dropships from aliens for an associate. ill have some new pics posted soon just needed the rest for a week.

well perfect memory has arrived and is very helpful. i can see the toe seperation lines that were discussed earlier in the thread and there is even a small pic in the visual story section showing the tank style smoke dischargers on the nose that i mentioned seeing. judging from the line art the kit is highly accurate as is with no extra detail. i thought it needed some eye candy anyway. the kit cant crouch as low as the line art shows so i may secure the dozer blade on the rear since i cant display it as it would be used. i also wish i had gotten the book sooner so i could have made a crew ladder for the front of it. well time to start finishing touches.

sean

• 4 weeks later...

sorry there havent been any new pics lately ive gotten promoted in rank and havent had much time for anything outside of work. also my wife broke the batt connector for my laptop so i havent been able to get my pics online. a new charger is on the way so i hope to have some new posts up soon

• 1 month later...

That kit really looks great! The pic with the VF-0 really shows off the size. I'd like to see a nice full side view if you get the chance, maybe with that VF-0 in the background again. :)

Thanks for sharing you work. We all like to see other builders, work around here.

Thanks for those comparison pics! They really show off that this is a nice size model even though it is 1/160 scale. Wow! If Yamato does get the 1/60 scale monster out that is going to be GINORMOUS!

Great job on the model. I've got the 1/200 one that I need to restore and hopefully find some other decent mech models to go with it.

your welcome. i have a pretty wide range of models from german tanks both large1/16 scale and small 1/35 scale to a 1/9 scale ED-209 from robocop. im just now getting a good collection of macross subjects. on my side bench are a hikaru skull 11, mac+ YF-19, and the VF-0S. acft tend to take me a little longer to build since i work on them all day i dont want to touch them when i get home sometimes. if anyone wants to see pics of my other stuff ill post some in the other scifi anime area.

Welcome to the boards - its so good to see fellow modeller's work.

They look fantastic - keep up the great works. Very nice additional detailing.

And keep posting - but please get a better camera - the pictures don't do your work justice.

your welcome. i have a pretty wide range of models from german tanks both large1/16 scale and small 1/35 scale to a 1/9 scale ED-209 from robocop. im just now getting a good collection of macross subjects. on my side bench are a hikaru skull 11, mac+ YF-19, and the VF-0S. acft tend to take me a little longer to build since i work on them all day i dont want to touch them when i get home sometimes. if anyone wants to see pics of my other stuff ill post some in the other scifi anime area.

hi do you have a pic of the ED209? I have a vinyl kit of that mech from about 10 years that i havent started yet....would luv to see wat others have done!!

great pics, i wish you had a better camera, i cannot see all the details, what happened to the camera you were useing earlier you mentioned you got a new one. you had some great clear pics up and it seems like the last few are blurry and grainy again.

chris

its the same camera but its winter here and good light is impossible to find. the good clear ones were taken using sunlight on one side and incandescent lighting for filler but all i have now after 2 pm or so incandescent is all i have to take pics with i am having no luck with cameras lately. the only way i could get really good pics is to take 35mm pics with a real one and get pic cd's made.

i do have a few pics of my ED209 on cd so i will look for them and try to post soon. that kit is getting really rare since horizon basically has disappeared. the model itself is the exact same size of the stop motion character used in the rear projection composite. i took one pic that looks really good out in the parking lot of my dorm in ft lauderdale florida when i was in college. it looks like the thing is standing there guarding the cars. i have to find it.

WM thank you very much. i hate digital cameras i may go the slower more expensive route of 35 mm pics from now on. i have had so many camera problems with this project that im about to give up. this cam is a 2 megapixel as well i have tried adjusting the resolution and pic size but nothing seems to help any.

i think i have gotten the camera to work a little better though look at my destroid defender paint up in the how to section. its right below blackaces beautiful gundam build.

post-3-1101590475_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII