Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Yamato 1/60 Unassembled'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • MWF Information
    • MW Site News & Member Feedback
  • Macross Broadcasting System
    • Movies and TV Series
    • Anime or Science Fiction
  • OverTechnology Think Tank
    • Toys
    • Model kits
    • The Workshop!
    • Games
    • Collectors
  • Fan Works, Local Gatherings and Homepages
    • Fan Works
    • Conventions and Local Gatherings
    • Homepages
  • ¡Mucho Locura!
    • Reglas, Info y Asuntos Relacionados con el Sitio
    • Juguetes, Modelos y Estatuillas
    • Animación, Música y Multimedia
    • Más o Menos Macross (Otros Animes, Ci-Fi y Aventura)
  • Reviews & Archive
    • Macross Reviews
    • Hall Of The Super Topics
  • Test Area
    • Test forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Old MW Name


Old MW Post count

Found 1 result

  1. Last week I won an auctioned on Yamato's 1/60 V2 Unpainted Unassmbled VF-1S. The goal to this is to try and recreate Chillyche's VF-1 paint scheme for his character Rafe Townsend (Who I voiced) for his in developed Macross Aria webseries. To achieve this I've gone all out on studying Tamiya's paint charts that will work on ABS Plastic. I carefully considered my options on what Che set his RGB scales for the 3D model render to what Tamiya had available without having to do paint mixing of any kind. Essentially I'm using TS-81 Royal Light Gray, TS-57 Blue Violet, TS-14 Black, and XF-83 Medium Sea Gray, along with a few other color choies like Silver for the turbines, and Nato Black for the color around the main body and Cockpit Green for the seats. Stage 1: Cleaning the parts; involved washing the parts in dish soap and warm water then rinsed with cold and left to air dry over night. Stage 2 BODY PAINT: This was the first few coats of Royal Light Gray which produced a some what odd look I wasn't expecting. It doesn't really look like it matches that close to the 3D Render, but hopefully with the Nato Black and Blue Violet this will really stand out and blend well with the rest. Sadly, I've completely ran out of the Gray, and I still got a lot of parts left to color and then STILL touch up after some assembly. INTERIOR PAINT: I'm sticking to the original part models for the feet and mechanics, seeing how they're pretty much the same color mold as the production figure. I did however have to paint the seat cockpit green which is a pretty close match to the production figure, and silver on the turbine blades which look fantastic! Stage 3 Assembling: I've assembled the left and right foot which was an interesting task. Seeing how the instructions are no way clear on what to do. The only option I was able to find was using this link http://www.collectio..._optional_parts which provided me a translated guide on what I safely need to do to assemble. So THANK YOU to collectiondx.com for this! SIDE NOTE: Incase anyone is reading this, the pilot figure provided for this was a TV style pilot suit. If anyone has a DYRL type to donate for the project, or know where there's a recasted version in existence please let me know. Aria is more schemed towards the events after DYRL versus the TV series, and I need to repaint the figure to match something close to the 3D Render che did of Rafe.
×
×
  • Create New...