My Q-rau exploded

Sumdumgai

I'm so friggin pissed right now. This is the second mishap I've had in trying to get a Q-rau.

I got it from a shopping service that I trust and know to be good. Unfortunately the tards at Chronopost utterly destroyed the box, and as a result they decided to repackage my Q-rau. And this is the state it arrived to me in.

You might not be able to see well so here is a list of damages.

Left leg split with major stress marks and numerous fractures

Right knee missle thingy cracked

Broken in half at the waist (like in here are the legs and waist, here is the torso)

backpack broken off

backpack with stressmarks and cracks all over

smashed head, with the covering ripped in two

left shoulder closing thingy torn off

severed left arm with a missing finger

Hell, Miria's Q-rau in the movie wasn't in this bad of a shape even after she had her brawl with Max and lost; HELL! It looks like it got trampled by a herd of rabid MKII Monsters!!!! :angry::angry:

Tossers suck man. Chronopost sucks. And the bitch I called to complain said that even though they had to repackage it, I have to get the sender of the package to ask for reimbursement. :angry:

If this is too off topic or any annoying thing, mods you can delete this.

post-4-1085496027_thumb.jpg

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck.

They should have never repackaged the item and sent it on to you.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, they had a responsibility to get a replacement, or at the least contact you prior to sending it on.

Ow. Hey man, that really sucks!  :angry:  Hope you can get a refund! ;)

Thanks Gunnerx, this just happened today so I'm still trying to contact the sender to see if he can get a refund.

Here's a second pic (crushed top).

Back to scrubbing heatshields...

edit: The real big kicker is that when my fiançée called Chronopost to ask for reimbursement, when she said that the item was completely destroyed, the woman said "oh! You must be Ms. Breuillac!" There are how many people working at this company, and they knew it was my package (sent to her name because the tard postmen can't read past the first name on our mailbox).

They must like pass a steamroller over a certain number of packages just to piss people off of puprose... :angry:

I don't use UPS in France because they're a bunch of tards that can't type in the door codes when they have them...

post-4-1085497190_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

I went "WTF?!?!?" when i saw that picture. OMG....my condolences to you. So, did you manage to get a refund from chrnoplast?

PS: Topic should be "My Q-Rau was flattened"

:angry: Bah! This is an outrage!

I hope that shop will kick Chronopost's butts till they're Q-rau-green!

What I find funny is this sort of thing happens so often and people don't know about it. I used to know a box monkey (pitcher... or whatever dumb term they call the people that basically throw your packages around) at UPS and he told me stories that would make you buy your packages a plane ticket rather than ship them with any service. Basically what it comes down to is if you read the fine print on almost all shipping company's terms of service agreements they in no way hold themselves responsable for destroying your things. In most cases they turn it back on you and make you somehow to blame for their smashing your stuff. Taking UPS as en example, they have so many cop-outs in their TOS that you would have to pack your package in armor, wrap it in kevlar, hire armed guards and a armored truck for it before they will admit fault for damaging it. Then you have to jump through more hoops than a trained poodle to get your insurance claim settled. Pics of it damaged, pics of the box, pics of this, pics of that... and to top it all off they have one of the best cop-outs known to man: "why did you accept the package if it showed signs of damage?"... sheesh. Add to this the fact that these carriers are so cost oriented that they even shove and kick your packages into trucks and planes so they can fit more packages in to make more money per transport... then charge you the consumer a fuel surcharge for that flight.

(puts on Che berret)

Rise up my brothers in glorious rebellion against the shipping demons! :angry:

People that do crap like that need to be shot.

No trial, just taken out back and shot. You don't do that crap to someone's stuff. Especially if you're being paid to ship the damn thing safely. I bet they would be pissed if someting of theirs shows up like that.

The girl knew your wife's name because they circulated the "funny ass" story around the office for their amuzement, how they jacked up your package and you called about it.

Stuff like this is why I refure to buy anything on e-bay. Don't trust it.

Only way to be safe shipping something to someone is to use a ton of bubble wrap and have at least an inch or two clearance on each side of the item you pack. If the outer box gets dented, your item should still be fine. In theory.

Although that Q-rau literally looks like it was run over. It's the only thing I can think of that would do that much damage. Nothing would have saved that Q-rau except a cast iron box.

Edited by Anubis

This is why I prefer Fed Ex shipping on all of my Purchase. Kevin at Valkyrie Exchange uses Fed Ex Ground. (shameless plug)

As an Ebay seller, I ship out EVERYTHING Fed Ex ground. I have had only one mishap involving an LOT of five beer stiens. One was broken. I sent Fed Ex alink to the auction listing and the purchaser filed a claim. She received her check in 5 days.

BTW how can you go wrong with Tom Hanks deliering your Valks ? :lol:

When I first opened up the package I was like :"Holy crap! Was my package in the Charles de Gaulle airport ceiling collapse?!"

Fed Ex sucks here, they hire tards too. At the place my fiançée works at, they had a Fed Ex guy come, and they explained to him over the phone that he had to press a button next to the door to enter the building. The moron had to come back three times before the monkey learned to press the button to open the door... <_<

It wasn't that the sender didn't package it good. I've gone through him for stuff before and everything arrived in perfect condition in the past. Hell, he's the guy I got my two low viz valks from. He packages on par with Kevin at Valkyrie exchange.

Anubis probably hit it on the head. The way the Q-rau box is crushed, it looks like it got run over. Then they backed up over the package to make sure they got everything.

This is the second incident in having trouble with getting the Q-rau. The first was I preordered from Hobbysearch. But, they accidentally sent me the 1/48 VF-1J Miria with fast packs. I didn't mind keeping it since it would be a bitch to send it back and ask them to send the right one. So I then ordered the Q-rau from a deputy shopper in Japan.

Then today the package didn't arrive, it got dumped at the Post office because Chronopost couldnt get into the apartment complex (the door codes were on the destroyed box so it wasn't included on the repackaged box).

Then the post office was closed and the workers were out in front on strike. :angry:

Then I came back later and picked it up once they were done striking.

Then you saw the results... :(

I'm wondering if me having the Q-rau just wasn't meant to be... :ph34r:

I'll end up posting what happens once I find out, since all this crap just happened today. Thanks anyway for the sympathy. :)

If you think that the Q-rau looks bad in the pics, believe me the pictures don't do this justice. :( I can't even sell the parts as spare parts, there are too many parts which are damaged. :angry:

Looks like they took the big rig and ran over it... That really scares me seeing that kind of crap happening. I like using UPS and never had problems with using them here. I in fact trust them more than USPS. Problem with fedex is that I need to drive farther to the facility.

OMG, what the hell did they do to that thing! We usually ship to France via Global Express Mail and they've been very good with packages. What was the original packaging like? Looks like maybe they just wrapped it in plain paper or something. I don't know how else it can get that badly damaged.

Never

mail thru Chronopost!

At my job we send our parcels thru them

I've seen the van arrive, and saw the parcels already in there

I've seen it go into the van

Never

mail thru Chronopost!

I'd rather have it dropped from a B52 at 10,000' without a paracute

just as a reminder:

Never

mail thru Chronopost!

My guess is it either fell off of a pallet (wasn't wrapped right) and got backed over by the forklift or pallet jack, or when loading the truck dropped it by accident, didn't notice, and backed over it when pulling out of the space.

Either way, pure laziness and negligence to even have a package end up like that. I had a magazine come destroyed once in the mail. I was pissed then. If I had a Q-rau get mangled, I would go through the roof.

I had an HLJ box get dented once, but the item was fine.

My worst UPS story was I ordered a VF-19 Fire Valk reissue when HLJ had it on sale last year. UPS dropped it off at the wrong house on the OTHER SIDE OF TOWN and marked "resident" or something under the signed for block in the online tracking. If the people that recieved the package weren't honest I would have been screwed. They thankfully called me (since HLJ puts your phone number on the box) and told me where they were so I could go get my box. I got lucky that time.

I haven't had a lot of problems with shipping here (Gaithersburg, MD), but the bulk of dented boxes, or shipping delays come from UPS. Don't use FedEx very often, but at work it always works fine. I have never had a big issue with the post office here. Priority Mail is always top notch here.

I could never see them doing something as cravenly screwed up as destroy a package like that though. There is no excuse for that excpet natural disaster.

Wow... That's definetly run over. Unless they have someone who wieghs like 300lbs and had them sit on it, I guess that could be it. Who knows, either way, you got jacked this time. Really hope you can get that refund!

Hmm, as an old trailer-monkey for the company bought and now called somethin-somethin Ground I would have to say that there are only a few things that would lead to that kind of damage to a package.

1. the Space Saver - This is when your package doesn't quite fit in a little nook of the truck and it has to be gently nudged (Kicked as hard as possible repeatedly in a moment of abject frustration) into said nook until it fits. A steel toed boot and extreme force can be very very persuading.

2. Bottom of the Heap - This is your fragile package is placed at the bottom of a package wall and then someone decides to load a 700 pound automobile transmission on top of it, then during transit the truck goes over a spee bump and the drive axle protruding from the transmission pierces your package with the force of 20,000 pound per square inch of pressure drives through your package like a 50mm shell through a puppy.

3. "Ooops dropped that one off the loading dock I'll get it later" - occasionally while frantically loading packaes onto, or removing packages from a truck one falls off the dock outside onto the pavement. These packages are in great peril of being squished by tractor trailers and switch tractors, package falls behind wheel of semi, semi pulls out, Squish!

4. "I hate my job in this damn truck, Hey there is a baseball bat, ooh there is a box!" You know the rest, whack, whack, whack!! jerk feels relieved, box is destroyed, "Hey boss, those jerks that loaded up this truck really screwed up this one!" Jerk gets off the hook and the guy that touched the package last gets yelled at for nothing.

They all have bad reputations, it is really based upon the people that work for the companies though and how tough they are on employees that mistreat packages. If you live in an area where Fed Ex is good and UPS seems to break stuff then you support Fed Ex, if your town has a great UPS crew and the Fed-Ex people suck (Which is rare) then you go UPS.

Sorry to hear about your Q-Rau man, I would print out those pictures and send a complaint to the head guy at the Chronopost (sp), call their customer service number, find out who runs the show there and write then a well-mannered note explaining what happened to you and send the pictures. At the very least someone will get a major ass-chewing.

holy crap :blink: if i got something like this in the mail I would frakking explode :angry: i hope you can get your money back or a replacment, i got tons of packages coming in every other day, i dread the day when one comes in like this and I know it can happen to any one of us , be afraid :blink: i do not know what they had to do to get it crushed like that, they had to have something run it over, i do not think i even want to know what.

good luck on the reinbursment

Chris

OMG, what the hell did they do to that thing! We usually ship to France via Global Express Mail and they've been very good with packages. What was the original packaging like? Looks like maybe they just wrapped it in plain paper or something. I don't know how else it can get that badly damaged.

Unfortunately EMS once it ships out of Japan to France goes through chronopost...

The original package from experience dealing with the sender and with what was left of the original packaging, was probably a very thick cardboard box, including cardboard inserts to protect the contents, and a BUTT-load of newspaper. The guy usually uses that cool fabricy japanese tape that's really difficult to tear, and is like stronger than duct tape.

I've recieved two low viz valks from him in the past and they were fine, packaged extremely well. This guy packages stuff extremely well.

I believe that from the listing Ghadrack gave, chronopost did 1 through 4, and then some... <_<

Yes, Exo, I believe it's time to redon my old signature... ;)

edit: FIVE POINT PALM-EXPLODING HEART TECHNIQUE!!! SUPER SECRET NINJA TRICKS!!!!

Edited by Sumdumgai

I will unite with Sumdumgai and use my secret third leg ninja magic!!

in all seriousness, if this had happened to me, the next time I was in their neighborhood I would've gone and broke every single one of their legs with a baseball bat....

This is why I prefer Fed Ex shipping on all of my Purchase. Kevin at Valkyrie Exchange uses Fed Ex Ground. (shameless plug)

As an Ebay seller, I ship out EVERYTHING Fed Ex ground. I have had only one mishap involving an LOT of five beer stiens. One was broken. I sent Fed Ex alink to the auction listing and the purchaser filed a claim. She received her check in 5 days.

BTW how can you go wrong with Tom Hanks deliering your Valks ? :lol:

FedEx Ground is horrible compared to UPS. I used to buy from BigBadToyStore.com a lot when they were still using UPS and my stuff always arrived in good order even if the shipping box were not in the best shape, but after they switched to FedEx Ground my first order arrived not at my doorsteps but the backyard, several yards from the fence where the delivery monkey played football with the box. All of the items inside were damaged. BASTARDS!

i actually perfer FedEx as opposed to UPS, why?

at fedex, each driver is responsible for their packages, they don't deliver the package, they don't get paid, if something is damaged, they are responsible. each driver is an owner/operator.

at UPS, they don't give a rats ass. UPS got mad LOOT so the drivers don't really care what happens to the packages. if something breaks, "oh well, the company will cover it". same thing goes if they don't deliver. basically UPS drivers have nothing to loose.

Man I am sorry for what happen to you. UPS SUCKS!!! The company I used to work for shipped with them. I was also filing missing package complaints. Either they come damaged or not at all. One box when the guy dropped it off had a big hole in it and was crush. :angry::angry: I was fortunatly able to see the drivers drop them off because they had to do pickups too.