for those of you who own a destroid conv kit

Eternal_D

OK, I have my destroid conv kit on display as a Tomahawk, but the other two just sit in the box doing nothing. I don't want to buy another one so I can have just 2 of them on display so I wanna know, for those of us who own one, would you like recasts of the endo skeleton?

Granted you won't be able to display all 3 because the phalanx and defender share parts, but at least you can display 2 of them on display. worse comes to worse, we can also consider recasting the shared parts.

I imagine price to be around $20 since it's not so big and should be relatively easy to recast. problem would be with the polycaps used on the legs and arms.

Post what you think.

Sounds like a great idea, although the polycap problem does need to be addressed.

Major Tom sold me a Destroids Conversion Set (although I have no idea where I put it... :D ) so I can definitely use recasts of the frame and shared parts.

Please keep us posted if you decide to go ahead with the project. If there aren't enough interest here you can always sell some recasts on eBay to recover the cost of your time and effort.

the entire kit consists of 48 armor pieces...not counting some pieces that are comprised of 2 or more parts. plus making the frame whish is probalby another 10-15 pieces. that's a whole lot of pieces and probably would cost around the same as an original.

right now I'm still only looking at just the frame, and the leg armors.

That's what they said about the Joke Machine. I remember countless threads on the old boards saying they couldn't do a joke machine recast. But the thing is, I don't know what the demand for a conversion kit would be. I got my set and I would love two extra endoskeleton and leg pieces.

That's what they said about the Joke Machine. I remember countless threads on the old boards saying they couldn't do a joke machine recast. But the thing is, I don't know what the demand for a conversion kit would be. I got my set and I would love two extra endoskeleton and leg pieces.

Come on now Exo...don't tease us...just get yourself and Rohby going on it!!! :p

That's what they said about the Joke Machine.  I remember countless threads on the old boards saying they couldn't do a joke machine recast.  But the thing is, I don't know what the demand for a conversion kit would be.  I got my set and I would love two extra endoskeleton and leg pieces.

Come on now Exo...don't tease us...just get yourself and Rohby going on it!!! :p

hehe... Sorry, it's not my deal this time. But I would donate my kit to the cause if Danny won't. :p

I'll talk to rohby about this. seems you guys just want the whole kit and not just the skeleton like me.

as far as the polycaps go....we can try to get some aftermarket parts like from kotobukiya if they have it...but we'd have to find the right size and all. I will also address this problem with rhoby, maybe he can come up with a better solution.

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread because the topic's come up in the "I just got sniped" thread.

If it doesn't cost too much, you can put me down for an endo-skeleton plus whatever extra parts would be needed to make three whole destroids at once. Personally, I'd rather see a kit like that than a complete recast of the whole set, even though I don't have one myself yet.

I'd definitely be in for a couple of frames. I have 2 sets, but have been keeping an eye out for a cheap 3rd set to display the 3rd destroid. But a recast skeleton would fill my hunger too. :)

UNSpacy

Canadian Division

Edited by UNSpacy

We need to clarify what's planned. There are three options that have been mentioned:

a) Just the endoskeleton (which means you could make 2 destroids if you have a kit)

b) Endoskeleton plus extra parts (lets you make 3 destroids if you have a kit)

c) Complete recast

I'm mainly interested in (b).

We need to clarify what's planned. There are three options that have been mentioned:

a) Just the endoskeleton (which means you could make 2 destroids if you have a kit)

b) Endoskeleton plus extra parts (lets you make 3 destroids if you have a kit)

c) Complete recast

I'm mainly interested in (b).

i'm with choice B although i don't have a conversion kit yet.

Unfortunately it's not that easy... the cost of doing it has to justify the intersest on the set. I would hate to get the materials and then have the few people back out just because the price set was too high. I would like nothing more than to get one or two endoskeletons for myself.

Aside from that if the few pieces needed to complete the third destroid was made that would mean another color matching job for Rohby. I'm not sure that brown is an easy color to match.

I haven't talked to Rohby yet, so hopefully we can get this going.

I also wouldn't worry about the color matching. I'd rather have white parts than no parts, and I reckon it wouldn't be hard to paint them even with a brush.

i totally agree, somethings better than nothing. i'll deal with it if its white and try my best to match the color myself.

as far as pricing is concerned, just make it a 50% non-refundable deposit. that should get rid of any flakers and encourage/force those who threw down some loot to give up the rest when its finished.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW... the other destroid thread reminded me....

I dropped these of at Rohby's. We're looking at ways to make it more playable. The thing has so many joints there's sure to be wear and would end up floppy very soon.

I'll keep you guys updated.