VAG-37

Druna Skass

There's some info available on the webpage Azrael cited. It appears to be related to a 1998 Capcom title. Here's a blurb courtesy BabelFish (bracketed comments are mine):

"The large hit animation "super spatial-temporal fortress マクロス [Macross]" series was managed

That river Mori Siyouzi & the studio sew [studio Nue?], カプコン united the powerful tag!

Now ultimate robot legend starts here! !

River Mori Siyouzi & the studio sew in plan original idea,

You say to mechanical design river Mori Siyouzi and the Miyatake one your person

The animation boundary highest creator is appointed,

The appearance impression and the robot of animation the pleasant sensation which freely is worked was held

The ultimate robot game was made to complete! "

There's a page with some technical info on the mecha (which appears to be a modification of the VA-3), and lots of talk of 'Lava-Moths' and 'cancer/guns' there too. Have fun! :lol:

It uses the same transformation sequence as the VA-3, but is more based on the Apache attack copter. It was designed by Sudio Nue to be "based on" the Macross Universe. It is Unofficial. If you check the In-game credits, this vehicle WAS designed by Kawamori.

This is a multi-versal video game, using different genre of robot anime. Not part of the Macross timeline.

In the game, it has missiles, a rifle, and a Buster Cannon special move.

Game animation shows it in a traditional Macross 3 jet flight. It has NO UNSPACY markings in any of the animation.

It's name is RAFAGA, which appears to translate directly as Lava-moth,. but is probably best translated as Firefly.

Cancer/guns: The characters for cancer and gun appear the same on the net pretty often. anytime you see cancer in these types of pages, replace it with gun.

(Gun Pod often comes out as Cancer Poddo).

It uses the same transformation sequence as the VA-3, but is more based on the Apache attack copter. It was designed by Sudio Nue to be "based on" the Macross Universe. It is Unofficial. If you check the In-game credits, this vehicle WAS designed by Kawamori.

This is a multi-versal video game, using different genre of robot anime. Not part of the Macross timeline.

In the game, it has missiles, a rifle, and a Buster Cannon special move.

Game animation shows it in a traditional Macross 3 jet flight. It has NO UNSPACY markings in any of the animation.

It's name is RAFAGA, which appears to translate directly as Lava-moth,. but is probably best translated as Firefly.

Cancer/guns: The characters for cancer and gun appear the same on the net pretty often. anytime you see cancer in these types of pages, replace it with gun.

Ahh...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Its name is RAFAGA, which appears to translate directly as Lava-moth,. but is probably best translated as Firefly.

Thanks for the great info daeudi.

However, I still kind of prefer 'Lava-Moth' - I'm looking forward to July, when I can point out the 'Lava-Moths' to everyone :lol:

Wow. The wise duck is a monster that throws things!

Yet another obscure mecha that's cool! *Clicky!*

And this is only a DC game?

ADDITION: Well, capcom did Steel Battalion, so I guess it makes up for it (Only problem is I gotta shell out $200.00 for it...:( )

I posted a thread about this very same topic on the old boards but I didn´t get any reply If I remember well so I did a bit of research and found the same links posted here.

I guess it was the wrong question and the wrong moment.

A very cool looking mecha indeed , shame it isn´t canon.

If I undestand it correctly the Rafaga and the VA-3 are both developed from the same design called the FBz99G. There's a pic of in on page130 of macross design works.

in RL: VA-3 based on the FBz-99.

In Macross Universe: Other way around.

Not arguing- because they sure look like it- but where did you get that the RAFAGA was also based on it? That is News I Can Use, if I can confirm it.