Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

They've sent me payment requests on Sundays before and they're usually around the same time around 1.30-2.30 AM. Why shouldn't they fix it if it's a bug? It's just giving false hope to buyers who might cancel their pre-order elsewhere because they think they managed to secure one from HLJ.

That link did closed yesterday when it went to discontinued and besides it say awaiting for stock to come in so they won't ask for payment until they have received more stock. Just wait and see what happens in the next few days.

Guys dont know if i am hysterical but based on the web address, it seems like the secured address and the normal address is different.

Foe those who bought using that, i have a big doubt that it will be fulfilled .

Strange thing is that i bought using that link and it showed up in my account.. weird....

Yeah, there really isn't one. It's even smaller than the Arcadia. Hard to tell if it drops lower between the intakes due to the canon crotch plate though.

The bulgy plate does look really conspicuous to me though, since it breaks up the curvature so much. It's mot entirely inaccurate, since some of the lineart even shows that panel bulging, but it's just an ugly feature I think.

Edited by Chronocidal

its funny how Yamato ever thought that the long legs of its original version were ever even close to correct!? they just look lanky and horrible..

And each of the three shown in those pics show how the engine intakes design vary quite considerably. To me the Arcadia's overall shape is still more on the money than the others but Bandai's version easily eclipses it for surface details especially the tampo.

I also think the Arcadia has a better side on profile and Bandai's looks like it is drooping down along its spine a little..

Landing gear details still go to the Arcadia in my opinion too as I much prefer the white look which is more like how most jet fighters are with the exception of a few..

It would also seem that Bandai's bendy gun design idea still doesn't help it sit any better than it does on the Arcadia..

And I noticed that the Bandai's under wing hard points sit much closer together than the Arcadia's.. This might limit load out options due to the less space available.. Not that anyone will want to load them up with big bulky items but its still a point of concern no less..

Still looking forward to receiving it though! ^_^

Edited by spanner76

I am the opposite, I like Bandai's straight spine and the way the nose section has been designed.

The drooping and curved spine on the Arcadia seems way to forced to me, reminds me of some of the unsightly noses on Formula 1 cars.

I am the opposite, I like Bandai's straight spine and the way the nose section has been designed.

The drooping and curved spine on the Arcadia seems way to forced to me, reminds me of some of the unsightly noses on Formula 1 cars.

I rather like the curved spine but it more resembles the curved engine covers of late 80's F1 cars just like this Lotus 99t..

Loved the airbox-less design of the turbo era! B))

14370-MLB215343700_7883-F.jpg

Edited by spanner76

To me, Bandai takes the win, by a hair, in the Fighter Mode category:

• It looks a bit more dynamic overall;
  • It's slimmer in profile;
  • It lacks the slight hump evident on the spine of the Arcadia version;
  • It has a clean transition from intake to thigh to leg, unlike Arcadia which sports that unsightly black hole disconnect;
  • It's intake shape and angle are much more complimentary for fighter... and no thick lip;
  • The larger, more prominent, canopy;
  • The way the canards sit;

On the minus side -- all nitpicks:

• The rear landing gears are too small;
  • The front landing gear doors are really tiny;
  • The feet stick out a bit too much;
  • It tips forward on its rear gears; Bandai could've fixed this by making the front gear longer to compensate -- it already folds anyway;
  • The hard-points are too closely spaced;
  • Arcadia's rear stabs look better;

Clearly, Bandai went for Fighter mode supremacy, while Arcadia paid slightly more attention to Battroid mode in their design process. The fact that Bandai's looks almost as good as Arcadia's in Battroid is a testament to Bandai's engineering. Both renditions of Isamu's 19 are top notch... Yamato's is just embarrassing by comparisson.

I love how clean the underbelly of Bandais VF-19 looks (until the last third where the arms are). I was unsure at first why the chest tubes transform in such a complicated way but not it is clear. It is also neat to see that the crotch plate fits so nicely in Fighter-Mode.

Overall the Arcadia still gets my vote for accuracy, esp battroid. However it's not without its faults, the most noticeable to my eyes being the huge black gaps at the knees in fighter. The Bandai gets kudos galore for the smoothness of the lower fuselage and legs...beautiful. In profile, the Bandai looks closer to the Yamato in that the nose is basically straight, and they relied on the downward tilt due to the shorter nose gear to achieve the nose-down look. Consulting the Macross Design Works, Kawamori-san provides no direct side profile art of the YF-19, although the drawings do seem indicate a slight downward slope. I'm not an aircraft engineer, but having been around fighter aircraft, I've never seen one yet that had such a pronounced nose slope as the Arcadia. For aerodynamics sake, I think the Bandai got it right, although for some reason, my eyes favor the Arcadia. If HFH was indeed on-hand to oversee the design, well I guess they couldn't get it more right.

Despite my bias for the Arcadia, the more I look at the Bandai, the more I like it. The slight curvature of the shins, the smaller and shapelier lower legs, the double-jointed elbows, the single piece panel under the nose in battroid, the canard stowage, the sleekness of its fighter mode, Bandai's superior hands, and copious tampo all conspire to make this an excellent entry into the world of high end Macross collectible toys. Can't wait to get it in my grubby mitts.

Can't believe how Bandai can get away with copying Arcadia. I know there are only handful of ways to design the transformations, but just look at the high speed mode wing-bars, biceps sliders, head details gimmicks. Bandai had it easy by copying Arcadia, while getting the competitive advantage by adding more gimmicks....poor Arcadia, time & effort spent were copied by Bandai like nothing happened. Wondering if any legal action could possibly ensue?.

Proportion wise...

The legs on Bandai look a *tad* bit too long and *slightly* disproportioned compared to the rest of the upper body, but not as bad as Yamato's. I remembered before, Yamato's legs can be made to look "balanced" in action poses, depending on the angle of view, hence why Bandai's seems to look balanced in action poses. Arcadia on the other hand managed to get a more balanced look by shortening the legs, but by hollowing the area at the knees in fighter mode (although they made up for it by adding sliding covers).

2qfIAM9.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Proportion wise...

The legs on Bandai look a bit a *tad* bit too long and *slightly* disproportioned compared to the rest of the upper body, but not as bad as Yamato's. I remembered before, Yamato's legs can be made to look "balanced" in action poses, depending on the angle of view, hence why Bandai's seems to look balanced in action poses. Arcadia on the other hand managed to get a more balanced look by shortening the legs, but by hollowing the area at the knees in fighter mode (although they made up for it by adding sliding covers).

The person that took those pics seem to missed a step in the transformation process which made the leg look longer.

post-2743-0-85621100-1434916486_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360

Looking through the reviews, They are nothing a like in design. From an engineering stand point the lines on the Bandai are almost perfect. More pronounced and in line with flight dynamics over the surfaces. Close ups between the two, make the Arcadia mold look sloppy, and less edged. I don't know, I think Bandai really nailed fighter almost perfectly in the design aspect. Then You look at just the panel lining, and placement and it all lines up together with the other body lines.

I never would have noticed how off the Arcadia is, without seeing something so much more linear accurate.
I don't think there's a copy issue at all, because Kawamori (the guy who owns the rights essentially) over saw both models.

It would make sense for them to be nearly identical. I only hope it has less QC issues as the Arcadia did.

The thing that gets me about Bandai is the contrast between all the amazing things they seem to pull off, and the absolute pants-on-head stupid design decisions they make in other places.

Case in point.. why couldn't they design a thigh joint that's actually the same color as the rest of the thigh? It just looks stupid having a gray joint in the middle of it. I hope that's the worst it gets on this one, because I'd really like it to be a good design, but after the nonsense in the VF-171's legs, I really don't have very much faith in their ability to design sturdy mechanisms of any sort.

Edited by Chronocidal

My Arcadia sample was perfect in every way, I hope this Bandai is just as good. However the sideview of fighter mode makes me still point Arcadia as the winner, IMO they pulled off a timeless piece of design whereas Bandai did the cool looking panels and tampo but missed the point on the sculpt.

The person that took those pics seem to missed a step in the transformation process which made the leg look longer.

My bad. But hey, that rotating hip design (was) Arcadia's too! Anyways, cant wait to see reviews from folks here.

Dunno why some are complaining about "copying". In previous posts, some of these same people say one way for BandaiArcadia/Yamato to improve on their product is to mimic/copy the way their competitors did it (assuming they did it in a better way). Now that Bandai followed a similar design to something, people are labeling them as copycats.

Besides, who really knows who came up with the original design? Are all toys that use double-jointed elbows and knees "copycats" now? How about ball-jointed wrists? Did Yamato "copy" Bandai for adding diecast to their valkyries? My point is, toy design is always evolving. Unless there's a patent on a particular mechanism, then it's only realistic that people will take inputs from things that work. If everybody insisted that everyone should come up with their own unique design, then toys would end up being stupid complicated and may even end up worse.

Personally, I prefer Bandai's design over the Arcadia one on all modes. I was never a fan of the chunky look on the YF-19. I liked it on the VF-19S, but on the YF-19 it looked too squat to me. The scale was also way off in battroid mode. But to each their own.