1/350 Scale thread... Mospeada, Southern Cross and more!

EXO

Wonderfest in Louisville Kentucky. (2weeks) and the form 1 is a true SLA printer. The up 2 can't even come close. The layer thickness is 25 microns, hence the high print quality. I've been 3d printing for over 6 years now and it the best I've seen.

send me the file i'll only charge for material and a small markup for machine wear and tear.

Thanks! :) I will PM you early next week after I get a chance to retrieve the file from home over the weekend.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow! 3d artists w/ 3d printing and hand machined models (whatever technique that means :p... sounds hardcore custom)... everyone working together to make some great stuff... now there's so many 1/350 options to choose from :blink::wub:

EXO, where's that first born you promised? time to start cloning a baby in one of those Form1's... send it to Tundrayeti to manufacture or do it the Max and Miria protoculture way. lol

ok, i'm looking at MT's stuff as well. that monster look good. the hover tanks look good in each mode.

Wow, that tank mode is really neat. Totally different from the animation, but that's what you get without anime magic in real life, eh? :) What would you say was the hardest part about getting the VHT to look like that?

I pretty much just moved the parts as the transformation goes. Trying to get it streamlined is probably the hardest part. But since this will be printed as one solid part and at a minute scale, parts colliding wasn't a problem. Actually it's a bonus to have them solidify with each other. The hard part will be making the parts transform in 1/72 scale, then you can't get away with parts running into each other. But when you build static models as opposed to transforming toys, you can still chop off parts to get that anime magic look. The biggest challenge will be at 1/48 scale when things have to transform and fit and lock from one mode to the other without the ability to reduce parts. Should be fun! :)

Also the line art I have are so tiny, I can't ge a full view of the detail. The animation helps once and a while but even then they cheat a lot to keep it moving fast.

I'm very excited about these 1/350 projects, but my wallet is already hurting. The hovertank is topnotch. The lieutenant's head is a great touch. Are you going to make a regular soldier's head too? That would really make my squad look great!

I'll send them one without the wings on the helmet. That should pretty much do it. Like I said, at 1/350 the detail on the people will be a blur. These little guys are just accessories to the bigger ships that Neptune and Tundra are building with the idea that I'll turn them into bigger scaled model kits after. I also got a note that I forgot the Hovertank gun... which I totally did. I'll be adding that as I build the Tank mode.

I was thinking since people seemed to feel free to chime in with ideas what things would you be willing to shell out this kind of money for and 1/350th scale?

The bridge and possibly upper works of the Macross

The tip of the Datalus with a ramp down that could pose Destroids in.

The rather boxy Zentradi shuttle

The smallest of the spaceships from Southern Cross

The bridge and possibly upper works of the Macross

toyed with the idea a couple of years ago and got as far as doing a very basic Google Skechup model of the exterior. the various lineart were disagreeing with each other so i ended up taking photos of my 1/3000 SDF and traced over those. i've seen a couple of better 3D models but neither of the owners responded when i inquired about using their files.in any case, i wasn't really going for a super detailed 3D model since i just needed the basic shapes and surfaces, "unfold" it using Pepakura, print it like a papercraft model and use that as template for cutting styrene, then just scribe and add the greeblies/surface detail after. i settled on 1/144 since since at 1/350 the humans on the bridge would be unrecognizable and there were no 1/350 valks and destroids -- until now that is. in 144 scale, the bridge and antennae are something like 50cm tall if memory serves. at 1/60, well...

where i got stuck is with the interiors. quite a bit of work to figure out the floor plan of the various levels, and even more challenging to scale it properly since there are no dimensions given in any reference material. i get the nagging feeling that if properly human-scaled the interiors as shown in the lineart probably won't fit in the exterior "shell".

anyway, i haven't committed anything to plastic yet and this will likely be a project for my retirement in a few years. in the meantime i want to trial this papercraft-to-plastic approach on a Terran Battlecruiser since there are papercraft models already available. just as soon as i finish my 1:1 scale house model...

Guest davidwhangchoi

can it transform? or is that just a parts former or separate models for two different modes.

personally, i'm looking forward to the hovertank.

Here are some pics of the Bioroid Assault ship. Forgive any imperfections, paints issues, and pics of the uncompleted kit. This has been a rush job, 3 days, so this is not one of my best paint jobs. Also, enjoy the pics of the 1/350 bioroids and hover tanks. The details came out really will in this scale. The finished model will be on display on Yeti's table at WF this weekend. Enjoy.

post-1196-0-33274200-1401319609_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-26477300-1401319661_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-26976200-1401319731_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-24571400-1401319798_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-89113700-1401319856_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-57306500-1401319976_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-47522300-1401320033_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-14765400-1401320123_thumb.jpg