Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

you can seal it with the tamiya spray can and this will sort of work as a "save point" just in case you had a problem with enamel. you have to be careful with that Tamiya can though, afaik, their clear coat are lacquer based (which is fairly hot) and when ABS is soaked on it, it will crack and crumble. so just do mist coating (you can mask the Joints to be sure).

I kinda agree with Ignacio's suggestion. YF-30 is already matte so weathering master or pastel (maybe white or very light grey) will be able to stick on it without problems. Just mask and apply it, and if you ever have any mishap, just use water to clean it back to original state.

I have Tamyia-coated both my RVF and VF-25G super parts, and sure you don't want to over spray because the paint is slightly reacting to it (diluted by it). I have coated my Isamu's YF-29 also without any issue this time.

I am kinda used to this Tamyia can and love it even if it can be dangerous if too much coat is applied in one stroke.

Edit: I had so far near 0 issue with Yamato / Arcadia releases. Crossing fingers

Edited by Xigfrid

Yes, both of my 30's have loose knee joints in Gerwalk. Both in the left leg. It makes posing difficult sometimes as it doesn't hold well.

Thanks Mommar. Did you fix this problem? Or is it repairable? Thanks. ^_^

Aerial view comparison.

1978565_10152371388887861_67273365708523

Nice shot. Just photoshop/blur the 'carpet' background and add some faded white stream on the wings and they look like flying over desert. :rolleyes:

One way to mount the gun with the missiles box deployed - keep one of the hands uncovered and grab the handle from the other side. Only the rubber gun hand work, and it is a bit of a tight fit.

v0PFz3o.jpg

5Lcusij.jpg

UNe6KzK.jpg

that's a very cool idea! this way you could have 2 guns mounted! one either side! B)) shame I don't have 2x YF-30 to try it tough.. maybe someone with more than one 30 can try it and post up a pic!? :p

I also received my copy of the Chronos. It is pretty awesome. Sadly it has some minor paint scratches mainly on the black trim areas (e.g. the waist, the chest armor).

Now my Frontier era collection is pretty much done if my Tornado Parts for the VF-25G come in. Maybe I need a YF-25 and VF-171EX Alto Custom to cover all the head variants but I'm sure that are slots I can fill until the new Macross show comes around, Bandai decides to release a V3 Messiah or Bandai releases add-on sets for the Chronos.

After fiddling with the support pieces I spend some time thinking about all the weird support pieces Bandai included over the years. Maybe they designed them after the main toy was done and the test shots of the Valkyrie revealed major design flaws like being unable to produce enough friction to hold the gun-pod in Fighter-Mode on the Armored Messiah or keeping everything locked together for the YF-30. Instead of redesigning the toy Bandai just added some addtional plastic to save costs.

One thing I noticed when handling the missile rack. Why did Bandai stop painting the white circle around the war heads of the missiles they included with the Armor Parts of the Messiahs? They look so much nicer with the additional detail.

Are those 'shops or did you headswap? For sure though. We need Kawamori to design a VF-30S in Ozma/Focker colors and skulls. :)

ugh, that's about the only version of this mold I wouldn't buy.

Edited by anime52k8

Late to the party, but I finally taken some decent shots of my weathered YF-30. (with the help of photo tips from Saburo... thanks!). I'm loving all these Bandai toys (very little effort to get them looking great!) way more than the Yamacadia ones now - they look so basic & bare...

post-244-0-79436800-1409334155_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-84710000-1409334156_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-65098200-1409334158_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-78028200-1409334159_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-84589400-1409334160_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-89309100-1409334161_thumb.jpg

Late to the party, but I finally taken some decent shots of my weathered YF-30. (with the help of photo tips from Saburo... thanks!). I'm loving all these Bandai toys (very little effort to get them looking great!) way more than the Yamacadia ones now - they look so basic & bare...

attachicon.gifDSC_2974 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2976 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2978 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2981 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2985 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2986 - resized.jpg

WM you are on a roll this morning, the VF-25F + Tornado parts and now the YF-30. your work is amazing and I don't have modelling skills so I would not attempt to do this because I would mess up horribly, but I want to ask about the leading edge of the wings. I am guessing your placed new No Step decals over the painted grey?

Edited by Saburo

No, thanks to you for getting me off my @ss to finally take some photos of my collection. With this tent setup, I don't have to wait for nice day outside - I still wished my lights were brighter so I didn't have to use such a high ISO or had a better camera so it was less grainy at high ISO - oh well, this means I need a new DSLR!

That's the beauty of airbrushing a thinned down light mist of dark grey over the black areas, it lightens the black, but at the same time, it darkens the white tampo printed "NO STEP" so they don't appear as stark/contrasty against the black background. It was a "two-for-one" solution! Now I don't have to hunt down or make decals like I always have to with my Yamacadias (my YF-19 looks so bare next to my Bandais).

After many screwed up USPS deliveries, I finally got to lay hands on my YF-30. Holy cow, this thing looks so much better in person. The photos can't even start to capture how detailed it is. I'm not normally into Frontier, but I'm really, really impressed.

No, thanks to you for getting me off my @ss to finally take some photos of my collection. With this tent setup, I don't have to wait for nice day outside - I still wished my lights were brighter so I didn't have to use such a high ISO or had a better camera so it was less grainy at high ISO - oh well, this means I need a new DSLR!

That's the beauty of airbrushing a thinned down light mist of dark grey over the black areas, it lightens the black, but at the same time, it darkens the white tampo printed "NO STEP" so they don't appear as stark/contrasty against the black background. It was a "two-for-one" solution! Now I don't have to hunt down or make decals like I always have to with my Yamacadias (my YF-19 looks so bare next to my Bandais).

No problem! You can compensate for the not so good lighting by lowering your shutter speed and lower your ISO for less grain, but you will need a tripod. Oooh... new DLSR!

Daylight Bulbs and some simple desklamps work in a pinch. Thats what I use...

Although, Im different from saburo in the fact I use a white background and a mirrored surface...

Yes, a set of desk lamps and daylight bulbs will be much better. :)

Edited by Saburo

well, I'm a tad upset now. First time since I"ve used Nippon Yasan for a couple years now, I just got a notice from Fedex for 20 dollar taxes charge on top of what I already paid for shipping on this thing.

XFJ-01A got invoiced by FedEX too. He was going to look into it.

well, I'm a tad upset now. First time since I"ve used Nippon Yasan for a couple years now, I just got a notice from Fedex for 20 dollar taxes charge on top of what I already paid for shipping on this thing.

XFJ-01A got invoiced by FedEX too. He was going to look into it.

Gonna throw it up here, that I once ordered a blu-ray box set from Mandarake, and they offered FedEx because it was cheaper than EMS. Turns out, Fedex wanted me to pay an extra fee (can't remember the amount, think it was about $10) when they sent it to my house.

Needless to say I was kinda miffed, and asked them for an explanation. They said it was indicated on their invoice (WHAT INVOICE?!).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I ended up forking it out because it was still ultimately cheaper than EMS.

Also, I think this has been covered already, but I probably missed it. So I got my YF-30 in the mail, and it was pretty nice and all. Haven't gotten around to transforming it, but out of the box, the wings were folded for packaging. I tried putting them up for flight mode, and on one side, the wing just refuses to tab in.

Anybody had this same issue? And any ideas on how I can remedy it? Worse case scenario, this will be the piece I leave in Battroid mode.