Next up...Sharon Apple?

Tochiro

Looks "Thanks Giving Day" style Miku-san, not Mikupa one. I heard this event was the promotion of Project Diva-f. 5pb didn't touch this event and SEGA led this one, right?

Many fans say SEGA is superior to 5pb in Miku-san's concerts, but many effects in this movie. I have a BD of 2010's concert by SEGA, almost no effects. After Mikupa by 5pb, the effects increased. They have some influence on each other.

waiiiiiiiiiiit.........did ppl actually pay to see that? Or am I really just that heartless about Vocaloid?

I went to Toho cinemas Roppongi to watch the live viewing of Mar 9th's concert this year. Even in the movie theater, many audience were cheering holding glow sticks.

Edited by antibiotictab

Looks cool (would look cooler with less animu) but Jesus that music is terrible and those corny glowsticks do not help...not for me at all

Edited by xrentonx

Don't acting like Eve Tokimatsuri...

Eve is like Aimi Eguchi from AKB48 rather than Miku-san.

She is a virtual character, but never revealed about it first. She was introduced like a real human. And never performed in front of the audience because she is just a computer-generated figure.

icenomi_aimiwp01_1920_1200.jpg

On the other hand, Miku-san is apparently known as a virtual character based on the Vocaloid software. But she performs on the stage. And change the figure instantly. When Sharon appeared in the movie first, only a server thing was on the screen. Sharon is also a well-known computer-generated thing like Miku-san.

I call her "Miku-san" because without saying like that, many fans get mad saying "san wo tsukeroyo, dekosuke yaro." You know what they mean. lol

Edited by antibiotictab

• 9 months later...

Moving from SCOOPUDA re GUMI - Ranka's voice Vocaloid - and English.

V3 is, as it seems to me, apparently better at English - the V2 English ones (Sonika etc, as well as the bilingual Luka) were somewhat unnatural while some V3 songs (Oliver etc) are good. And English Vocaloid use is rising.

Also, the Japanese Vocaloids have acquired a foreign following who want, speicfically, these voices. The big hit could be an English Miku but she is repeatedly delayed, probably because they can't make her sound any good. While GUMI *is* good.

And in case of GUMI there are, probably, also the Macross Frontier fans who want GUMI because of Ranka. (I wonder why Internet Co did not make a May'n Vocaloid too).

P.S. Regarding the terrible music. Vocaloid "producers" (anyone can be one by acquiring a Vocaloid) make all sorts of music. A very wide range exists. Then the concert organizers select the stuff to play. If the concert music seems horrible to you,. that means your taste is radically different from that of the organizers.

Edited by Saruta

That's pretty much understood (goes without saying). :)

I forgot what this thread was about. I was excited about Sharon Apple and everything :(

I wonder if the software is sold well outside of Japan. So skeptical.

There are many songs made from Vocaloids, but many of them were made by Japanese fans, because of the DTM, Desk Top Music culture has been deeply taken roots here in Japan.

They have been used to the MIDI, Musical Instrument Digital Interface, so they could accept the Vocaloids easily. I don't know about the amateur musicians outside of Japan, but many of those in Japan bought the Synthesizers and DTM software and used them, rather than guitars and drums.

To use the Vocaloids is too difficult for beginners, so Yowane Haku was born.

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Yowane_Haku

If you thought of Vocaloids as "character items" or some sort, I could never recommend it.

Edited by antibiotictab

There are some people in the West who can do DTM too. Here is a thread on the VocaloidOtaku.net forum with a list of "overseas producers".

http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/20291-overseas-producers/

For some reason it does not list one of my favourites, MsConstantine-P (and she got the -P on Nico from someone in Japan apparently)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MsConstantine91

(see "Vocaloid original" list)

Unfortunately she does not seem to have GUMI yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Accidentally, GUMI's birthday event is held in Shinagawa today.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv139464466

J-SQUARE is known by the Niconico Live program, "Denpa Chouhou Kyoku," May'n's weekly program is broadcast from the venue.

Edited by antibiotictab