Blu-ray release date: April 24th

Apparently there will be 2 versions, regular and limited.

Amazon links:

Ltd: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B00AM70OV6/

Regular: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B00AM70OSO/

Nice spot!

Among the more interesting things in the more expensive first pressing are a selection of footage from the Firebomber 2012 concerts, the staff talk from the premiere and some new music videos.

Looks like some of the extras are interesting. They have a special edit version of the Fire Bomber 2012 concert, so that Megumi/Fukuyama/Chie+no-synths version of the medley will almost certainly be there.

Argh, I've been EXO-sniped!! :lol:

Edited by Renato

great!! this is the description from CDJapan:

Additional special disc includes "Fire Bomber 2012" digest video, stage greeting (guests: Tetsuro Amino, Aya Endou, Megumi Nakajima, Yoshiki Fukuyama), new music clip "Nyan Nyan Frie! Totsugeki Planet Explosion" and "Virgin Story", trailer, CM, special web radio "Sheryl Nome Wave" (10 episodes), Also comes with 24 page booklet and "Macross SP Cross Deculture!!!" special item code in a special case illustrated by character designers of both original series Haruhiko Mikimoto and Risa Ebata.

Special Features: audio commentary

yay! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No information about the "OrenoUtawoIkebukurodeKike!" event? On March 16 at Cinema Sunshine in Ikebukuro.

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/macrossfb7/news.html

The tickets are still available.

The attendees are Amino-san, Kanna-san (Basara), Sakurai-san (Mylene), and Touyama-san (Gavil).

• 4 weeks later...

With the BD less than a month away, what better way to advertise than...a truck!

post-9325-0-35315700-1364533655.jpg

Pre-order bonuses for FB7 have also been announced.

Preorder at ANIMATE for an A2-sized clear tapestry by character designer Hirotaka Marufuji.

post-9325-0-16622700-1364533649.jpg

Preorder at SOFTMAP for a mini photo album with cover-art by Hirotaka Marufuji

post-9325-0-43153200-1364533651_thumb.jpg

Preorder at FAMILY MART for a clear A4 file featuring the jacket illustration:
post-9325-0-49073400-1364533653.jpg

That truck. I wanted to keep it the secret until I upload its photos on "Macross in the weirdest places." lol

I will try to take some in Makuhari during ACE.
I wonder if the tapestry is available even at Animate shops in Taiwan and Mainland China.

Edited by antibiotictab

I've already have ordered mine (Limtied Edition) from amiami.jp :D

I don't know their PO bonus though ^^;;;

The store link:

BD LE: BD マクロスFB7 オレノウタヲキケ! 初回限定版 (Blu-ray Disc)[バンダイビジュアル]《04月予約》

BD Regular: BD マクロスFB7 オレノウタヲキケ! 通常版 (Blu-ray Disc)[バンダイビジュアル]《04月予約※暫定》

Edited by Skull_Commander

The commercial for FB7 was playing on a nice big(-ish) screen at Anime Contents Expo last weekend :)

(Shoji Kawamori was there as well - but to talk up the 2nd season of AKB0048)

attachicon.gifFB71.JPG

Kawamori-san appeared in ACE, too? He and Satelight attended both TAF and ACE, hmm. It cost them much...

That photo was taken in ACE but not at the Satelight booth. It was the Bandai Visual booth.

Edited by antibiotictab

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone ready for the ROCK SHOW? lol

http://www.macrossworld.com/4706/director-macross-fb7-isnt-a-movie-its-a-rock-show/#more-4706

Fukuyama: I was surprised when I heard that a series

and OVA from 18 years ago was going to be turned into a movie. Actually,

there was a (Macross 7) movie back in the day and I snuck into the

theater to see it. I did the same for this one too, at this very cinema.

Not on this screen, but on screen 11 or something like that, although

some people recognized me on the way out.

Tsk. Some people, eh? Those guys must have been real annoying. ;)

I have been waiting for the report of the "OrenoUtawoIkebukurodeKike!" event in Ikebukuro, too. Some of you guys went to Cinema Sunshine, didn't you?

I have been waiting for the report of the "OrenoUtawoIkebukurodeKike!" event in Ikebukuro, too. Some of you guys went to Cinema Sunshine, didn't you?

Yeah, I think Tochiro went, I'm not sure.

I don't remember if that is also going to be included in the BD/DVD, though.

What I would give to own that promotional Basara and Mylene pop stand. I wonder if they are available somewhere... Not that I'll probably be able to afford one.

The reason I say that is because I own a Rei Ayanami 1:1 pop stand that I bought for quite a fair amount of dollars at a con. I haven't been able to find anymore of them or any info on them on the internet either. So I'm guessing they are pretty rare.

Ah man not to mention that awesome guitar as well.

What I would give to own that promotional Basara and Mylene pop stand. I wonder if they are available somewhere... Not that I'll probably be able to afford one.

The reason I say that is because I own a Rei Ayanami 1:1 pop stand that I bought for quite a fair amount of dollars at a con. I haven't been able to find anymore of them or any info on them on the internet either. So I'm guessing they are pretty rare.

Ah man not to mention that awesome guitar as well.

Well the guitar is STILL due to be released eventually. It was shown at Arcadia's booth at the last Wonderfest, meaning they have taken it over from Yamato. The only thing is that there is only that one prototype at this stage, so its just a matter of time and saving lots of monies.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35086&page=1entry911282

Cant speak for the FB7 cutouts, but I have this little piece in the living room. Offerings are made to it daily ;-)

post-9325-0-50925400-1366544967_thumb.jpg

I just got my Blu-ray tonight, I've put it on in the background, but I noticed one very, VERY interesting thing.

I posted this in the Yamato VF-19 thread over in the toys forum, so I apologize for double-posting.

Now, I had my suspicions before, but now I am 100% convinced that the CG VF-19kai that appears in the animation is a tweaked CAD model of the Yamato VF19
mold. There is no denying it, the joints, the seams, the proportions, etc.

There, what more proof do you guys need? Best Macross toy ever. It is so good, that they retroactively fitted it into the anime itself. Yamato reinvented anime magic!!

I couldn't get screencaps with my software, but I'll see if I can just take a photo of the TV screen and show you what I mean. :)

The valk is prominently featured in the newly-animated music video sequences ("new" footage which was not in the movie). It was in fighter mode for the most part and I was thinking "that is quite obviously the Yamato mold...". Then it transformed and, yes, it is identical.

I remember discussing with VF5SS the visible feet in the VF-22's fighter mode in one of the animated sequences for the PSP games, and I jokingly suggested that they were using Yamato's CADs. Now there is absolutely no doubt at all. ;)