Uhm, no. The counter is for ships.  See definition 1: http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/sjis/dose...%C7&WC=none

Eh... I still have a hard time visualizing all these later models of transforming battleship as being made up of a bunch of different ships stuck together. It was plausible enough with the original ship and ARMDs (and its ad hoc replacements in Super Dimension Fortress Macross), but to have every single part be a different ship just raises all sorts of really uncomfortable questions about practicality. Do these things all have separate propulsion systems too? All I'm left with is the bizarre mental image of a single left arm, complete with flight deck (but no hangars) sailing toward the enemy fleet.

But why? MII is a different continuity, and so far the publisher has been following the Studio Nue continuity. I won't be surprised if it's DYRL > games > MII chronology for the remaining 3 issues.

Okay... I'm not sure why you're asking, since the answer to your question is in the part of my post that you quoted, but whatever... I'll play ball. Like I've already said, it'd be a real surprise if they suddenly turned around and tried to cover Macross II's continuity because they've been pointedly ignoring all but the most basic stuff. Apart from their single mention of the Takachihof company, there's nothing to indicate that they know about or care about the backstory which Macross II's creators made for the OVA. Even basic details that could gone a long way towards making the handful of Macross II articles better are wrong or missing. Just to give a few quick examples:

• The SNN Valkyrie mechanic sheet makes no mention of the aircraft's manufacturer, year of introduction, designation, or design predecessor.
  • The VF-2SS Valkyrie II mechanic sheet presents no development history, has incorrect information for the fighter's armaments, and displays an incorrect progression in the development chart.
  • The Weapons of the Mardook mechanic sheet displays incorrect sizes for all of the mecha... several of which are as much as 50% larger than the sizes provided by Macross II's creators.

That aside, the Glossary sheets don't even mention the alternate universe VFs and ships, except for those which appear in the Macross II OVA... no Daedalus II-class ARMD, no VF-1R Valkyrie, and no VF-4 Siren. As those are all pretty damn important to the continuity, I think we can safely say that there's not going to be much (if any) real coverage of the Macross II continuity in the remaining timeline sheets. Our best bet is that it's a three-parter which covers just DYRL or something along those lines.

Okay... I'm not sure why you're asking, since the answer to your question is in the part of my post that you quoted, but whatever...

Actually, it wasn't. And you missed the point of my question.

In long form: Why would you be surprised if the timeline covers Macross II content in a seperate section from the Studio Nue continuity, especially since the mechanic/characters/etc sections are covering Macross II content in seperate sections? Shouldn't you be happy that there is more Macross II promotion... erm, content?

In response to the unasked for stuff: are you sure that they are in error? Maybe the content that you're comparing it to is in error... (now, before you go off on a diatribe, I'm just pointing out the possibility and don't care for the song and dance justification).

Edited by sketchley

Azrael will be happy to know that the DYRL VF1A has been crammed into one double sheet only (Hikaru, Kakizaki and Max) ^_^

That doesn't remove the fact that there's still VF-1 material... <_<

In long form: Why would you be surprised if the timeline covers Macross II content in a seperate section from the Studio Nue continuity, especially since the mechanic/characters/etc sections are covering Macross II content in seperate sections? Shouldn't you be happy that there is more Macross II promotion... erm, content?

'kay... I'm not sure how my answer could possibly have been unclear the last two times I gave it. You're usually a pretty sharp guy, so I figured you of all people would get it right away... lemme quote the important part from my previous post. The important bits are in bold for your convenience:

Like I've already said, it'd be a real surprise if they suddenly turned around and tried to cover Macross II's continuity because they've been pointedly ignoring all but the most basic stuff. Apart from their single mention of the Takachihof company, there's nothing to indicate that they know about or care about the backstory which Macross II's creators made for the OVA.

So, yes... like I've said, I would have good cause to be surprised if Macross Chronicle suddenly pulled a 180 in their attitude towards Macross II coverage and decided to cover all of the relevant continuity information they've been gleefully ignoring for the magazine's entire print run thus far. They've been ignoring it for around 46 issues now, so suddenly acknowledging it would be rather unexpected. If the writers at Macross Chronicle had all of this at their disposal from the very beginning, why would they wait until now to use it? It would've gone a LONG way towards bringing the quality of the Macross II mechanic sheets up to the same standard as those for the main continuity's mecha. If it is a Macross II-related continuity sheet (and the odds of that are rather slim) then it's a fairly safe bet that it'll be a MASSIVE ass-pull rather than anything resembling accurate coverage.

In response to the unasked for stuff: are you sure that they are in error? Maybe the content that you're comparing it to is in error... (now, before you go off on a diatribe, I'm just pointing out the possibility and don't care for the song and dance justification).

No such possibility, I'm afraid... unless of course you're suggesting that Macross II's creators didn't know their own show, and that everything they produced including the production line art and the final animation is wrong. The sources which come directly from the OVA's creators are consistent with the animation and each other. Macross Chronicle is not.

That doesn't remove the fact that there's still VF-1 material... <_<

Just think... if Sketchley's right and Chronicle's writers are going to cover Macross II's continuity, you could be in for a whole second set of development histories for the VF-1A, VF-1D, VF-1J, VF-1S, VT-1, and VE-1! Doesn't that just thrill you to death? :p

Edited by Seto Kaiba

WOOHOO! Got my order of Macross Chronicle issues #26-#45 on Friday. Now I need binders and I need to buy page folders :)

Lot's of great stuff in all of them and I can tell I have to correct colors for a few more of the existing mecha on my site (although fewer than I had originally thought, which is good). They've included many more pieces of line art I've never seen before in the old Macross art books (at least the half dozen I own) and I'm sure to enjoy those. I gotta say that the new statistics for the VF-9 Cutlass were a VERY welcome sight. Plenty of goodies to gush over in this huge batch of issues and I'm really glad that the series is almost over. It's been a long haul, but ultimately this is the guide to Macross I've always wanted.

Edited by Mr March

WOOHOO! Got my order of Macross Chronicle issues #26-#45 on Friday. Now I need binders and I need to buy page folders :)

Lot's of great stuff in all of them and I can tell I have to correct colors for a few more of the existing mecha on my site (although fewer than I had originally thought, which is good). They've included many more pieces of line art I've never seen before in the old Macross art books (at least the half dozen I own) and I'm sure to enjoy those. I gotta say that the new statistics for the VF-9 Cutlass were a VERY welcome sight. Plenty of goodies to gush over in this huge batch of issues and I'm really glad that the series is almost over. It's been a long haul, but ultimately this is the guide to Macross I've always wanted.

I agree completely. Despite a few errors and gaps, Chronicle has been completely worthwhile. Tons of great info, tons of great art, and I'm really happy that they decided to publish it. I know this is a kind of apples-and-oranges comparison, but I've been getting Gundam Ace pretty much since its inception (I found out about it when issue #2 came out...luckily, the shop also had a few copies of issue #1 in stock as well), and sometimes I've been eager for each new issue, other times I've just bought it out of a sense of obligation. With Macross Chronicle, while some issues I looked more forward to than others, buying it never felt like a chore to me.

That said, I'm not unhappy that it'll be ending soon. While I'll miss getting my biweekly fix, 50 issues seems like enough to me. And GETTING those 50 issues has been pretty damn expensive, truth be told... :ph34r:

The Chronicle can be expensive over all, but the manner of it's publication has made it quite affordable.

It's also REALLY important to stress the value of the Macross Chronicle even for the casual Macross fan. The Macross Chronicle is a very visual publication that one can enjoy despite the language barrier. There's simply so much to see and, true to many anime fan guides, the Chronicle is littered with English titles, measurements and miscellaneous facts. Beyond the obvious mecha and character art sections, there are full page posters of amazing marketing art for all the series, newly created diagrams for battles or other locales, visual color code guides for everything from FAST packs to armor/missiles and amazing splash page art for the World Guides, History Sheets and Technology pages. If you've got the Chronicle and a scanner, you will never want for Macross wallpaper on your computer ever again. :)

If you're a Macross fan that has owned very few Macross fan books or is looking get the most out of their dollar by owning one book series that is an acceptable substitute for all the other Macross fan books (rare, out of print or otherwise), the Chronicle is THE choice for you.

Edited by Mr March

So, yes... like I've said, I would have good cause to be surprised if Macross Chronicle suddenly pulled a 180 in their attitude towards Macross II coverage

Gah! Let your pessimism go for a while, dude! Macross II content is good content.

Anyhow, blah blah blah, the people behind Macross Chronicle (which includes Kawamori-sama, if not other creators of the various Macross productions) have altered and revised parts of the backstory for the Studio Nue version. Why is it so hard to understand that the same revisions are also applied to the non-Studio Nue version?

If that doesn't make sense, then: can you remember what you told a magazine reporter 15 years ago about a project that fizzled out? Especially if you've gone on to make oodles of other projects? Who are you to say that the Macross II creator's have infalible memory and are not allowed to change their minds? Or that the big bosses, Big West, aren't allowed to finesse the data to bring it closer to the Studio Nue version so that they can sell it?

So, again, let go the pessimism. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Yadda yadda yadda. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And just live with it, like March has done with his website.

Edited by sketchley

Gah! Let your pessimism go for a while, dude! Macross II content is good content.

Eh, any exposure for Macross II is a good thing... but the only kind of coverage that's good for ANY Macross title is accurate coverage. Coverage that isn't accurate, and clearly does not represent what it's the animation or production materials is not good content. I've put rather a lot of time and effort in against fixing all of the idiot mistakes Palladium made, and now Chronicle is throwing a few more onto the pile for me.

Why is it so hard to understand that the same revisions are also applied to the non-Studio Nue version?

Hmmm... could it possibly be that these "revisions" you keep gabbing on about clearly and blatantly contradict what's shown in the animation and production materials? If Chronicle said that Hikaru married Minmay not Misa, would that make it correct? Of course not! It wouldn't make any sense, and it would contradict the series.

The few things that we can say with 100% certainty are intentional changes are usually done for an obvious and logical reason... often to make the official stats more readily conform to what's shown when they're depicted. These are good, sound changes that SHOULD be made. I have no complaints about these. Then you have the things that are obviously typos... where you can clearly see what went awry, and the end result makes no sense and contradicts the article. You also the blatant ass-pulls... things which clearly made it through editorial because they couldn't find official data in time, and they absolutely needed to have something there. These are often things where an official answer which is both well-precedented and reflects the animation exists, but is simply too obscure for them to have found quickly and easily.

Now, what I'm taking issue with here is those "changes" that fall into the third category... where they're obvious and blatant ass-pulls that clearly contradict what's shown in the animation and production line art, and were clearly done because they couldn't find an official answer. If it's a choice between a Macross Chronicle answer that doesn't match what's in the animation and an old, well-precedented answer from the show's creators that does reflect what's in the animation... determining which is the correct answer should be a no-brainer. (free hint, it ain't the one in Chronicle)

If that doesn't make sense, then: can you remember what you told a magazine reporter 15 years ago about a project that fizzled out? Especially if you've gone on to make oodles of other projects? Who are you to say that the Macross II creator's have infalible memory and are not allowed to change their minds? Or that the big bosses, Big West, aren't allowed to finesse the data to bring it closer to the Studio Nue version so that they can sell it?

Now y'see... you're digging deep into hypotheticals here. There's no indication that they're doing that. None at all. The Macross II sources are, as I am usually the first to admit, quite obscure. Exhaustive research takes time, and on deadlines like theirs, sometimes you just can't swing it. Some of it is quite embarrassing, like the VF-2SS and VA-1SS armaments, which could easily have been done right by looking at the line-art they were printing on the sheet anyway. By in large, Macross Chronicle's writers haven't dicked with the Macross II setting. The vast majority of "changes" made fall into the first category... new information that brings the mecha closer to what the animation and the line art shows. This is good coverage, and I'm thankful for every bit of it that we get.

The reason I'm so down on the idea of a Macross II timeline is, as I've said MANY times already, because if they had the sources necessary to do that and make it reflect what the official Macross II continuity actually contains, then they wouldn't have had to do most of the handful of ass-pulls that've made the cut. If they did go ahead with the Macross II timeline sheet anyway, I would have legitimate cause to worry, since they would have no alternative than to do a massive ass-pull... possibly omitting important events that are integral to the story of the Macross II OVA and the continuity as a whole. At the risk of pointing out the obvious... that would be a bad thing.

Y'know Sketchley, in the spirit of total honesty I really do have to say that I'm finding your attempts to tell me that I have no grounds to be annoyed by the inaccurate coverage Macross II is receiving kind of rude. It's like you're telling me that I'm not entitled to an opinion of my own, or that I'm not allowed to care about things like whether the coverage accurately reflects the contents of the OVA. If I'm going to pay to support this publication... and then pay a further premium on that to get it shipped to me overseas, then I think I'm entitled to express my concerns about the accuracy of its coverage. Don't you?

Y'know Sketchley, in the spirit of total honesty I really do have to say that I'm finding your attempts to tell me that I have no grounds to be annoyed by the inaccurate coverage Macross II is receiving kind of rude. It's like you're telling me that I'm not entitled to an opinion of my own, or that I'm not allowed to care about things like whether the coverage accurately reflects the contents of the OVA. If I'm going to pay to support this publication... and then pay a further premium on that to get it shipped to me overseas, then I think I'm entitled to express my concerns about the accuracy of its coverage. Don't you?

No. It's you're over-the-top statements pointing out the errors that are too much.

Venting is ok (the data is in error), but your venting is filled with such vehemence that it begs the question, "why buy it if you hate it as much as you're portraying yourself as hating it?" :p

No. It's you're over-the-top statements pointing out the errors that are too much.

Is it really over-the-top to explain my concerns about the accuracy of a potential alternate universe timeline sheet? I'd be inclined to say "no". Perhaps you're mistaking my habitually detailed answers for drama? I'm a scholar by nature, backing up my assertions and being precise are deeply ingrained habits. :rolleyes:

Venting is ok (the data is in error), but your venting is filled with such vehemence that it begs the question, "why buy it if you hate it as much as you're portraying yourself as hating it?" :p

Wait... how am I the bad guy here? :p You asked your question. You got an answer... and then you complained about it and started playing devil's advocate about whether or not the errors were intended to be "corrections". This would've ended six posts ago if you hadn't made a fuss about my thoughts on a potential Macross II timeline sheet. :rolleyes:

I don't hate it by any means, it just annoys me every now and again by throwing obviously-incorrect data my way when I hope against hope that it'll add something of value to my understanding of the OVA and its universe instead. Of course, in the context of my currently-ongoing discussion with Mr March, I find myself profoundly grateful that all the screwups in the articles I'm looking at are little ones... the guy writing the VF-19F/S sheets could see Port Good Article without a magnifying glass, but got overenthusiastic and landed at the Cockup Peninsula instead. :lol:

And here you thought my hatred of VF-1, Lynn Minmay and Mylene articles was bad.

Be glad they didn't give Macross II's continuity total coverage... you'd have to endure two sets of sheets for every VF-1 variant except the VF-1X, and three new variants on top of that! :p

Revised predictions for the final 10

Mechanic:

M0 - UN

03 VF-0D <- called it

05 Ship-Borne aircraft - transport helicopters, refuelling craft, F-14A+ if we're lucky.

06 Cheyenne <- called it

SDFM - UN

01d SDF-1 ship systems (fold drive, gravity control, PPB control, etc.)

04c&d VF-1A <- unexpected

05 VF-1D <- called it

16 Space ship-borne craft <- called it

I wonder if we'll ever see the VEFR-1/VF-1G and the magic hands...

Zentraadi

02 Gluag <- called it

03 Nousjadel-ger <- called it

Civilian

02 Fan Liner <- called it

03b Civilian Vehicles <- missed!

FB - UN

02 VF-4 <- called it

M+ - UN

02c YF-21 transformation <- called it

03c VF-11 transformation <- called it

04 X-9 Ghost <- called it

M7 - UN

01a City 7 / Battle 7 <- called it

01c City 7 <- called it

02c VF-19 Basara Nekki Special <- Missed!

04b VF-17 Kai Sound Booster <- called it

06b VF-11 Full Armour <- called it

08b VF-19 Excalibur super packs <- Missed

09b M7 Fleet: remaining 4 ships <- called it

11 ??? Destroids?

13 ???

Zentraadi <- not coming???

01 Quadlunn-Rau

02 Meltraandi Fleet

Varoota

01c transformation

02 Az-130 (maybe a B sheet, with transformation)

04b Varoota fleet: remaining 5 ships

D7 - UN

01c VF-5000 transformation <- called it

Citizen

02 Graham's Armour and launch ship/sled <- called it

MF - UN

01a Macross Frontier <- called it

01b City Frontier

Civilian

01b Macross Quarter interior <- called it

03a Super parts. Transformation, too?

09a Macross Frontier Citizen Vehicles <- Missed

Etc

01a Varuta <- called it

02b (Macross Galaxy) Mainland

04 Macross Galaxy Fleet (Deneb Class, Darfim)

DYRL - UN

01D ship interior (non-bridge sections)

03a VF-1

03b Super VF-1

04a VT-1 and VE-1

Zentraadi

01 Regult, Nousjadel-ger, etc.

02b Zentraadi fleet (rest of the ships) <- called it

Meltrandi

03b Meltrandi fleet (rest of the ships)

MII - UN

01b VF-2SS FAST packs <- called it

02a VF-2JA Icarus

03a Metal Siren <- called it

05a UN Forces weapons (remaining unpublished mecha) <- called it

06b UN Forces Fleet (remaining ships) <- called it

Extra Sheet

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 1: VF-9 <- Missed

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 2 <- Missed

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 3

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 4 <- Missed

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 5 <- Missed

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 6 <- Missed

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 7 <- Missed

History - M0

01 UN War

SDFM

02 UN War <- called it

05 Sara Mars Base <- called it

15 Interstellar Wedding <- Missed!

16 Destruction of Earth

17 Factory Satellite Recovery Operation <- semi-called it

18 Reconstruction Years <- revised

FB

01 Minmei sayonara concert / departure of Megaroad 01 <- called it

M7

04b remaining Protodevlin

08a Planet Rax Battle <- semi-called it

08b Planet Rax Battle <- semi-called it

10 End of the Varoota War

MF

08 End of the Vajra War <- called it

MII

01 MII entire history <- addition

Tech

01d VF missiles <- called it

01i cockpits/ejector seats <- missed

01j ???

01l Variable Attacker <- missed

01p MF VFs

02b Destroid development <- semi-called it

03c I've been left with a feeling that there is more to say on Emigrant ships. Especially about Mainland 1.

12a Flight/Space Suits <- missed

13 Supervision Forces equipment/weapons

15a Dimension Weapons <- missed

16 Varoota equipment/weapons

17 Protoculture equipment/weapons

Worldguide

01a Earth UN Government <- called it

02a UN Spacy

03a ???

04b Zentraadi <- missed

08 Vajra <- called it

12 General Galaxy

13b Super Long Range Emigration Fleet <- called it

14 Idol <- called it

21 Zola & various planets <- semi-called it

24 Mankind Seeding Plan <- missed

26 Super Dimensional Restruarant "Nyan-nyan" <- missed

27 Propaganda Films <- missed

28 South Ataria Island

29 Varoota War

I wonder if we'll ever see the VEFR-1/VF-1G and the magic hands...

Possible, but unlikely to have a sheet of its own. It'd make sense to include it either as an "Extra Report" or small section on the VE-1 sheet... assuming they don't combine the VE-1 and VT-1 sheets into one four-page spread.

Zentraadi <- not coming???

For Macross 7? I'd be surprised if they did... after all, they were one-episode antagonists, and their mecha weren't any different from the DYRL models.

02a VF-2JA Icarus

You'll hear no complaints from me if this one gets a quick and quiet one page front-and-back mechanic sheet and not a four-page spread. It's just to minor to merit it, unless they're aiming to shove all of the transformation details and other gear onto the other two sides of a page. I just hope they get the size right. (That's all I'm asking guys... you can do that much for me, right?)

MII

01 MII entire history <- addition

Now this would be a welcome surprise, assuming they get the order of events right. It's not going to be terribly complex, since the Mardook basically just go from an advance fleet to Mars, the main fleet to Jupiter, and then move everything in system to Earth.

I agree completely. Despite a few errors and gaps, Chronicle has been completely worthwhile.

If you're a Macross fan that has owned very few Macross fan books or is looking get the most out of their dollar by owning one book series that is an acceptable substitute for all the other Macross fan books (rare, out of print or otherwise), the Chronicle is THE choice for you.

I agree, too. despite some things I didn't like, Chronicle is absolutely worth getting, despite the overall price, some omissions and errors. As March said, even if you don't read Japanese (I don't). And if you own most of the old "hardcore fan" Macross books, there are plenty of never before seen linearts and illustrations to justify buing it as an excellent "complete" source. Besides, you'll get most of the previously published b&w material in color!

I tried to figure out how on Earth the Glossary entries are organized but I haven't been able to fathom it. Can someone shed a light for a poor Japanese-impaired Macross fan like me, please?

On a side note, if someone is interested in seeing Macross Chronicle bigger previews before buying it, check this guy's blog (search for Macross entries):

Collect 'em all

I tried to figure out how on Earth the Glossary entries are organized but I haven't been able to fathom it. Can someone shed a light for a poor Japanese-impaired Macross fan like me, please?

It's lexicographically ordered (akin to alphabetically ordered, for those that can't be bothered to Google it...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepburn_roman...on#For_hiragana

The glossary is currently up to ま (ma). Given that there are only 4 more (planned) issues remaining, there's either not a lot of content in the remaining kana, or we're going to get more than one glossary sheet per issue.

Edited by sketchley

It's lexicographically ordered (akin to alphabetically ordered, for those that can't be bothered to Google it...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepburn_roman...on#For_hiragana

The glossary is currently up to ま (ma). Given that there are only 4 more (planned) issues remaining, there's either not a lot of content in the remaining kana, or we're going to get more than one glossary sheet per issue.

Understood. Thanks!

I agree, too. despite some things I didn't like, Chronicle is absolutely worth getting, despite the overall price, some omissions and errors. As March said, even if you don't read Japanese (I don't). And if you own most of the old "hardcore fan" Macross books, there are plenty of never before seen linearts and illustrations to justify buing it as an excellent "complete" source. Besides, you'll get most of the previously published b&w material in color!

Well said. I also feel there is a certain significant immersible effect gained by reading the Chronicle. The issues explore previous Macross series in a new and updated way using professional colored line art, modern publishing presentation and new computer artwork. Much like Macross The First, fans can really get a sense of re-introduction to an old favorite as the shows, characters and mecha are respectfully detailed in a book made with care. The Chronicle evokes a re-appreciation for the Macross franchise through an updated, modern examination of the many Macross productions. The Chronicle is also a reaffirmation of the enduring popularity of the Macross franchise.

Lastly, the serialized publication of the Macross Chronicle allows fans to be selective. You don't have to buy ever issue, you can simply purchase your favorites. I definitely encourage other fans to enjoy the Chronicle series.

Lastly, the serialized publication of the Macross Chronicle allows fans to be selective. You don't have to buy ever issue, you can simply purchase your favorites. I definitely encourage other fans to enjoy the Chronicle series.

Kinda true, but it seems to me that the editors tried to avoid "selectivity" by deliberately putting one or two things that most fans would care DEEPLY about in with one or two things that no one cares about much. The HIGHLY selective fan (say, someone who ONLY likes one particular series) can pick and choose, but most people will have to catch 'em all.

Naturally the Chronicle issues are structured to entice you to "buy more" like any good merchandise. But few fans actually like everything (or are unwilling to shoulder the expense to collect them all) and most have their selected favorites. While you may not be able to get your favorite characters or mecha buy buying only a single issue, it's not required of a fan to buy everything to get a full profile of a few select favorites.

#47 is out. DYRL Kakizaki VF1A on the cover, yeah!

Next issue contents from Macross Chronicle official site. Anyone care to translate?

* ■エクストラシート

・ゲーム&アドバンスドバルキリー2/VF-3000 クルセイダー

* ■メカニックシート

・VF-25F メサイア

・マクロス・フロンティア

・ヌージャデル・ガー

* ■キャラクターシート

・早乙女アルト

・ライザ・ホイリー

* ■タイムラインシート

・巨人たちに響いたラブソング

* ■ヒストリーシート

・統合軍と反統合同盟

* ■ワールドガイドシート

・軍事メーカー

・マルドゥーク

* ■テクノロジーシート

・バリアブルファイター/変形機構

* ■用語辞典

・妖精~リン・ミンメイ

* ■グッズシート

・マクロス関連書籍

* ■エクストラシート

・作品データ 劇場版マクロスF

~イツワリノウタヒメ~

・ゲーム&アドバンスドバルキリー6

Next issue had VF 3000 Splash page!

From what I could understand with Google translator:

HISTORY: Anti UInification forces

CHARACTERS: Liza (from M7), Alto B sheet

Edited by nexxstrait

* ■エクストラシート

・ゲーム&アドバンスドバルキリー2/VF-3000 クルセイダー

Game and Advanced VF 2: VF-3000 Crusader

* ■メカニックシート

Mechanic Sheet

・VF-25F メサイア

VF-25F Messiah

・マクロス・フロンティア

Macross Frontier

・ヌージャデル・ガー

Nuujaderu Gaa (Nousjadel-Gar)

* ■キャラクターシート

Character Sheet

・早乙女アルト

Saotome Aruto

・ライザ・ホイリー

Raiza Hoirii

* ■タイムラインシート

Timeline sheet

・巨人たちに響いたラブソング

The lovesong reverbrating in the giants

* ■ヒストリーシート

History Sheet

・統合軍と反統合同盟

UN Forces and the Anti-UN Alliance

* ■ワールドガイドシート

Worldguide Sheet

・軍事メーカー

Military Mecha

・マルドゥーク

Mardook

* ■テクノロジーシート

Technology Sheet

・バリアブルファイター/変形機構

Variable Fighter / transformation mechanism

* ■用語辞典

Glossary

・妖精~リン・ミンメイ

Fairy - Rin Minmei

* ■グッズシート

Goods Sheet

・マクロス関連書籍

Macross related publications

* ■エクストラシート

Extra sheet

・作品データ 劇場版マクロスF

Prduction Data: Theatrical Macross F

~イツワリノウタヒメ~

The False Princess

・ゲーム&アドバンスドバルキリー6

Game and Advanced VF 6

PS it's not out for another 8 hours.

As tomorrow's the first day of the Golden Week holiday, I might be able to get the review up earlier than usual. Of course, as it's a holiday, I might not even get to a bookstore nor be near the computer...

As tomorrow's the first day of the Golden Week holiday, I might be able to get the review up earlier than usual. Of course, as it's a holiday, I might not even get to a bookstore nor be near the computer...

Oh, don't worry. I did not mean to hurry you! In the meantime, let's hope the MF blog and News page gives us some juicy bits of previews for #49 & 50.

Edited by nexxstrait

Worldguide Sheet

・マルドゥーク

Mardook

Okay, now this merits interest on my part... though I don't expect much more than has already been said on the People of the Mardook character sheet. If they delve into (or even build on) the material from the Kenichi Yatagai interview in B-Club 79 I'll consider it a rousing success. Either way, the art's pretty and you get points in my book for romanizing "Mardook" correctly. Even Google Translate mangles it into the name of the Babylonian god Marduk, which is not how it's supposed to be read.

Oh, come on. It's gorgeous!

Well COME ON... all I've seen of it so far is a single thumbnail image that, on my colossal monitor, is about the size of a postage stamp. :p