Figures, I just picked up the 5-pack of books and here I find out that may be the end of it.

Nah, I'm positive it will continue. They just have to get the logistics worked out regarding where it will be serialized.

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine last week along with a figure that I had ordered three months ago, thank you private warehouse, had a finacial issue but I was able to pay for the shipping and it arrived. I must say I like how they remenince back to year before the official launch of the SDF-1 and the arrival of the Zentreadi, of the event that took place with the what is apparently the final battle with the Anti-UN forces and the U.N. Spacy. I definitely liked the first and only Deadalus splash attack on that Anti-U.N. Sub, that captain did not expect that after he damaged the rear hatch of the Deadalus. And on a plus note I finally get to see a picture of Haruhiko Mikimoto, wow he is a year older than Kawamorii.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never understood how Global's tenure as a submarine Captain qualified him as the commander of a deep space, Battleship/ Aircraft Carrier??

He's used to confined places??? :rolleyes:

Just continues to confound me... :blink:

Edited by Zinjo

I've never understood how Global's tenure as a submarine Captain qualified him as the commander of a deep space, Battleship/ Aircraft Carrier??

A submarine really is the closest "Earth" environment to running a spaceship. One mistake can kill of everyone and the environment is totally unforgiving. Then add the ability to stay in a confined area for months on end.

He was also previously Captain of an Oberth-class destroyer, so he already had the experience of operating a warship in space. Add to that the fact that he also had actual space combat experience during his time as Captain of said destroyer since he was the one that faced and defeated the hijacked destroyer during the Unification Wars.

Also, a submarine operates in a more 3-D environment than regular surface ships, so that could also be a contributing factor in Global's qualifications to command the Macross

Wait, are we discussing Global's right to be SDF1's captain? Jeez, it's summer indeed

no different than questioning presidential cannidates of their qualifications/birth certs/etc LOL...

Edited by TehPW

no different than questioning presidential cannidates of their qualifications/birth certs/etc LOL...

On the contrary, Global has no "right" to be a commander of anything. The Spacy brass and likely some politicians made that call, based upon his abilities and experience.

However, I did forget that he was an Oberth Captain during the wars, so he'd be of the few who had space combat, command experience.

On the contrary, Global has no "right" to be a commander of anything. The Spacy brass and likely some politicians made that call, based upon his abilities and experience.

However, I did forget that he was an Oberth Captain during the wars, so he'd be of the few who had space combat, command experience.

i think you should admend that to 'of the few SURVIVING...' It's strongly implied from M0 onwards that the UN/AUN war (is it safe to just call it Macross SDF's WWIII instead?) was very attrition oriented and experianced officers, crew, pilots were all in high demand and very small availality by the time Macross SDF's 2009 year rolled in. He got the job by being one of the lucky ones, if you look at the whole from a certain perspective. And your right about his selection being very political. politics is what started the war in the first place...

Edited by TehPW

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

wow!, 30 bucks international shipping, hate it when shipping is more than the item itself. :wacko:

I was preordering the Mospeada Blurays, so I thought to tag this along.

Amazon doesn't allow us to combine shipping anymore? I had to cancel my preorder and create a new order.

On its own, the shipping would cost 2000 yen, but when combined, it is just 2500 yen.

Now, there's the other question of all these strange cryptic symbols on the pages... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Spotted by forum user Peter at the Comic Walker booth at Anime Japan today - a Macross the First sketch by Haruhiko Mikimoto. Comic Walker is a new digital manga service by Kadokawa that includes manga such as Yamato 2199 and Gundam the Origin.

Could this mean that Macross the First is returning in digital form?

A search for it at the newly launched Comic Walker site comes up with no hits at this point, but it may be worth keeping an eye on the service in the future just in case.

post-9325-0-59834300-1395587182_thumb.jpg

Spotted by forum user Peter at the Comic Walker booth at Anime Japan today - a Macross the First sketch by Haruhiko Mikimoto. Comic Walker is a new digital manga service by Kadokawa that includes manga such as Yamato 2199 and Gundam the Origin.

Could this mean that Macross the First is returning in digital form?

A search for it at the newly launched Comic Walker site comes up with no hits at this point, but it may be worth keeping an eye on the service in the future just in case.

While it'd be cool to see it back up, I still like having my hard copy of the book. Does this mean, if your suspicion is correct, that these won't be on bookshelves?

While it'd be cool to see it back up, I still like having my hard copy of the book. Does this mean, if your suspicion is correct, that these won't be on bookshelves?

If I'm reading it correctly - the digital edition of Macross The First starts from April.

There's no mention of a print edition.

This would most likely only affect the weekly/monthly chapters. Yamato 2199, for example, still gets tankobons physically published/released when there's enough content accumulate digitally.

I downloaded the Comic Walker app and I found this news.

FYI

IMG_0637.JPG  IMG_0636.JPG

From April, they say.

Thank you for checking!

It looks like they updated the site with this news after midnight (ie, after I checked).

It looks like the news is also only displayed if you set the app to Japanese. Even though Kadokawa claims it to be international, the English version of the app does not have the same news post.

I tried confirming with Kadokawa and all they could say was that 'most' titles would be available internationally.

This would most likely only affect the weekly/monthly chapters. Yamato 2199, for example, still gets tankobons physically published/released when there's enough content accumulate digitally.

That makes sense, as they need to build the chapters to make enough for the compilation volumes. Still very good news. I'll be downloading the app, settings set for Japanese.