1/72 VF-11 Full Armour

Valk009

Okay, after a very very long delay, I can finally say that the 1/72 scale VF-11 Full Armour resin kit is complete, well need to copy cast a few bits still :rolleyes: This kit is huge and very heavy, weighing in at close to 1kg!

I will take the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays to assemble one together and hopefully get it recasted shortly afterwards for those who are interested B))

post-1066-1201763894_thumb.jpg

post-1066-1201763903_thumb.jpg

if the price is not to crazy I would like one, this is the complete armor kit with robot or do we have to source our own VF-11 in robot mode?

I undertand that this is not a conversion kit, also I see robot parts like feet, head, hands, etc.

I'm in!! if the price is right of course ehhehehe

glad you're done, amazing job man!

I have an original Retppu VF-11 fighter kit, which I was planning to use it as a base kit for a new scuplt kit but just do not have all the time for it.

So, it is up for offer or if I can get sufficient interest in it, say at least 15 kits, I can recast it!

What about this ^_^

Okay, here are some answers to all the queries!

The kit is a full kit and not a conversion kit, so no worry of not being able to find a 1/72 VF-11 battroid kit ^_^ The initial idea was to make it a conversion kit based around the Hobby Base Retppu VF-11 battroid kit. However it proved too difficult due to anime magic and the end result will not be proportional and true to original lineart.

As with pricing, still crunching the numbers for the cost of the mold and resin per kit. Will try and keep it as low as possible, so far I am looking in the region of $150 before shipping.

Last but not least, the original 1/72 Hobby Base Retppu kit I mentioned and replied in the wanted section of the forum is either for sale or if there is sufficient interest, I can recast it.

Okay, here are some answers to all the queries!

The kit is a full kit and not a conversion kit, so no worry of not being able to find a 1/72 VF-11 battroid kit ^_^ The initial idea was to make it a conversion kit based around the Hobby Base Retppu VF-11 battroid kit. However it proved too difficult due to anime magic and the end result will not be proportional and true to original lineart.

As with pricing, still crunching the numbers for the cost of the mold and resin per kit. Will try and keep it as low as possible, so far I am looking in the region of $150 before shipping.

Last but not least, the original 1/72 Hobby Base Retppu kit I mentioned and replied in the wanted section of the forum is either for sale or if there is sufficient interest, I can recast it.

Retppu put out 3 1/72 VF-11 kits in total. VF-11B battroid, VF-11C battroid, and VF-11B fighter. So, yes, it does exist. It's pretty rare though.

Hobby used to sell recasts of it years ago. I seem to recall people saying that it was a pretty nice kit, except the nose was a bit flat, giving it a "duck's bill" sort of look.

The Club-M is a nice kit, but it has some fit issues. But that seems to be fairly common for Club-M kits...

post-50-1199355518_thumb.jpg

Because of this, I hope you can recast the kit and fix the problems it has ^_^

Well, hoping to see through the VF-11 Full Armour project first before attempting any new work. So, if you want to see a new 1/72 VF-11 fighter resin kit based on the Hobby Base Retppu kit, you will have to give me some time B))

Well, hoping to see through the VF-11 Full Armour project first before attempting any new work. So, if you want to see a new 1/72 VF-11 fighter resin kit based on the Hobby Base Retppu kit, you will have to give me some time B))

I have a suggestion. can you make an extra VF-11D conversion part when you recast the VF-11 :lol:

I have a suggestion. can you make an extra VF-11D conversion part when you recast the VF-11 :lol:

That's should be an excellent excuse for me, to purchase another VF-11 fighter (I already have the Club-M kit) :lol:

This is awesome news. Andy you made my weekend. Since i have to work this weekend now i know what i can put the money to. HEHEH ..Differently I'm in for one. Also any other VF-11 project you may do. It final sounds like the Vf-11 will get it's day in the sun. Very cool.

Andy,

The price is right, any idea of what shipping would be to either 98248 (US) or V4N-5B2 (Canada) as I have a house in both countries.

This is going to be a must, will you have a custom box made for it, I am one of those model kit collectors and not builders (dont have time for it).

Regards

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

The kit is being casted as we speak and I will get delivery of the boxes next week. So, if everything works out according to plan, the kits will be ready by the end of the month or early March!

Okay, here are some answers to the few queries I see!

First, the price for the kit inclusive first class registered air mail to the US and PayPal fees is $190, other countries will vary a little. The first 20 kits will also receive a 1/12 Minmay resin figure.

Second, due to the sheer size and weight of the kit, it was designed to be set as a fixed pose but with some minor alterations and some very heavy duty ball joints, I believe it can me made pose able. The kit is a little over a 1kg and top heavy because of the back back boosters, so making it pose able can be risky.

Last but not least, the question on a 1/72 VF-11 fighter...yes, there will be VF-11 fighter made, most likely a re-tooled version of the Hobby Base Retppu kit. I am also planning to make a dual cockpit option but all this to become reality will take still some time.

First, the price for the kit inclusive first class registered air mail to the US and PayPal fees is $190, other countries will vary a little. The first 20 kits will also receive a 1/12 Minmay resin figure.

Second, due to the sheer size and weight of the kit, it was designed to be set as a fixed pose but with some minor alterations and some very heavy duty ball joints, I believe it can me made pose able. The kit is a little over a 1kg and top heavy because of the back back boosters, so making it pose able can be risky.

Last but not least, the question on a 1/72 VF-11 fighter...yes, there will be VF-11 fighter made, most likely a re-tooled version of the Hobby Base Retppu kit. I am also planning to make a dual cockpit option but all this to become reality will take still some time.

Awesome! Can't wait anymore for both VF-11 project^_^

Put me down for one please. :D

And if you make a VF-11 with dual cockpit, I'll buy one also.