W.H.A.M. 2008

Not too impressed by WHAM so far though, with Macross just being ok, and quite overpriced. Now that they re-released the "movie version', I don't really know what version I bought back then <_< . So not sure if I'll go for another WHAM.

"Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry...." :D

Edited by mpchi

I wouldn't mind paying for the Minerva as long as the smaller vehicles come with it.

And can be stored inside it.

I think some of them, like the Garland and the Appleseed figures will be more like toys, kind of like the SDF-1 of the same line.

Appleseed figures are completed action figures. They looks great.

Proto Garland is a plamodel. I made up my mind with transformable Yamato unless Aoshima decides to make one.

That Helldiver will be mine, oh yes it will!

So they are the same scale as CM's gokin/vinyl Patlabor.

Although Helldiver is a good one, I must resist starting a whole new labor collection... :ph34r:

Edited by konimon

So they are the same scale as CM's gokin/vinyl Patlabor.

Although Helldiver is a good one, I must resist starting a whole new labor collection... :ph34r:

Actually, CM's Corp has never given an official scale for their Patlabor figures (both Brave Gohkin and soft-vinyl). Initially I'd thought the scale was close to 1/48 because the pilot figures were a perfect fit for Takara's 1/48 ActicGear Votoms. However, careful measurements and averaging of of head-heights throughout the line-up gives evidence of a scale closer to 1/46.

Still, I suppose a 4% difference in scale will hardly be noticeable. When the WHAM AV-98 is released, I'll take my CM's to the stores for a comparison. If the sizes aren't too mismatched, I will be open to the possibility of buying the Helldiver. It's not a must-have (yet) because CM's may still release a Helldiver in their non-gohkin line (like the upcoming AV-0 Peacemaker), which will probably have the 'advantage' of real-cloth shrouds for the joints, whereas the WHAM prototype seems to sport molded rubber/PVC, which MAY look out-of-place next to the CM's labors.

The worst-case scenario would be for CM's to anounce a gimmickless but oh-so-niche sofubi Helldiver... because I'd be SO tempted to have THAT as well as a fully articulated WHAM version :p

You can have my credit card baby,

But keep your red hot fingers off of my heart lady.

All I know is what I see,

You’re getting what you want and girl it ain’t just me.

No matter how you cry,

I’m not giving any love away...

Do you think I’m crazy?

All I know is what I see,

And what can I do

When you pretend that you’re in love with me baby?

Quick add-on:

The text on the cards say the Ingram will be ABS & DIECAST, while Helldiver will be ABS & PVC...

So WAVE are following CM's same-scale but multi-tier strategy?

Also,

WHAM Ingram = 10,290yen

CM's Ingram = 12,800yen

So the WHAM is likely to have a higher plastic-to-metal ratio, if the SDF-1 is anything to gauge by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...