VF-2SS in atmosphere

yui1107

Those look awesome! I especially like the VF-2. I always thought it looked really cool. Any idea who made them? There's a TREAD in there that looks awesome too. Kit or scratchbuild? - MT

Edited by MechTech

VF-2/SS = my favourite macross fighter (heresy, I know).

I have the core model. My only issue with it is its scale (1/72, where are you?) and the fact that it has that green canopy. This guy has done a tremendous job in tarting it up, it looks awesome.

well the vf2ss is one of my favorites as well.....there wouldn't happen to be a how to for this kit, is it perfect variable or swappable like the stock vf2ss? my only complaint is the gun pod is fugly.....

and that Tread/Beta Fighter is incredible!!...wonder if they made it with the ability to hook up with a Legioss counerpart?

VF-2/SS = my favourite macross fighter (heresy, I know).

I have the core model. My only issue with it is its scale (1/72, where are you?) and the fact that it has that green canopy. This guy has done a tremendous job in tarting it up, it looks awesome.

I'll tell you what, after seeing that model I am inclined to call the VF-2/SS *MY* favorite. That thing looks awesome as shown here. Holy smokes!

and that Tread/Beta Fighter is incredible!!...wonder if they made it with the ability to hook up with a Legioss counerpart?

If these pics are any indication, that'd be an "Oh yes!"......Link.

BTW, since I haven't mentioned it yet, I definitely do like how that VF-2SS looks. Is it heresy to say that I like the VF-2SS's design more than the VF-4's design?

Wow! fantastic work on all the models...

So is the VF-2 a modification of the Bandai kit? That green canopy seems to say so , but it looks too good to be the plastic kit.

Fantastic!

:o GASP! Hey, that TREAD is new from the last time! The one I saw was white. It looked like a kit taped together then :huh: . If someone knows what that TREAD is (kit/mod), don't hold out! - MT

So is the VF-2 a modification of the Bandai kit? That green canopy seems to say so , but it looks too good to be the plastic kit.

It has to be the Bandai kit. That was a pretty decent kit, except for it's size. This one looks like it's been modified heavily.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it before I will say it again. . .

The VF-2 HAS to be made in to a toy.

If there is a young upstart toy company out there looking for a hot first seller, this is it. . .

Do not pass this up you will make serious cash anywhere you sell it.

It just has that hardass toy, but easy to transform look to it.

Hands down a true follow up to the VF-1.

Hell, they could do a knock-off of it and make the fans happy.

I would easily buy four or five without a second though.

Just make it in a good scale (1/60, 1/55, 1/72), prefect change and of strong plastic.

That Tread is way cooler than Toynami's version with the fold down cockpit. I'm amazed...

EDIT - The picture of it in the quasi-Gerwalk mode would be how the Tread should look (if the cockpit were down) with the battroid Legioss attached in that picture of the super armed Legioss Tread combo that everyone loves to drool over.

Edited by jenius

That VF-2 is indeed the 1/100 Bandai version. Though whoever built it appears to be using B-Club's non-armor parts. It's an average kit, thought it looks like a million bucks in those pics because whoever built it put on a fantastic paint job!

Sadly it'll never be made in toy form. Yamato is too close to Kawamori to touch it and Bandai doesn't care about Macross anymore. Our only hope is Toynami! :o

• 2 weeks later...