Next Samurai Monkey model: 1/72 Regult.

captain america

Hi all.

I just wanted to give everyone the heads-up on the next SM project: after some lengthy deliberation, Rob and I have both decided on the Regult in 1/72 scale.

Features I plan to build into the kit: poseable legs and feet via the use of ball-joints, detailed cockpit, and 1-side see-through hull to show off the details of that cockpit. The model would also be modular, allowing for possible Regult "Missile Carrier" and "Tactical Scout" variations at a later time.

Estimated price: $125.00 plus shipping. Estimated completion: mid May.

I'd essentially like to keep this thread as a preorder list ONLY as much as possible, so all those interested can simply post here, and I'll continually update this first post with names of all interested members. No money needs to be put down for the time being, but you will be required to put down a deposit once the masters are done to confirm your pre-order (payment instructions will be made available at that time)... That should be around late April/early May. We need at least 50 orders to get things going.

...Let the mayhem begin!

Orders:

-Ranger565 (2)

-xstoys

-ghadrack (2)

-Grayson72

-azrhino (2)

-myersjessee (2)

-94medition

-cobywan (2)

-jardann

-akim

-berttt

-AlphaHX (2)

-JoLe727 (2)

-Prometheum5

-007-vf1

-Gabe Q

-Ignacio Ocamica

-viceland (2)

-neptuneservey (2)

-flash

-Mechleader

-wm cheng

-Plastik Missle

-jorwar b (2)

-Lo-pan

-THOR (2)

-baxojayz

-Jinnai

-Major Tom

-f91

-shdwfx2000

-gnollman

-bigkid24 (3)

-valkyrie

-rkiyo

-Jasonic

-chowyunskinny

-Sebastian

-Cdr Fokker (Tentative)

-laroy

-to177

-Wheels

-David Graf

-agass4u

-sithlord (2)

-yman1437

-Amped

-Mystix

-ChristopherB (2)

Edited by captain america

gotta find out more info on this. Will the sculpt be more complex than the existing Polystyrene offering in 1.72nd scale? Poseable legs are nice, but $125 nice? Are you sure there would be a market because you can get that one for less than $125 bones and you don't have to deal with resin. I know these are not as common, but you can find them occasionally.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

94medition: the main "pod" of the regult will have two halves to the structure, left and right. One half will simply be molded in clear amber resin. However, it will also have the rear entry/exit hatch which can be positioned open or closed for extra cockpit viewing.

azrhino: yes, the Booster LV is on hold due to lack of demand. Even this project hinges on whether or not I can fill the quota of 50 to make it financially viable.

Less than Super O: the resin model will not be based on the plastic model whatsoever; it'll have proportions closer to the official lineart, plus an actual cockpit & clear-view hull.

Like most any other Macross design, there are plastic versions, and there are resin versions. There were resin VF-1 fighters & battroid kits (non variable) selling for triple or quadruple the price of the older Imai variable plastic model, but people still bought the resin models. Like anything else, if you don't agree with the price, you are under no obligation to purchase the product.

Less than Super O: the resin model will not be based on the plastic model whatsoever; it'll have proportions closer to the official lineart, plus an actual cockpit & clear-view hull.

Like most any other Macross design, there are plastic versions, and there are resin versions. There were resin VF-1 fighters & battroid kits (non variable) selling for triple or quadruple the price of the older Imai variable plastic model, but people still bought the resin models. Like anything else, if you don't agree with the price, you are under no obligation to purchase the product.

just curious... no reason to get ancy. I'm just saying if there is a resin kit and a polystyrene kit of the same subject (assuming similar quality, which I'm sure yours will be much better) then I would chose Polystyrene every time. Easier to work with, no pinning necessary, etc.

*pouting in the corner cause the Booster LV is on hold*

Well I'm in too...

Having been in John's workshop, seen his talent first hand and how he creates these awesome works of art, I will buy everything he ever has to offer... that's Macross related.

Good news John, snowstorm comin' in the next few days over all of PQ, 30cm... yippee <_<

I'm interested in one.

If the price were lower, I'd be interested in more (since no one else is making the bad guys, I need something for my toys to shoot down)

ANy chance of a 1/60 version? THen it would match up with the smaller yamatos.

Thanks

Brad

1/72 scale is perfect

Possibility for add-on parts to create other versions is awesome.

Price sounds right based upon the level of detail mentioned.

Sign me up for (2). One to save, and one to have someone build for me. ;)

Nooooo... I was so looking forward to the LV - I truely hope its not dead. Maybe if there was a way to reduce the costs - there would be more takers, the cost was a huge consideration for me.

I would be in for one.