Have you heard about DAICON Films?

UN Spacy

Holy moly!! Is that Daicon 4 movie something that was done during the times before the use of computers in animation???  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

THAT LOOKS HELLA GOOD! EVEN BY TODAY'S STANDARDS!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

There's a lot of great animation that was done before computers.

There are....but rare...and this is no exception. Same with DYRL / Macross.

Just thinking how they animated those stuff like the nuke explosion and trees growing below the "SDF" firing is just boggling. Lots of work must have gone into the whole thing.

Heck...."Itano Circus" missle trails were pretty hard to animate as well I'm sure.

Definately impressed especially for something old. You guys sure this isn't digitally remastered or something? :lol:

Heck...."Itano Circus" missle trails were pretty hard to animate as well I'm sure.

In fact, Itano Ichiro animated even those Daicon films.

FV

I'm sure he did. No one does missle trails like him. ;)

Watching this makes you realize what a lost art hand drawn animation is becoming. It simply doesn't look like that or that good anymore.

Hey hey, is it just me, or did I see an early example of the "Gainax bounce" in there?

Edited by Duke Togo

The bounce was there man the bounce was there. At least i thought i saw it too.

Alot of the older hand drawn animation had a visual weight and depth to it too that gets lost in todays computer enriched stuff. compare DYRL? and Macross 0. The computer made stuff just looks too flat and featureless even the characher animations seem flatter.

• 2 weeks later...