Zentradi Sculpture

whytwolf

I'm currently working on a 1/72 full-sized Zentradi figure sculpt, and posted progress pics to the Clubhouse's Sculpting forum, you can check it out here:

Zentradi WIP

Comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Sorry about that--here are the pics:

ZentSculpt.jpg

The yellowish clay is an ivory Sculpy III, while the pinkish stuff is SS. Eventually the whole sculp will have a thin SS skin as the armor surface (and cause the SIII keeps cracking)

ZentSculpt1.jpg

ZentSculpt2.jpg

ZentSculpt3.jpg

ZentSculpt4.jpg

ZentSculpt6.jpg

ZentSculptScale.jpg

Here's a sense of scale for this figure, the small grey blur is a 1/72 human pilot. These Zentradi blokes are large B))

ZentHeadHands1.jpg

ZentHeadHands2.jpg

ZentHeadHands3.jpg

Some (blurry) images of the head and hands for the Zent figure. The curled up one will eventually be holding an assault rifle (at this scale it's ~20' long!)

Sean

Based on the human fig, he looks like he's about 18 meters tall. Male Zentradi really only average about 10 meters.

Another way of putting it would be to say that a 1/72 Zentradi should be about 14 cm tall. Britai, at 13.54 m tall, would be just shy of 19 cm.

If your guy is as big as he looks in the picture, he could plausibly be a tall 1/48 Zentradi. By my calculations, in "real life" he'd be about 12 meters--about the same height as Kamjin (Khyron).

Hrmmm, I used a engineering scale to determin the figure height--the scale has 72 scale feet maked out over the length of a 1 foot long scale--1/72 if my former engineering education is right :) I figured this guy at 60 feet, and used the scale to measure....

Wouldn't be the first time the math has buggered me up though so I could be wrong :)

Sean

Thanks to Knight26 for setting me straight re: size of a non-micronized Zentradi. With the new measurements in mind, it was back to the drawing board (so to speak). I'm now nearly at the point I was before, but this time with a properly scaled 1/72 Zentradi who ranges at about 40'.

Nice thing about starting again is that I can do better, and fater work using all the lessons I learned on the previous sculpt.

I hope to have some pictures to post in the next few days.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update on the sculpt:

Thanks to the size screw up as point out above, I've had to start all over again--not too much of a problem as the second time is turning out better than the first. I'm just really slow at sculpting...and I still need to find time to finish all my models that I'm working on too....too bad someone won't pay em to do this (not that I'm THAT good anyway) :)

Below are some new pics:

And for reference:

zentraedi.gif

ZentSculpt.JPG

ZentSculpt1.JPG

ZentSculpt2.JPG

ZentSculpt3.JPG

ZentSculpt4.JPG

ZentSculpt5.JPG

And here asre some pics of the head, hands and assault rifle. The head I want to do several variations on, so I'm going to cast a resin copy and modify that. The hands are being sculpted in GreenStuff (Kneadatite epoxy putty) and I plan of putting a Milliput (another epoxy putty) layer over the assault rifle to allow for a harder edge, smoother and more mechanical look and feel.

HeadHands2.JPG

HeadHands.JPG

As always, any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Looking great man, can't wait to see if completed, are you planning to recast it when you are done?

Yeah, I'm playing with some Smooth-On this weekend and experimenting with casting the head. The final piece will be a cold cast resin figure (I hope!) if I can swing the time and/or money to do so.

Thanks for the input!

Sean