Eric Bana is the new Bond

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040802e.php

Bond 21: News of the World reports that Eric Bana is in talks to take over from Pierce Brosnan as 007. The dubious report also indicates the title as "The Man with The Red Tattoo" and the plot is said to revolve around a deadly virus. Moviehole has confirmed with Bana's rep though that the report is false - "There's no truth to the story. He hasn't even been approached to play the role".

As long as what they say about this one being more character driven rather then special effects driven is true, I'm happy. I'm kind of glad Brosnan's leaving the role. He looked pretty bad in Die Another Day (like everything else about the movie).

Rupert would make a great Bond for looks. However the actor has to be a bit of a stud muffin to be able to pull off the role. A gay actor would not be believable, (not a slur against gays,) and the film would be ridiculed.

The whole idea about Bond is that he's a man's man. He is 100% heterosexual, he's arrogant, womanising, and has a 12 inch tongue, and a 15 inch penis.

:p

• 4 weeks later...
I watched the old Bond movies... while there were still some good parts.. they were all cheese. That's what Bond is. Personally, I'd rather see him get back to taking on crazy people w/ crazy doomsday devices .... (like Goldeneye and Die Another Day)

Yeah, and you probably think that Ghallager is the funniest person to ever live. :p

I watched the old Bond movies... while there were still some good parts.. they were all cheese. That's what Bond is. Personally, I'd rather see him get back to taking on crazy people w/ crazy doomsday devices .... (like Goldeneye and Die Another Day)

There were 2 that weren't goofball. From Russia with Love, and On Her Majestie's Secret Service.

Yeah, and you probably think that Ghallager is the funniest person to ever live. :p

Um... no.

Bond is and always has been goofball. I'd like to see them get back to that, because that's part of what makes Bond cool. If we modernized Bond and made him like Bourne, then why have Bond at all? That kind of takes away from what makes Bond... well... Bond.

Taking on super-villains is his whole deal. Not people trying to build a pipeline... not people trying to write newpaper tripe... its about Bond gettin laid, smoking, partying, and fighting villains with doomsday devices! There are a couple Bonds that get away from that, and they're cool in their own right... but they're not the reason I keep coming back for more. If I wanted "realism," I'd watch something about spies on the History channel... if I want entertainment; I go for Bond. I mean, sure these new "realistic" spy movies are kinda cool... but I'd rather go for the exaggerated fun!

Bsu, where did I ever say Gallagher was the funniest person alive? I don't see how you could derive that from anything I said. :rolleyes: