Help name my robot dog...

Gaijin

What should I name this AIBO?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should I name this AIBO?

• Fonzie...cause he's cool (dog is funny cool)
    • KOS-MOS...cause she's cool [i] and[/i]bad ass
    • Taco
    • Sharon Apple...it fits at times with the whole AI thing
    • Cipher
    • Isis
    • Misato
    • Tofu (if the dog was white, this'd be perfect)
    • Poppy
    • Giles

I always had problems naming my aibos.

I named the 220 MECH, because that seemed appropriate.

At first I named my 210 PAYCHECK, because that's how much he costed.

But I found that I just kept calling him AIBO or 210 once the others arrived.

I call my ERS-7, SEVEN.

It kind of feels like naming my 1/48 valkyries Bob and Scruffy and Jimmy.

It's a toy, baby.

But I guess go with Isis because everyone else is saying it.

My avatar is a ride-on future aibo.

Isis was the egyptian god of cats! So it doesn't make a lot of sense to name a dog Isis.

Though Isis is associated with cats on TV shows, Bast was the goddess of cats.

http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/bast.htm

http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/isis.htm

Edited by Gaijin

How 'bout "kilobyte" just a silly thought although naming something that runs on batteries and a set of preprogrammed behaiviors to obey it's master is also silly. I guess the only bright side that you don't have to clean up after it, feed it or walk it. Anyways congrats!

You hurt Sinistar's feelings. Now apologize.

(Sinistar being the computer I'm using currently)

Tofu, no reason other than its a funny name for a robotic dog. :p Next choices would be Poppy, then Taco. Then as the trusty joke name, Inu. And remember since its a robotic dog make sure you add some numbers and letters to end of the name like Tofu-01A

And remember since its a robotic dog make sure you add some numbers and letters to end of the name like Tofu-01A

Well, the dog is already an ERS-210A so...

Edited by Gaijin

The Kawamori designed Aibo, wasn't really limited...it just didn't sell as well as the others.  Most people felt it was too...robotic looking.  And they were $200 more than the 210's (like the one I bought). So now, since they have been discontinued, they are harder to find.  People who own the 220 say it isn't really "cold and robotic" like after all...

I still want the 220A  (The A models were known as the Supercore Models...had a faster CPU).

Yeah, the general public want more "cute" robots, so the cold-looking Kawamori one wasn't as popular.

I remember speaking to a few people around the time it came out when I was in Tokyo one of the comments I got was that "it looks like the Terminator's dog".

As for a name -- how about "`Pochi"? It's the Japanese equivalent of "Rover" :)

EDIT -- Oops, missed that last post. Congratulations! Happy birth/christening day TACO!

Edited by Renato

The Kawamori designed Aibo, wasn't really limited...it just didn't sell as well as the others.  Most people felt it was too...robotic looking.  And they were $200 more than the 210's (like the one I bought). So now, since they have been discontinued, they are harder to find.  People who own the 220 say it isn't really "cold and robotic" like after all...

I still want the 220A  (The A models were known as the Supercore Models...had a faster CPU).

Yeah, the general public want more "cute" robots, so the cold-looking Kawamori one wasn't as popular.

I remember speaking to a few people around the time it came out when I was in Tokyo one of the comments I got was that "it looks like the Terminator's dog".

As for a name -- how about "`Pochi"? It's the Japanese equivalent of "Rover" :)

EDIT -- Oops, missed that last post. Congratulations! Happy birth/christening day TACO!

Pochi was a Girls Toon in the 80's about a lil PInk Dog that "Talked" and fought Crime. What about a Dr Who Refference K-9 it fits

Pity. I thought it looked pretty awesome.

Especially this photoshopped one, courtesyof Mechmaster:

post-26-1091483530.jpg

Pity. I thought it looked pretty awesome.

Especially this photoshopped one, courtesyof Mechmaster:

We doing the patlabor look?