YF-21 Hasegawa

Less than Super Ostrich

There is a local group of sci-fi modelers in Chicago that meet once a month... one of the crew, Terry Miesle (a frequent poster on Starshipmodeler.com) made this YF-21... I thought he did a very good job. His VF-1D also won a prize at this year's Wonderfest held down in Louisville.

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-026S.JPG

MVC-027S.JPG

His award winning VF-1D

tm_VF1Dc.jpg

tm_VF1Db.jpg

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

That guy does awesome work. If anyone's interested, Terry also posted a buildout summary of that VF-1D model here:

Link

It doesn't have all the details and "in-process" shots that accompany the step-by-steps our resident master wm cheng is so gracious to provide us with (which help more than you can ever imagine - again, thank you!!! ), but it's a great read and very good material.

Wow, that's some nice work.  But I think the 21 would look better if they finish wasn't so flat.

And could you post some info on that modeling group?  I want in on it :)

It's called Techmages... kinda a stupid name, but some nice guys. They meet once a month up at Venture Hobbies in Wheeling, IL. I've only been once, but I really enjoyed it.

Techmages Website

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

The Wonderfest in question I believe is held in Louisville, Kentucky. My Buddy Rick Cantu has entered the past two years. I have wanted to go but just hadn't had the time.

I might have to go next year though. I guess when it gets close to the next Wonderfest I will post to see who may be going. Maybe those of us who can attend should get together.....

Back on topic though, I really do like the flat coat. Is it possible to maybe get some more pic's of the 21 upclose? What colors did he use to paint it?

Edited by Malich