BP8's

Rohby

Hey All, hopefully it's not too late but here's a recast for the 1/48 BP8. I have two options to choose from:

1. super hard resin, however I'm unable to match it's color to the original piece. Good for customs. Pics are at next posts.

$7.00 pre-drilled

2. I was able to come close and sometimes I was even able to match the color of the original to the exact. However, this material is not as hard as the first but is slightly flexible. Still strong enough for the job.

$5.00 pre-drilled

The choice is your's. It all depends on what you plan to do with the piece. If you're gonna go for a custom, just go for the super hard one since you'll have to paint it anyways. If you need the piece to replace a broken one and have no intention for painting, just go for the second one. I've sent both types to "Neova" and maybe he can give us some feedback on both pieces.

Reason why the first one is more expensive: simply because the material costs alot more and it's cure time is over 1 hour. Four times the length as the second one which will hog up mold time.

post-25-1087027235.jpg

The pic above has the super strong resin piece (left) and the original piece (right)

And here's the pic to the second option. I'll take another pic of it next to the original for comparison tomorrow. Also, the holes on this piece hasn't been drilled but the one at the top has.

post-4-1091074807.jpg

Edited by Rohby

I have both pieces here with me. I didn't get a chance to stick it onto aValkyrie yet, but will do so this weekend with FPs.

I flexed the hell out of the color matched versions using my fingers (thumb and index finger) trying to snap it but nothing happened. No stress marks either. It is flexible and forms its original shape fast. I like it cuz the flexing soaks up the stress and keeps it from breaking.

The super hard one is what I recommend to everyone who does custom work. It is way harder and not as a brittle as the original. The only problem is the color but for customizers, who cares? Paint it!

I need to get a bunch for myself. I will try to post pics if Rohby doesn't.

Highly recommended!

Awesome work as usual Rohby!

Wow, that's a really clean looking cast! That BP8 part looks so cool I almost want to buy one, and I don't even need one! Great job. :)

BTW, how come in one pic the cast seems to be missing the "circle-bar-vernier" but the other pic has it. Did it just not show up because of the lighting?

Edited by redemption

well hes got my money for sure.  i don't really need it but its good to have a few as a backup just in case.  :p 

awesome work yet again rohby, can't wait til you get them ready to go!

Backups? That sounds like a plan.

especially you godzilla. :p i only got a handful of 1/48's left, you got a boat load and i'd imagine you'd want to pick up quite a few.

i might even pick up another set of TV hands if rohby's still making them? :unsure:

I forgot to mention, I'll be offering free shipping within the US. Just send me a PM if you're interested or you can post it here as well. For those of you who've already sent me a PM, I'll be getting back to you ASAP.

Thanks again

Looks great! I would like to be put down for 4 of the $5.00 type if you end

making some quantity. I too, think it will be a good idea for a backup. Please post instructions on how to order (in the U.S.) and pay via the forum and/or contact info. Thanks.......

:D

I'll order one of the $5 off Neova if he's got any left.. I guess I'll have to buy something else from you while I'm at it Anthony! :D

PS - Ichiban.. just curious. Why do you need 4? Please tell me you haven't broken the BP8 part 4 times! :blink:

I haven't broken one yet, knock knock on wood! Just getting them for insurance.

I have many 1/48s. They have held up so far for several transformations. After saving and spending and conecrn over replacement parts, I thought it would be a good idea, since it does seem to be a stressed part. B))

I'll order one of the $5 off Neova if he's got any left.. I guess I'll have to buy something else from you while I'm at it Anthony! :D

PS - Ichiban.. just curious. Why do you need 4? Please tell me you haven't broken the BP8 part 4 times! :blink:

Guppy,

I got both here and will send one out to you with your next purchase. :D

I need to compile a list of HK MWers who needs this and will place the order.

Just PM me and I'll workout the details with Rohby.

Rohby,

Recieved my color matched versions this past week..

I am extremely pleased! Nice job. These things are almost carbon copies of the originals!!!

And they even flex a little, so I dont think they will break as easily.. And they are definately strong enough to hold the armor!

Nice job!

i got my backpack hinges today, thanks rohby! :)

well let me start witha small review, first off, the flexible version leaves you with nothing to worry about. ay! forget about it. B))

the hardest part about installation is removing the steel pin(BP7)and putting it back. i was all worried about breaking it cause the damn pin is next to impossible to remove. it took a bit of effort to put it back but i didn't have many tools to work with, so for some of you folks, it might be a breeze.

well after that it was pretty cut and dry, screw this back in, screw that back in. whole process took about 15 minutes....not bad, not bad at all.

i gave it the standard torture test with the FP's and it definitely held up to the challenge.

anyhow, i didn't actually have a broken BP8, i just did this to see if they were legit and indeed, they are legit. B)) i didn't purchase the super stiff resin version but i'm pretty impressed with the strength and durability of the flexi-version.

thanks again for the excellent work rohby, my valks will thank you one day....hopefully not too soon. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hey all, I'm new here, and I broke my bp-8 piece accidentally, can I still get a recast from rob? And also, will the color be matched, or will I have to paint? Its for a 1st issue vf-1s. Thanks much.

the flexi version is a really close match and pretty durable overall

the super stiff version doesn't really match color-wise but is super-duper-strong.

get one of each and you can't go wrong. B))

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Anybody know if these are still available? I need one and I sent a pm to Rohby, but no response thus far. Anybody got an extra one to part with?

347914[/snapback]

I'm trying to find a recast too, please let me know as well! =)

Does anyone know if HLJ can still source a BP8 from Yamato directly? That's where I got my first BP8 replacement part.

Thanks in advance for any info...

• 6 months later...